Digital TV News: Ferdinand Kayser
SES to carry more HDTV channels for M7
Nov 29, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that the satellite television provider M7 Group has contracted additional capacity and extended an existing capacity contract on SES’s ASTRA 3B satellite positioned at 23.5°E.
News categories: SES S.A, M7 Group, Ferdinand Kayser, Hans Troelstra, Content Distribution, Czech Republic, Digital TV, Satellite, Slovakia
Fashion One launches world’s first global Ultra HD channel with SES
Sep 2, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) and Fashion One Television have launched the world's first global Ultra HD channel, Fashion One 4K. SES is delivering the free-to-air channel across North America, South America and Europe via its satellites.
News categories: SES S.A, Fashion One, Ferdinand Kayser, Gleb Livshits, Europe, Latin America, North America, Satellite
Sky Deutschland adds satellite capacity for Ultra HD
Jul 16, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that Sky Deutschland has secured additional capacity for Ultra HD broadcasts on ASTRA at 19.2 degrees East. Ultra HD delivers four times the resolution of today's HD TV.
News categories: SES S.A, Sky Deutschland, Ferdinand Kayser, Holger Ensslin, Austria, Content Distribution, Germany, Satellite
SES and CANAL+ test Champions League in Ultra HD on ASTRA
Jun 4, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that CANAL+ Group will test-broadcast the Final of the Champions League match FC Barcelona - Juventus produced by UEFA in Ultra High Definition on ASTRA on Saturday, June 6th.
News categories: SES S.A, CANAL+ Group, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Europe, Satellite
StarTimes takes more satellite capacity for Africa on SES-5
Jun 2, 2015 – SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) has announced that StarTimes has extended its partnership with SES on the SES-5 satellite. StarTimes has contracted additional capacity to provide an enhanced TV viewing experience for its subscribers in Africa.
News categories: SES S.A, StarTimes, Ferdinand Kayser, Pang Xinxing, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite
Europe's first FTA Ultra HD channel to launch on Astra at 19.2°E
May 20, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it will be broadcasting Europe's first free-to-air Ultra HD channel via Astra 19.2 degrees East. The German shopping channel, pearl.tv, will be produced and broadcast in native Ultra HD as of September 2015.
News categories: SES S.A, Enstyle, Ferdinand Kayser, Michael Sichler, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Satellite
SES reach grows to 312 million TV homes
Mar 17, 2015 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has increased its reach in 2014 to 312 million TV homes worldwide and thus reaches 1.1 billion people worldwide with its services.
News categories: SES S.A, Ferdinand Kayser, Africa, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, North America, Satellite
SES launches digital TV platform for West Africa
Jul 23, 2014 – SES (Paris; LuxX:SESG), in cooperation with service provider Computer Warehouse Group (NSE: CWG), has announced the launch of a new digital TV platform for West Africa on SES’s ASTRA 2F satellite at 28.2 degrees East.
News categories: SES S.A, Computer Warehouse Group, Austin Okere, Ferdinand Kayser, Africa, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Nigeria, Satellite
SES reaches 291 million TV homes worldwide
Mar 18, 2014 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that it has increased its reach in 2013 worldwide to 291 million and in Europe to 151 million TV homes. This represents an increase of 5%, both worldwide and in Europe, compared to the previous year.
News categories: SES S.A, Ferdinand Kayser, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
- TV sets still dominate video entertainment consumption
- MENA SVOD revenues to triple
- Tulix creates streaming platform for launch of Vidgo content
- 605 earns SOC 3 security certification
- Ampersand launches platform for audience-based TV advertising
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 149,000 in 4Q 2019
- 'Swisscom TV X' combines Netflix and TV content
- Netflix releases fourth-quarter 2019 results
- U.S. weekly time watching Netflix and Hulu up 20 minutes in 2019
- Allegro DVT unveils VVC compliance test bitstreams
- Synamedia partners with USSI Global for the U.S. market
- Disney+ brings forward EMEA launch date
- NürnbergMesse acquires SCaT India Tradeshow
- BARB begins reporting reach and time spent viewing across screens
- Synamedia partners with World Wide Technology
- Roku TV launches in Brazil in partnership with AOC
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- ENENSYS DVB-SIS solution ready for deployment
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues