Digital TV News: Etex
Stoneroos updates STB app for DELTA Fiber Nederland
Mar 26, 2019 – DELTA Fiber Netherlands, operating under the brands DELTA and Caiway, has updated its set-top box application from Stoneroos in order to allow multicast IP streaming and to integrate the Metrological App Store.
News categories: Stoneroos, DELTA Fiber, Metrological, Amino, Digital TV, IPTV, Netherlands, Set Top Box, UX
1&1 launches multiscreen IPTV in Germany with ABOX42
Jan 8, 2018 – ABOX42 has announced that 1&1, a tier 1 internet and telephone service provider in Germany, has launched a multiscreen IPTV service powered by ABOX42’s M30-Series smart STB platform.
News categories: ABOX42, 1&1, Matthias Greve, Digital TV, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, Set Top Box
Amazon Channels launches in the UK and Germany
May 23, 2017 – Amazon has announced the launch of Amazon Channels in the UK and Germany. Amazon Channels allows Prime members to add channel subscriptions for a low monthly subscription fee, available individually without the need to sign up for a bundle or enter a lengthy contract.
News categories: Amazon, Alex Green, Digital TV, Germany, OTT, UK
Vestel and Opera TV partner for HbbTV 2.0 TVs
May 3, 2016 – Opera TV and Vestel have announced that Opera TV software will be incorporated in the new line of Vestel televisions, to provide customers with Ultra HD content and interactive experiences using the latest HbbTV specification, HbbTV 2.0.
News categories: Opera TV, Vestel, Aneesh Rajaram, Hakan Kutlu, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, Smart TV
Sofia Digital provides HbbTV solution to Malaysia's RTM
Mar 11, 2016 – Sofia Digital has announced that, with Malaysian company NU-SECURE NET-360, it has been awarded a contract to provide an HbbTV solution for Radio Televisyen Malaysia (RTM), in preparation for Malaysia's DVB-T2 DTT launch.
News categories: Sofia Digital, Radio Televisyen Malaysia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, HbbTV, Malaysia, Terrestrial
Futarque releases MStar-based Android STB dev kit
Sep 17, 2015 – Futarque has announced the release of their DVB-T2 based Android STB development kit. The kit is available as small complete STB motherboard that can be purchased directly in large volume and used as the heart of an STB development.
News categories: Futarque, MStar, Jesper Kaagaard, Trevor Neal, Digital TV, IBC2019, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
GS Group announces new SiP-based HD set-top box
Sep 3, 2015 – GS Group has released an HDTV compliant set-top box under the General Satellite brand – GS B212 - for the Russian market. At the heart of the GS B212 is a multichip microprocessor – the GS Nanotech SiP Amber S2.
News categories: GS Group, Tricolor TV, Andrew Bezrukov, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Swisscom TV 2.0 brings HbbTV to SRG SSR channels
Apr 14, 2015 – Swisscom has announced that it has activated the multimedia successor to teletext. HbbTV will be available with HD programmes shown on SRG, allowing viewers to access interactive content through their internet connection.
News categories: Swisscom, Marc Werner, Digital TV, HbbTV, IPTV, Switzerland
Turkey's TRT launches HbbTV services with Sofia Digital
Apr 7, 2015 – The Turkish Radio and Television Corporation (TRT) has started hybrid TV services on their HD channels utilizing HbbTV technology by Sofia Digital. The 'TRT ARTI' services are available via TRT’s HDTV channels broadcast via Turksat.
News categories: Sofia Digital, TRT, YolDigital, Ruhi Tas, Mehmet Can Hakli, Digital TV, HbbTV, Satellite, Turkey
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent
- Salzburg AG launches 'TV Plus' IPTV with Ocilion
- Successful launch of EUTELSAT 5 West B
- Immersive Digital Experiences Alliance releases 1st set of specifications
- Orange France launches Livebox 5 gateway