Digital TV News: FOXTEL
Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
Oct 22, 2020 – TiVo (Nasdaq: XPER) has announced that Foxtel has chosen TiVo to provide natural language, voice-based search for its subscribers in Australia. The solution usess machine-learning to refine the experience.
News categories: TiVo, Foxtel, Michael Hawkey, Nick Dandy, Australia, Cable TV, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart Home, UX
OzTAM adds co-viewing to BVOD reporting
Sep 10, 2020 – OzTAM has introduced CTV co-viewing data to its VPM Report. The enhancement evolves the VPM service from a 1:1 people-to-device measure for BVOD to reflect that people often watch BVOD content together on a CTV.
News categories: OzTAM, Doug Peiffer, Advertising, Australia, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Subscription home entertainment soars in Australia
Aug 17, 2020 – The COVID-19 pandemic has boosted home entertainment subscription services in Australia according to Telsyte. Australians added 5.6 million new subscriptions to the end of June 2020, an increase of 18% from a year ago.
News categories: Telsyte, Foad Fadaghi, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
Subscription TV soars during Australian lockdown
Jul 21, 2020 – New data from Roy Morgan reveals that Australians added new subscription TV services at an astonishing rate during the lockdown period, with subscriptions up 878,000, or +5.9%, in only three months.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
Jul 10, 2020 – Pay-TV service revenue in Australia is set to decline at a CAGR of 3.2% from $2.6bn in 2019 to $2.2bn in 2024 due to declining cable and DTH TV subscriptions and falling pay-TV ARPU, according to GlobalData.
News categories: GlobalData, Deepa Dhingra, Australia, Cable TV, COVID-19, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite
Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
May 22, 2020 – Data from Roy Morgan shows Disney+ continuing its stellar growth with over 2 million Australians now viewing the subscription TV service after only four months. It took Netflix six months from launch to attract the same number.
News categories: Roy Morgan, Michele Levine, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT
Foxtel deploys Harmonic video processing for Ultra HD
Mar 11, 2020 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Foxtel has deployed Harmonic's live video processor to increase efficiencies in its Ultra HD service offering. Foxtel can now deliver additional Ultra HD programming in the same bandwidth.
News categories: Harmonic, Foxtel, Tony Berthaud, Darren Windus, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV
First Total TV findings released by Virtual Australia (VOZ)
Feb 27, 2020 – In the first stage of a phased rollout, OzTAM, Regional TAM and Nielsen have released top line findings from the new Virtual Australia (VOZ) Total TV database, which brings together broadcast viewing on TV sets and connected devices.
News categories: Virtual Australia, Doug Peiffer, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
$1.95 billion in advertising revenue for Australian TV in 1H FY2020
Feb 5, 2020 – ThinkTV has announced total TV advertising revenue figures for Australia for the 12 and six months to December 31, 2019. For the first half of FY2020, the market recorded combined revenue of $1.95 billion, down 5.9% compared to the same period the year prior.
News categories: ThinkTV, Kim Portrate, Advertising, Australia, Digital TV, Market Research
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5