Digital TV News: Feng Ye
Arteris IP interconnect used by NationalChip for STB SoCs
Feb 5, 2019 – Arteris IP has announced that NationalChip has successfully produced satellite and terrestrial digital TV set top box (STB) systems-on-chip (SoC) using Arteris FlexNoC interconnect IP as the on-chip communication backbone.
News categories: Arteris IP, NationalChip, K. Charles Janac, Feng Ye, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
RCN rolls out TiVo experience with voice remote control
Jul 31, 2018 – RCN has announced the availability of its new TiVo interface. Customers can now enjoy enhanced capabilities including a voice command remote control, viewing recommendations and fast content navigation, among other innovative features.
News categories: RCN, TiVo, Chris Fenger, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
HTC Vive announces open VR platform and standalone headset
Nov 14, 2017 – HTC has announced VIVE WAVE, a VR open platform and toolset that will open up the path to easy mobile VR content development. HTC has also unveiled VIVE FOCUS, a standalone VR headset for the China market that is also based on the Vive Wave VR open platform.
News categories: HTC Vive, Qualcomm, Alvin Wang Graylin, Hugo Swart, China, Semiconductor, VR
KTC integrates SERAPHIC browser in smart TVs for Europe
Jul 17, 2017 – KTC has announced the integration of SERAPHIC’s TV browser into its Linux powered smart TVs targeting European markets. With SERAPHIC’s TV browser, viewers have an easy and immediate access to thousands of global TV apps.
News categories: SERAPHIC, KTC, Ye Wang, Feng Hu, Digital TV, Europe, HTML5, Semiconductor, Smart TV
iQIYI picks Irdeto DRM and watermarking for ChinaDRM-protected OTT
Mar 24, 2017 – Irdeto has announced that iQIYI has selected Irdeto Rights for ChinaDRM to protect premium content delivery on its OTT streaming platform. iQIYI will also deploy Irdeto Tracemark forensic watermarking.
News categories: Irdeto, iQIYI, ChinaDRM Forum, Doug Lowther, Liu Wenfeng, Ding Wenhua, Apps, CCBN, China, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
China VR market set for 4-fold expansion in 2017
Jan 24, 2017 – China's VR industry is expected to expand more than 4-fold in 2017 as more major players enter the industry and new and exciting content drives growth, IDC forecasts.
News categories: IDC, China, Market Research, VR
Hisense adopts SERAPHIC Sraf HTML5 browser for YouTube TV
Jan 23, 2017 – Hisense has announced the worldwide launch of YouTube TV certified smart TVs based on a solution provided by SERAPHIC. SERAPHIC’s Sraf HTML5 Browser meets all of the performance and memory usage requirements for YouTube TV certification.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Hisense, Ye Wang, Xiaofeng Lin, Digital TV, HTML5, OTT, Worldwide
Hisense selects SERAPHIC for VIDDA Smart TVs
Aug 29, 2016 – Hisense has chosen SERAPHIC’s Sraf HTML5 Browser to support its web-based VIDDA smart TV platform. The VIDDA platform, launched in 2014, was born out of an initiative to create a 'lean-back' smart TV experience, enabling users to reach content from various sources in a simple way.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Hisense, Ye Wang, Xiaofeng Lin, China, Digital TV, HTML5, IFA, Smart TV, Worldwide
RCN launches Hulu as a channel
May 19, 2016 – RCN has announced a partnership with Hulu to enable its customers to watch Hulu programming as a channel through the same set-top box used to watch Live TV. Previously, RCN was the first cable provider to integrate Netflix into the channel lineup.
News categories: RCN, Hulu, Chris Fenger, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient