Digital TV News: Evoke
BT to protect broadcasters using BISS-CA encryption from ATEME
Jan 9, 2020 – BT is stepping up its efforts to combat the illegal piracy of premium content through a partnership with ATEME. The company is using the ATEME’s encryption techniques to protect satellite uplinked content to help reduce the number of illegal streams.
News categories: ATEME, BT, Julien Mandel, Dominik Wrona, Conditional Access, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
Friend MTS watermarking integrated with Oregan's Android TV Operator Tier solution
Apr 5, 2019 – Friend MTS has announced that it has brought premium content security to Android TV by integrating its ASiD subscriber-level watermarking with Oregan Networks’ Android TV Operator Tier solution.
News categories: Friend MTS, Oregan Networks, Simon Hanna, Mark Perry, Android TV, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Watermarking, Worldwide
Cifra chooses StarForce C++ Obfuscator to protect CAS and DRM libraries
May 14, 2018 – Cifra, a developer of solutions in digital TV and conditional access for content and multimedia services, has chosen StarForce C++ Obfuscator to protect the code in its CAS and DRM libraries. The product prevents cracking the program by adding unauthorized changes.
News categories: StarForce, Cifra, Natalia Yashenkova, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DRM, Russia
EBU publishes royalty-free CA standard for live content streams
Apr 6, 2018 – The EBU has published a new protocol, developed in close collaboration with network equipment vendors ATEME and NEVION, which makes it a lot easier for media rights holders to grant clients access to live video content.
News categories: European Broadcasting Union, Adi Kouadio, Dr Hans Hoffmann, Oscar Teran, Conditional Access, Digital TV, IBC2019, NABShow, OTT, Worldwide
Sri Lanka Telecom to launch OTT entertainment platform
Apr 21, 2016 – Sri Lanka Telecom (SLT) has announced that the company is to offer an OTT entertainment streaming service. SLT has partnered with Hungama Digital Media Entertainment and Evoke International for the launch.
News categories: Sri Lanka Telecom, Hungama, Evoke, Dileepa Wijesundera, Siddharth Roy, Lahiru Wickramasinghe, Digital TV, OTT, Sri Lanka
Thomson's NexGuard Watermarking and Conax Chipset Pairing into Its Leading Digital Television Reference Designs to Offer Turnkey Solution in the Growing Threat of Illegal Content Theft and Redistribution
Oct 22, 2008 – Digialist has announced that it has integrated the NexGuard™ forensic watermarking technology from Thomson (Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS), and Conax Chipset Pairing into its low-cost MPEG-2 set-top-box reference design.
News categories: Digialist, Thomson, Conax, Content Protection, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Watermarking
Oregan Highlights Integrated Multimedia Search as Key Feature of Oregan Media Browser 4.0 for Living Room AV Consumer Electronics
Feb 22, 2008 – With the new version of its software, Oregan introduces the concept of integrated media search via its 'intelligent' cross-platform TV browser, which extends the notion of browsing beyond the traditional information-centric and Internet-based search.
News categories: Oregan Networks, Broadband, CES2020, Digital TV, Gateway, Media Player, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart Home
High-Definition DVD Hardware Modifications Are Necessary to Implement New Security Technology
Sep 27, 2007 – New watermarking techniques are being implemented that may require enhancements to high-definition DVD hardware platforms. ABI Research sees a high likelihood for the incorporation of these changes, among others.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Protection, Digital TV, DVD, HD-DVD, Market Research, Semiconductor, Watermarking
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV
- Vianeos provides revamped UX for Batelco TV in Bahrain
- VUALTO partners with ATEME for automated encoder integration
- STV selects Arqiva Hybrid TV Service for HD restart feature