Digital TV News: François Rancy
Frequency planning process finalized for DTT transition in Central America and the Caribbean
Sep 19, 2018 – The ITU, in close collaboration with COMTELCA, CTU and CITEL, has finalized the cycle of regional frequency coordination meetings on the use of the VHF band (174-216 MHz) and the UHF band (470-806 MHz) in the Central America and Caribbean region.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, François Rancy, Caribbean, Central America, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial
ITU announces new standard for High Dynamic Range TV
Jul 5, 2016 – The ITU has announced a standard for High Dynamic Range Television. High Dynamic Range Television (HDR-TV) builds on the superior colour fidelity of ITU’s Ultra-High Definition Television (UHDTV) Recommendation BT.2020.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, François Rancy, Yukihiro Nishida, Andy Quested, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
ITU approves standards for advanced audio broadcasting technology
Oct 19, 2015 – The ITU has approved ITU-R BS.2088-0. The standard allows a single file to carry a complete audio programme containing audio samples as well as metadata for any combination of object, channel and scene-based audio.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, François Rancy, Digital TV, Media Player, TV Services
Africa set to deploy digital television
Sep 5, 2013 – Frequency coordination negotiations have succeeded in setting up the mechanism to deploy digital television in 47 Sub-Saharan African countries. The consolidation of national plans is in conformity with the deadlines set in 2006 at ITU RRC-06.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Africa, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial
3DTV gets a boost with new ITU-R Recommendations
May 31, 2012 – New ITU Recommendations on 3DTV are being submitted to Administrations for accelerated approval. ITU's Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R) has developed the standards - or Recommendations - in its Study Group 6.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5