Digital TV News: FLO TV
FLO TV to cover the whole U.S.
Jun 10, 2009 – FLO TV (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced that the FLO TV™ service will expand its service nationwide following the DTV transition on June 12, which frees up broadband spectrum for FLO TV's dedicated network.
News categories: FLO TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, USA
FLO TV planning iPhone accessory
Apr 9, 2009 – FLO TV (Nasdaq: QCOM) has said that it is planning to offer its mobile TV service as an add-on accessory for devices such as Apple's iPhone and for other smartphones platforms such as Windows Mobile.
News categories: FLO TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, Tablet, USA
FLO TV Expands Mobile TV Coverage To 10 Million Consumers
Apr 1, 2009 – FLO TV (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced the expansion of its service in 19 markets around the country. The expansion extends FLO TV's coverage for more than 10 million potential new viewers ahead of the June 12 final date for the DTV transition.
News categories: FLO TV, Mobile, Smart TV, USA
MediaFLO USA Set to Expand FLO TV in More Than 100 Markets in 2009
Jan 8, 2009 – MediaFLO USA (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced plans to make the award-winning FLO TV™ experience available to more than 200 million consumers across more than 100 markets in 2009.
News categories: MediaFLO, FLO TV, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, USA
Audiovox To Make In-Vehicle Mobile TV a Reality With FLO TV™
Jan 7, 2009 – Audiovox has announced that it has selected the FLO TV (Nasdaq: QCOM) service to deliver live TV with a variety of news, sports, entertainment and kids programming to the automotive industry.
News categories: Audiovox, MediaFLO USA, CES2021, Digital TV, In-Car, Mobile, Smart TV, USA
AT&T Mobile TV Premieres Sunday, May 4
May 1, 2008 – AT&T (NYSE:T) and MediaFLO USA, a wholly owned subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated (Nasdaq: QCOM), have announced the May 4 availability of the AT&T Mobile TV with FLO™ service.
News categories: AT&T, Qualcomm, Digital TV, Mobile, Smart TV, USA
Qualcomm Wins Licenses to Double Its Spectrum in 28 Key East and West Coast Markets to Expand FLO TV Service
Apr 3, 2008 – Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced that it has acquired eight licenses in the FCC's 700 MHz spectrum auction. These licenses double Qualcomm's 700 MHz spectrum holdings for MediaFLO USA's award-winning FLO TV™ service.
News categories: Qualcomm, FLO TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, Regulation, Smart TV, USA
- Google's share of global digital media revenues declined in Q2
- First Media launches Android TV STB with Widevine CAS in Indonesia
- EBOX deploys Technicolor Android TV set-tops in Québec
- Conviva releases Q3 2020 State of Streaming report
- Realtek selects Allegro DVT H.266/VVC compliance streams
- Russian SVOD consumer spend to increase 1,000% by 2024
- A1 selects XroadMedia for content discovery and recommendations
- Skyworth and 3SS create Netflix-ready Android TV platform
- CANAL+ extends satellite agreements with SES for Europe and Africa
- European Connected TV Initiative to explore advertising opportunities
- Accessible TV Guide rolls out on Freeview Play
- Spain’s AgileTV migrates to Verimatrix Secure Cloud
- Promwad offers videoconferencing and 'watch party' solution for TV
- Phoenix Model Market gets ATSC 3.0 Single Frequency Network
- Magenta Telekom deploys Whip Media Content Value Management platform
- Pay-TV revenue in Philippines to grow at 4.0% CAGR over next five years
- Israel’s RGE chooses Kaltura to power Kids Cloud TV service
- Over 40% of video consumption hours now on mobile for U.S. Gen Z
- T-Mobile USA launches TV bundles and Android TV STB
- TenTime uses NexPlayer to launch Arabic SVOD service