Digital TV News: Forthnet
Forthnet releases 2018 results
Apr 25, 2019 – Forthnet has announced results for the year ended December 31, 2018. Pay TV subscribers, combining retail and wholesale in Greece and Cyprus, remained steady at 478,000. Collection of viewership data from set top boxes has started via a platform from AdScribe.
News categories: Forthnet, AdScribe, Big Data, Cyprus, Digital TV, Greece, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Forthnet deploys Zenterio OS across legacy and next-generation STBs
Sep 12, 2017 – Zenterio has announced that Forthnet has deployed Zenterio OS on STBs for its satellite pay-TV offering. Thanks to the flexible, modular design of Zenterio OS, Forthnet successfully added new services to its legacy boxes, while retaining the look and feel of the existing UI.
News categories: Zenterio, Forthnet, Jörgen Nilsson, Constantinos Moraitis, Digital TV, Greece, IBC2019, Middleware, Satellite, Set Top Box, UX
Greece's Nova chooses Harmonic headend for DTH
Mar 3, 2015 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that Forthnet, the company that owns Nova, the largest pay-TV satellite platform in Greece, has chosen a high-end compression headend with video analytics from Harmonic to support its direct-to-home (DTH) SD/HD service.
News categories: Harmonic, Nova, Forthnet, Ian Graham, Constantinos Moraitis, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
Nova Greece exceeds 500,000 pay TV subscribers
Sep 25, 2014 – Greek pay TV provider Nova, part of the Forthnet S.A. group, has announced that it now has more than 500,000 subscribers. Nova started its service by satellite on December 20, 1999.
News categories: Forthnet, Digital TV, Greece, OTT, Satellite, Subscribers
Forthnet selects Irdeto to secure DTH offering
Aug 20, 2014 – Irdeto and Nova, the satellite pay TV platform of Forthnet, a leader in the pay TV market in Greece and Cyprus, have announced that they have worked together on the transition to a fully-secured direct-to-home (DTH) base.
News categories: Irdeto, Forthnet, Constantinos Moraitis, Richard Scott, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite
Forthnet working on two new Nova set-top boxes
Aug 8, 2014 – According to Forthnet's six months financial report the company is working on two new set-top boxes to be offered to its Nova pay TV subscribers. The aim of the project is to develop two new high-end models.
News categories: Forthnet, Digital TV, Greece, Satellite, Set Top Box
Forthnet pay TV subscribers up 29.4% Y-o-Y in 2Q 2014
Aug 8, 2014 – Greek pay TV operator, Forthnet, has released its second quarter 2014 results. The company's Nova pay TV subscriber base grew by 29.4% year-on-year, reaching 482.5k households - an all time high.
News categories: Forthnet, Greece, IPTV, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Forthnet Group Signs New Contracts With Eutelsat to Launch Triple Play Services
Aug 24, 2011 – A five-year distribution agreement enabling Forthnet Group (Athens:FORTH) to market the new-generation Tooway™ broadband service to users across Greece and Cyprus has been signed with Skylogic, a Eutelsat (Euronext Paris: ETL) affiliate.
News categories: Eutelsat, Forthnet, Broadband, Greece, Satellite
Nova selects Pace to enable its nation-wide transition to HD
Sep 2, 2010 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it has been selected as the high definition (HD) PVR delivery partner for Nova, the sole satellite pay TV platform in Greece and part of the Forthnet Group, Greece's largest privately owned telco operator.
News categories: Pace plc, Forthnet, Nova, Digital TV, DVR, Greece, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- egta survey shows continued transformation of the advertising industry
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
- DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
- Third of Netflix subscribers might switch to a cheaper, ad-supported tier