Digital TV News: François Rancy
Frequency planning process finalized for DTT transition in Central America and the Caribbean
Sep 19, 2018 – The ITU, in close collaboration with COMTELCA, CTU and CITEL, has finalized the cycle of regional frequency coordination meetings on the use of the VHF band (174-216 MHz) and the UHF band (470-806 MHz) in the Central America and Caribbean region.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, François Rancy, Caribbean, Central America, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial
ITU announces new standard for High Dynamic Range TV
Jul 5, 2016 – The ITU has announced a standard for High Dynamic Range Television. High Dynamic Range Television (HDR-TV) builds on the superior colour fidelity of ITU’s Ultra-High Definition Television (UHDTV) Recommendation BT.2020.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, François Rancy, Yukihiro Nishida, Andy Quested, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
ITU approves standards for advanced audio broadcasting technology
Oct 19, 2015 – The ITU has approved ITU-R BS.2088-0. The standard allows a single file to carry a complete audio programme containing audio samples as well as metadata for any combination of object, channel and scene-based audio.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Houlin Zhao, François Rancy, Broadcasting, Digital TV, Media Player
Africa set to deploy digital television
Sep 5, 2013 – Frequency coordination negotiations have succeeded in setting up the mechanism to deploy digital television in 47 Sub-Saharan African countries. The consolidation of national plans is in conformity with the deadlines set in 2006 at ITU RRC-06.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Africa, Digital TV, Regulation, Terrestrial
3DTV gets a boost with new ITU-R Recommendations
May 31, 2012 – New ITU Recommendations on 3DTV are being submitted to Administrations for accelerated approval. ITU's Radiocommunication Sector (ITU-R) has developed the standards - or Recommendations - in its Study Group 6.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem