Digital TV News: Espial
Espial reports First Quarter 2019 results
May 2, 2019 – Espial (TSX: ESP) has announced results for the three-month period ended March 31, 2019. First quarter revenue was $6.1 million. First quarter adjusted EBITDA was a loss of $0.6 million. Net loss was $1.5 million.
News categories: Espial, Jaison Dolvane, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Worldwide
Amazon bulk certifies Espial Elevate operators for Alexa voice control
Apr 16, 2019 – Espial (TSE: ESP) has announced that they have certified several Amazon Alexa voice controls on Elevate-based IPTV, app-TV and cable services. Amazon did a bulk certification, enabling operators to move rapidly through the process.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Travis Kohlrus, Noah Popejoy, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Smart Home, Worldwide
Enghouse Systems to acquire Espial
Mar 25, 2019 – Espial Group (TSX: ESP) and Enghouse Systems (TSX: ENGH) have announced that they have entered into an arrangement agreement pursuant to which Enghouse has agreed to acquire all of the issued and outstanding common shares of Espial.
News categories: Espial, Enghouse, Canada, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Worldwide
Inter Mountain Cable partners with Espial for TV services
Dec 18, 2018 – Espial has announced a partnership with Inter Mountain Cable (IMC) to launch a variety of advanced TV services across IMC’s IPTV and cable networks. Espial’s Elevate is a TVaaS video platform that allows operators to manage, deliver, and monetize video experiences.
News categories: Espial, Inter Mountain Cable, Matt James, John Schmoldt, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Broadpeak, Inca Networks and Espial enable video delivery for Hiawatha Broadband
Oct 18, 2018 – Broadpeak and Inca Networks have announced that they have partnered to provide Hiawatha Broadband Communications (HBC) with an IP video delivery solution. The subscriber management and user experiences are powered by Espial's Elevate Cloud IPTV platform.
News categories: Broadpeak, Inca Networks, Espial, Hiawatha Broadband Communications, Jacques Le Mancq, Robert Bell, Mick McCluskey, Jim Kronebusch, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, SCTE•ISBE, USA, UX
WOW! uses Espial Elevate TVaaS for its ULTRA TV service
Oct 10, 2018 – Espial has announced that WideOpenWest (WOW!) will use Espial’s Elevate video platform to power its WOW! ULTRA STB offering. Elevate gives service providers the ability to deploy IPTV, OTT and cable services quickly, with low deployment risk, and with predictable costs.
News categories: Espial, WideOpenWest, Matt James, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
TDS signs Elevate SaaS agreement with Espial
Oct 3, 2018 – Espial has announced that TDS has signed an agreement to license Espial’s Elevate Cloud video platform. With Elevate, TDS cable video customers will continue to get an immersive experience and easy access to OTT services, including Netflix and YouTube.
News categories: Espial, TDS, Matt James, Julie Maiers, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Espial Elevate SaaS video platform works with Amazon Web Services
Sep 13, 2018 – Espial has announced that its Elevate Cloud IPTV Platform is available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) and ready for deployment with AWS Elemental services for cloud-based video processing and delivery. Working with AWS allows Espial to offer its customers a TV-as-a-Service solution on the cloud at scale.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Worldwide
Espial introduces fully managed Android TVaaS solution
Sep 10, 2018 – Espial has announced a managed TV-as-a-Service (TVaaS) solution for Android TV, including support for Android TV Operator Tier set-top boxes and Android TV retail devices. The solution is powered by the Elevate Cloud IPTV Platform.
News categories: Espial, Michael McCluskey, Android TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBC, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV
- Redbox selects You.i TV to develop React Native app on Roku
- MainStreaming secures $6 million funding
- Survey reveals increasing use of multiple TV sources by viewers in Europe
- SK Telecom to offer world's first live TV sports broadcast over 5G
- Four media measurement bodies form global alliance
- Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
- FreeWheel announces programmatic OTT offering for local TV buyers
- Cyfrowy Polsat contract pay TV subscribers down 22,000 in 1Q 2019
- Digital Alert Systems and Kaltura bring EAS Alerts to Cloud TV services
- Telestream and NPAW integrate video monitoring and analytics platforms
- Cross channel ad management and tracking help drive video ad tech market