Digital TV News: François Rancy
Frequency planning process finalized for DTT transition in Central America and the Caribbean
Sep 19, 2018 – The ITU, in close collaboration with COMTELCA, CTU and CITEL, has finalized the cycle of regional frequency coordination meetings on the use of the VHF band (174-216 MHz) and the UHF band (470-806 MHz) in the Central America and Caribbean region.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, François Rancy, Caribbean, Central America, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial
ITU announces new standard for High Dynamic Range TV
Jul 5, 2016 – The ITU has announced a standard for High Dynamic Range Television. High Dynamic Range Television (HDR-TV) builds on the superior colour fidelity of ITU’s Ultra-High Definition Television (UHDTV) Recommendation BT.2020.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, François Rancy, Yukihiro Nishida, Andy Quested, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
ITU approves standards for advanced audio broadcasting technology
Oct 19, 2015 – The ITU has approved ITU-R BS.2088-0. The standard allows a single file to carry a complete audio programme containing audio samples as well as metadata for any combination of object, channel and scene-based audio.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, François Rancy, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Media Player
Africa set to deploy digital television
Sep 5, 2013 – Frequency coordination negotiations have succeeded in setting up the mechanism to deploy digital television in 47 Sub-Saharan African countries. The consolidation of national plans is in conformity with the deadlines set in 2006 at ITU RRC-06.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Africa, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial
3DTV gets a boost with new ITU-R Recommendations
May 31, 2012 – New ITU Recommendations on 3DTV are being submitted to Administrations for accelerated approval. ITU's Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R) has developed the standards - or Recommendations - in its Study Group 6.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
- HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
- TV Time acquires Mediamorph
- Apple TV App and Apple TV+ coming to the Roku platform
- GTPL Hathway digital pay TV subscribers up 150,000 in 3Q 2019
- ARK Multicasting and Microsoft partner for rural broadband and cloud services
- Phoenix Model Market adding 2nd NEXTGEN TV transmission site and SFN
- Orange France Livebox 5 powered by SoftAtHome
- Viewers in Australia feel overwhelmed in streaming battleground
- IPTV subscriptions and ARPU to drive pay TV growth in Japan
- Quality of UI more important than recommendations in video service satisfaction
- Alticast and Triveni Digital to demo ATSC 3.0 app synced to a TV show at NAB NYC
- New Zealand Rugby to become 5% shareholder in Sky NZ
- Consumer spending on technology to be $1.69 trillion in 2019
- BritBox unveils partners in run up to launch
- Dish TV India launches range of 'Smart Connected Devices'
- Limited reach of Apple TV+ and Disney+ hinders services’ adoption
- Advanced TV solutions are changing local market advertising
- Tru Optik to launch free tool to support TV privacy
- Australia's Network 10 and You.i announce app partnership
- Mirriad announces in-video ad partnership with Tencent