Digital TV News: Etisalat
Gracenote's Global Video Data powers Etisalat’s E-Vision UX
Mar 10, 2019 – Gracenote (NYSE: NLSN) has announced that Etisalat's E-Vision is using Gracenote's Global Video Data to deliver viewer experiences for IPTV, OTT and VOD, across TV and mobile applications, for close to one million viewers.
News categories: Gracenote, Etisalat, Geet Lulla, Humaid Sahoo Alsuwaidi, Big Data, Digital TV, IPTV, UAE, UX
Smart Home and Home Network management to drive residential vCPE deployments
Nov 6, 2018 – According to ABI Research, providing advanced CPE, managing home networks efficiently, and fast service deployments are becoming essential for pay-TV and broadband operators to stand out in an increasingly competitive market.
News categories: ABI Research, Khin Sandi Lynn, CPE, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
E-Vision enters exclusive 5-year deal with STARZ PLAY
Jan 28, 2018 – E-Vision, a subsidiary of Etisalat, and STARZ PLAY have announced a five-year content deal with Etisalat. The partnership will enable Etisalat UAE customers to enjoy STARZ PLAY exclusively across its IPTV and mobile services.
News categories: E-Vision, STARZ PLAY, Etisalat, Humaid Sahoo, Maaz Sheikh, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, UAE
MENA OTT revenues to quadruple
Jul 17, 2017 – Middle East & North Africa OTT TV episodes and movies will generate revenues of $1.75 billion by 2022; more than quadruple the $428 million recorded in 2016. SVOD’s dominance of the sector will grow, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Digital TV, Market Research, Middle-East, OTT
Pay TV spending spree in Middle East and North Africa
Apr 11, 2017 – The pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa saw record growth in 2016 despite harsh economic conditions, according to IHS Markit. Pay TV households topped the five million mark for the first time in the region’s history.
News categories: IHS Markit, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Middle-East, Satellite, Subscribers
Etisalat to deploy Ericsson Unified Delivery Network across the Middle East
Mar 2, 2017 – Ericsson has signed an agreement with Etisalat to deploy its Unified Delivery Network (UDN) across the Middle East. UDN is a global content distribution network (G-CDN) ecosystem for the delivery of OTT services and video content.
News categories: Ericsson, Etisalat, Petter Järtby, Hatem Bamatraf, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middle-East, MWC19, OTT
SoftAtHome provides software for Mobistar unbundled cable
Apr 25, 2016 – SoftAtHome has announced the delivery of its latest software release, enabling the launch of Mobistar’s new TV offering over unbundled cable in Belgium. The service makes Mobistar one of the first true Cable Virtual Network Operators in the world.
News categories: SoftAtHome, Mobistar, Michel Degland, Jean-Marc Harion, Belgium, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Video Exchange
Etisalat to launch MEA's first 4K Ultra HD TV service with Huawei
Dec 29, 2015 – Huawei has announced that it has partnered with Etisalat to introduce the first 4K Ultra HD TV service in the Middle East and Africa (MEA), which will be available to Etisalat’s eLife customers in the UAE starting first quarter of 2016.
News categories: Huawei, Etisalat, Peng Xiongji, Rashed Al Abbar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, UAE
Pay TV growing fastest in the MENA region
Apr 26, 2015 – According to IHS (NYSE: IHS), 2014 was another year of substantial growth for the pay TV market in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region, with pay TV revenues jumping from €702 million in 2013 to €873 million in 2014.
News categories: IHS Inc, Constantinos Papavassilopoulos, Algeria, Bahrain, Digital TV, Egypt, IPTV, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Market Research, Middle-East, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Satellite, Saudi Arabia, Subscribers, Tunisia, UAE
- Synamedia and Triveni Digital partner for ATSC 3.0 video delivery
- Rohde & Schwarz supports 5G Broadcast trial in Brazil
- EU imposes interim measures on Broadcom in TV chipset market
- Globecast provides media operations for Orby TV
- Switch Media unveils fast-to-market OTT platform
- Allegro DVT acquires Amphion Semiconductor
- Australian SVOD poised to break billion-dollar AU$ barrier
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- Amobee launches fraud-free guarantee for Connected TV inventory
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ