Digital TV News: Eutelsat
beIN MEDIA announces satellite migration to Eutelsat
Dec 18, 2018 – beIN MEDIA GROUP has announced that it is migrating its transponder capacity from Nilesat over to Eutelsat 8°W. After December 31, subscribers will need to ensure that their set top boxes are reconfigured to avoid any interruptions.
News categories: beIN MEDIA, Eutelsat, Digital TV, Middle-East, Satellite, Set Top Box
NHK partners with Eutelsat to launch world’s first 8K channel
Dec 3, 2018 – NHK has partnered with Eutelsat (NYSE: ETL) to launch the world’s first 8K network: BS8K. A live broadcast took place on December 2nd from the Vatican where images were transmitted to Tokyo via EUTELSAT 12 West B with an uplink provided by M-three Satcom.
News categories: Eutelsat, NHK, M-three Satcom, Gerry O’Sullivan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Japan, Satellite
Eutelsat satellite market leader in Nigeria, Cameroon and Ivory Coast
Nov 13, 2018 – A study of TV reception in Nigeria, Cameroon and Ivory Coast, has positioned Eutelsat as satellite market leader within those countries. Interviews were conducted with 3,000 households in Nigeria, 2,000 in Cameroon and 2,000 in Ivory Coast.
News categories: Eutelsat, Nicolas Baravalle, Cameroon, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Market Research, Nigeria, Satellite
V-Nova secures investment from Novator Partners
Oct 18, 2018 – V-Nova has announced that it has secured a multi-million pound investment to drive further growth across the business. The firm will expand its R&D teams and its commercial functions to accelerate its market penetration.
News categories: V-Nova, Novator Partners, Guido Meardi, Thor Björgólfsson, Content Distribution, Digital TV, UK, Venture Capital, Worldwide
Orange Slovensko extends TV offer to satellite with Eutelsat
Sep 14, 2018 – Orange Slovensko has signed a contract with Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) expanding its pay-TV offer via satellite and enabling a nationwide reach across Slovakia. Orange will broadcast from EUTELSAT 16A to reach households not covered by its FTTH network.
News categories: Eutelsat, Orange, Michel Azibert, Pavol Lančarič, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShow, Satellite, Slovakia
CenturyLink selected as CDN provider for Eutelsat CIRRUS
Sep 13, 2018 – CenturyLink (NYSE: CTL) has announced that it will serve as the technological content delivery network (CDN) provider for the satellite operator Eutelsat’s recently launched Eutelsat CIRRUS solution, which delivers hybrid satellite/OTT content.
News categories: CenturyLink, Eutelsat, François Collobert, Bruno Cattan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShow, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
Irdeto Selected as CA partner for Eutelsat's CIRRUS
Sep 7, 2018 – Irdeto has announced that it has been selected by Eutelsat as a security partner for its Eutelsat CIRRUS hybrid platform. The service allows Eutelsat customers to offer Direct-to-Home (DTH) services combined with OTT services across multiple screens.
News categories: Irdeto, Eutelsat, Bengt Jonsson, Bruno Cattan, Conditional Access, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
NAGRA's OpenTV Signature Edition to power Eutelsat CIRRUS
Sep 7, 2018 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that Eutelsat has selected the OpenTV Signature Edition user experience to power Eutelsat CIRRUS, Eutelsat’s new video service for satellite and OTT. NAGRA customised its OTT platform to meet the needs of the offering.
News categories: NAGRA, Eutelsat, Holger Ippach, Bruno Cattan, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShow, OTT, Satellite, UX, Worldwide
Eutelsat launches turnkey satellite-OTT delivery solution
Sep 6, 2018 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) is launching Eutelsat CIRRUS, a turnkey content delivery solution via satellite and OTT for operators seeking to launch or upgrade their service, offering the benefits of rapidly deployed video services, low operational costs, high image quality and consistent end-user experience.
News categories: Eutelsat, Gerry O’Sullivan, Rodolphe Belmer, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IBCShow, OTT, Satellite, Worldwide
- Beeline chooses Broadpeak CDNs for TV Everywhere service
- AT&T launches standards-based mobile 5G network and hotspot device
- Inter Mountain Cable partners with Espial for TV services
- Discovery partners with SpotX for TVE advertising over the holidays
- Brightcove releases research on consumer video streaming preferences
- ATEME enable ATSC 3.0 field research at NAB/CTA test site in Cleveland
- Comscore extends relationship with Scripps to full TV station group deal
- Innovation drives Korea to become a Top 10 video market
- beIN MEDIA announces satellite migration to Eutelsat
- Kbro chooses Alticast middleware to power upgrade to Android TV
- Euskaltel offers telecom services in Catalonia through the RACC
- Sling TV first vMVPD on Oculus Go VR headset
- Alphonso launches local TV ad analytics and attribution
- Synamedia solution helps combat rapid rise in OTT account sharing
- 3SS launches 3READY Assistant to augment its Android TV launcher
- EIB supports expansion of DTT broadcasting network in Romania
- Appetite for streaming in the Nordics continues to grow
- Demand for Netflix Originals set to overtake licensed titles in the U.S.
- Androidmov Technology unveils IPTV UX software
- Updated specifications for digital distribution of film and TV released