Digital TV News: Fashion One
MEASAT, NovelSat and V-Nova show next generation UHD compression
Jun 25, 2018 – MEASAT has announced a showcase in collaboration with NovelSat and V-Nova to demonstrate cutting-edge compression for Ultra High Definition (UHD) primary distribution over satellite.
News categories: MEASAT, NovelSat, V-Nova, Raj Malik, Ronen Sadan, Guido Meardi, ConnecTechAsia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Worldwide
30 pay TV providers testing 4K with SES in the US
Jul 24, 2017 – With an additional nine TV operators joining SES’s Ultra HD trials, a total of 30 US Pay TV providers, with a combined audience of more than 10 million subscribers, are now testing SES’s 4K content delivery platform across their distribution networks.
News categories: SES S.A, Steve Corda, Jonathan Bullock, Michael Agostinelli, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, USA
Cable’s first live PPV sports event in Ultra HD delivered by iN DEMAND with SES
Jun 29, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced the successful delivery of iN DEMAND and cable’s first 4K live Pay-Per-View (PPV) sports event broadcast, Bellator NYC: Sonnen vs Silva Mixed Martial Arts, over the SES Ultra HD distribution platform.
News categories: SES, iN DEMAND, Steve Corda, John Schultz, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, USA
U.S. MVPDs launch first linear consumer Ultra HD services with SES
Apr 24, 2017 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG) has announced that two MVPDs in the US have launched the first commercial linear Ultra HD services to cable and IPTV subscriber homes using SES’s satellite-delivered, pre-packaged, Ultra HD solution.
News categories: SES S.A, Vivicast, Highlands Cable, Marquette-Adams, Steve Corda, Stuart Smitherman, Nin Bond, Jerry Schneider, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Satellite, USA
US cable operators conducting UHD trials with SES
Jul 27, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that multiple US cable operators are testing Ultra HD (or 4K) content across its fully-managed Ultra HD platform and receiving HEVC 4K IP set top boxes in preparation for Ultra HD subscriber trials into US households later this year.
News categories: SES S.A, Sjoberg, MTC Cable, Steve Corda, Richard Sjoberg, Glen Faulkner, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
SES now broadcasting eight commercial Ultra HD channels
Feb 26, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has reported results for the year ended 31 December 2015. SES' technical reach in prime video neighbourhoods contributed to an 11.3% increase in total TV channels broadcast over SES satellites to 7,268 channels.
News categories: SES S.A, Africa, Content Distribution, Europe, Latin America, North America, Results, Satellite
Fashion One launches world’s first global Ultra HD channel with SES
Sep 2, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) and Fashion One Television have launched the world's first global Ultra HD channel, Fashion One 4K. SES is delivering the free-to-air channel across North America, South America and Europe via its satellites.
News categories: SES S.A, Fashion One, Ferdinand Kayser, Gleb Livshits, Europe, Latin America, North America, Satellite
ZALA starts testing of the first 3D channel in Belarus
Jun 1, 2011 – On June 1st Beltelecom's interactive television service ZALA began test broadcasting of a 3D channel, available to customers subscribing to its HD package. It is the first 3D offering in Belarus.
News categories: Beltelecom, ZALA, Belarus, IPTV, VR
- Synamedia launches addressable advertising solution
- Liberty Global to acquire Sunrise Communications by tender offer
- FOX News launches international D2C streaming service
- Ten carriers in Germany and Austria choose Ocilion for IPTV
- BluTV DTH launches in Brazil on EUTELSAT 65 West A
- Viya TV+ launches in the US Virgin Islands with Mirada
- OTT TV and video revenues at $83 billion in 2019
- 41.4% of TVs in Latin America are Smart
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 51,000 in 2Q 2020
- Pirate subscription TV services now a billion-dollar U.S. industry
- PAOK FC OTT platform built with Insys Sport on AWS
- SLING TV in-app guide integrates local OTA channels on LG Smart TVs
- Conviva releases State of Streaming Q2 report
- Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
- Survata announces enhanced CTV measurement suite
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- ViacomCBS to launch connected video ad platform