Digital TV News: François Rancy
Frequency planning process finalized for DTT transition in Central America and the Caribbean
Sep 19, 2018 – The ITU, in close collaboration with COMTELCA, CTU and CITEL, has finalized the cycle of regional frequency coordination meetings on the use of the VHF band (174-216 MHz) and the UHF band (470-806 MHz) in the Central America and Caribbean region.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, François Rancy, Caribbean, Central America, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial
ITU announces new standard for High Dynamic Range TV
Jul 5, 2016 – The ITU has announced a standard for High Dynamic Range Television. High Dynamic Range Television (HDR-TV) builds on the superior colour fidelity of ITU’s Ultra-High Definition Television (UHDTV) Recommendation BT.2020.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, François Rancy, Yukihiro Nishida, Andy Quested, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
ITU approves standards for advanced audio broadcasting technology
Oct 19, 2015 – The ITU has approved ITU-R BS.2088-0. The standard allows a single file to carry a complete audio programme containing audio samples as well as metadata for any combination of object, channel and scene-based audio.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, François Rancy, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Media Player
Africa set to deploy digital television
Sep 5, 2013 – Frequency coordination negotiations have succeeded in setting up the mechanism to deploy digital television in 47 Sub-Saharan African countries. The consolidation of national plans is in conformity with the deadlines set in 2006 at ITU RRC-06.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Africa, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial
3DTV gets a boost with new ITU-R Recommendations
May 31, 2012 – New ITU Recommendations on 3DTV are being submitted to Administrations for accelerated approval. ITU's Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R) has developed the standards - or Recommendations - in its Study Group 6.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019