Digital TV News: Espial
Espial reports First Quarter 2019 results
May 2, 2019 – Espial (TSX: ESP) has announced results for the three-month period ended March 31, 2019. First quarter revenue was $6.1 million. First quarter adjusted EBITDA was a loss of $0.6 million. Net loss was $1.5 million.
News categories: Espial, Jaison Dolvane, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Worldwide
Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
Apr 16, 2019 – Espial (TSE: ESP) has announced that they have certified several Amazon Alexa voice controls on Elevate-based IPTV, app-TV and cable services. Amazon did a bulk certification, enabling operators to move rapidly through the process.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Travis Kohlrus, Noah Popejoy, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Smart Home, Worldwide
Enghouse Systems to acquire Espial
Mar 25, 2019 – Espial Group (TSX: ESP) and Enghouse Systems (TSX: ENGH) have announced that they have entered into an arrangement agreement pursuant to which Enghouse has agreed to acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Espial.
News categories: Espial, Enghouse, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Worldwide
Inter Mountain Cable partners with Espial for TV services
Dec 18, 2018 – Espial has announced a partnership with Inter Mountain Cable (IMC) to launch a variety of advanced TV services across IMC’s IPTV and cable networks. Espial’s Elevate is a TVaaS video platform that allows operators to manage, deliver, and monetize video experiences.
News categories: Espial, Inter Mountain Cable, Matt James, John Schmoldt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Broadpeak, Inca Networks and Espial enable video delivery for Hiawatha Broadband
Oct 18, 2018 – Broadpeak and Inca Networks have announced that they have partnered to provide Hiawatha Broadband Communications (HBC) with an IP video delivery solution. The subscriber management and user experiences are powered by Espial's Elevate Cloud IPTV platform.
News categories: Broadpeak, Inca Networks, Espial, Hiawatha Broadband Communications, Jacques Le Mancq, Robert Bell, Mick McCluskey, Jim Kronebusch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, SCTE•ISBE, USA, UX
WOW! uses Espial Elevate TVaaS for its ULTRA TV service
Oct 10, 2018 – Espial has announced that WideOpenWest (WOW!) will use Espial’s Elevate video platform to power its WOW! ULTRA STB offering. Elevate gives service providers the ability to deploy IPTV, OTT and cable services quickly, with low deployment risk, and with predictable costs.
News categories: Espial, WideOpenWest, Matt James, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
TDS signs Elevate SaaS agreement with Espial
Oct 3, 2018 – Espial has announced that TDS has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate Cloud video platform. With Elevate, TDS cable video customers will continue to get an immersive experience and easy access to OTT services, including Netflix and YouTube.
News categories: Espial, TDS, Matt James, Julie Maiers, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Espial Elevate SaaS video platform works with Amazon Web Services
Sep 13, 2018 – Espial has announced that its Elevate Cloud IPTV Platform is available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and ready for deployment with AWS Elemental services for cloud-based video processing and delivery. Working with AWS allows Espial to offer its customers a TV-as-a-Service solution on the cloud at scale.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Worldwide
Espial introduces fully managed Android TVaaS solution
Sep 10, 2018 – Espial has announced a managed TV-as-a-Service (TVaaS) solution for Android TV, including support for Android TV Operator Tier set-top boxes and Android TV retail devices. The solution is powered by the Elevate Cloud IPTV Platform.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC2019, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Czech Television completes transition to DVB-T2 with Synamedia
- Thomson Broadcast and Viaccess-Orca secure DTT deployment in Mali
- Irdeto, Amlogic and Skyworth launch Android TV hybrid STB reference design
- NAGRA and KAON introduce Android TV streaming solution for pay-TV operators
- NAGRA, SDMC and Amlogic offer Android TV solution for pay-TV operators
- TRAI issues consultation paper on STB interoperability implementation
- Beenius signs reseller agreement for Caribbean and LatAm markets
- BBC explores targeting of promotional content using Sky technology
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA