Digital TV News: Espial
Espial reports First Quarter 2019 results
May 2, 2019 – Espial (TSX: ESP) has announced results for the three-month period ended March 31, 2019. First quarter revenue was $6.1 million. First quarter adjusted EBITDA was a loss of $0.6 million. Net loss was $1.5 million.
News categories: Espial, Jaison Dolvane, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Worldwide
Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
Apr 16, 2019 – Espial (TSE: ESP) has announced that they have certified several Amazon Alexa voice controls on Elevate-based IPTV, app-TV and cable services. Amazon did a bulk certification, enabling operators to move rapidly through the process.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Travis Kohlrus, Noah Popejoy, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Smart Home, Worldwide
Enghouse Systems to acquire Espial
Mar 25, 2019 – Espial Group (TSX: ESP) and Enghouse Systems (TSX: ENGH) have announced that they have entered into an arrangement agreement pursuant to which Enghouse has agreed to acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Espial.
News categories: Espial, Enghouse, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Worldwide
Inter Mountain Cable partners with Espial for TV services
Dec 18, 2018 – Espial has announced a partnership with Inter Mountain Cable (IMC) to launch a variety of advanced TV services across IMC’s IPTV and cable networks. Espial’s Elevate is a TVaaS video platform that allows operators to manage, deliver, and monetize video experiences.
News categories: Espial, Inter Mountain Cable, Matt James, John Schmoldt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Broadpeak, Inca Networks and Espial enable video delivery for Hiawatha Broadband
Oct 18, 2018 – Broadpeak and Inca Networks have announced that they have partnered to provide Hiawatha Broadband Communications (HBC) with an IP video delivery solution. The subscriber management and user experiences are powered by Espial's Elevate Cloud IPTV platform.
News categories: Broadpeak, Inca Networks, Espial, Hiawatha Broadband Communications, Jacques Le Mancq, Robert Bell, Mick McCluskey, Jim Kronebusch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, SCTE•ISBE, USA, UX
WOW! uses Espial Elevate TVaaS for its ULTRA TV service
Oct 10, 2018 – Espial has announced that WideOpenWest (WOW!) will use Espial’s Elevate video platform to power its WOW! ULTRA STB offering. Elevate gives service providers the ability to deploy IPTV, OTT and cable services quickly, with low deployment risk, and with predictable costs.
News categories: Espial, WideOpenWest, Matt James, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
TDS signs Elevate SaaS agreement with Espial
Oct 3, 2018 – Espial has announced that TDS has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate Cloud video platform. With Elevate, TDS cable video customers will continue to get an immersive experience and easy access to OTT services, including Netflix and YouTube.
News categories: Espial, TDS, Matt James, Julie Maiers, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Espial Elevate SaaS video platform works with Amazon Web Services
Sep 13, 2018 – Espial has announced that its Elevate Cloud IPTV Platform is available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and ready for deployment with AWS Elemental services for cloud-based video processing and delivery. Working with AWS allows Espial to offer its customers a TV-as-a-Service solution on the cloud at scale.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
Espial introduces fully managed Android TVaaS solution
Sep 10, 2018 – Espial has announced a managed TV-as-a-Service (TVaaS) solution for Android TV, including support for Android TV Operator Tier set-top boxes and Android TV retail devices. The solution is powered by the Elevate Cloud IPTV Platform.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks