Digital TV News: Frederic Rose
Technicolor receives offer for its Research & Innovation activity from InterDigital
Feb 11, 2019 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that it has received a binding offer and entered into exclusive negotiations with InterDigital (NASDAQ : IDCC) for the sale of its Research & Innovation activity. InterDigital acquired Technicolor's Patent Licensing business in 2018.
News categories: Technicolor, InterDigital, Frederic Rose, Big Data, MnA, Smart Home, Worldwide
Technicolor to acquire Cisco connected devices division
Jul 23, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has entered into an exclusive agreement with Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) to acquire its customer premises equipment (CPE) business for €550 million (or $600 million equivalent) in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Technicolor, Cisco Systems, Frederic Rose, John Chambers, Cable TV, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Technicolor shareholders approve capital increases proposed by Vector Capital
Jun 20, 2012 – Technicolor (Euronext: TCH) shareholders have approved the resolutions proposed by Vector Capital. The capital increases will allow Technicolor to strengthen its balance sheet and enhance its capabilities to implement its strategic roadmap.
News categories: Technicolor, Vector Capital, Gateway, Private Equity, Set Top Box
Technicolor Announces Strategic Relationships with Intel, Samsung, and VIZIO to Bring Content to Consumers across Devices
Jan 11, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has unveiled its new consumer brand, M-GO. M-GO offers access to content across all connected devices through a cloud-based experience. Technicolor also announced partnerships around M-GO with Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), Samsung (Seoul: 005930), and VIZIO.
News categories: Technicolor, Intel Corp, Samsung, Vizio, Apps, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Technicolor reaches 100 million digital set-top box milestone
Feb 4, 2010 – Technicolor (Euronext 18453; NYSE: TCH), formerly Thomson, has reached the milestone of delivering 100 million digital set-top boxes over multi networks since it entered the market in 1994.
News categories: Technicolor, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Samsung, DreamWorks and Technicolor Form Strategic Alliance for 3D Home Entertainment
Jan 6, 2010 – Samsung (Seoul: 005930), DreamWorks Animation (NASDAQ: DWA) and Technicolor (Paris: 18543, NYSE: TMS) have announced that they have formed a global strategic alliance for the delivery of a complete 3D home entertainment solution in 2010.
News categories: Samsung, DreamWorks, Technicolor, Blu-ray, CES, Smart TV, VR
Thomson Supplies STBs and Home Networking To Bouygues Telecom
Jul 27, 2009 – Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced that it is providing a range of home networking solutions to Bouygues Telecom for the roll out of its 'Bbox' gateway, launched at the end of 2008.
News categories: Thomson, Bouygues Telecom, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Thomson provides HD set-top boxes to Orange
Jul 27, 2009 – Thomson (Euronext: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has started deliveries of a new version of its hybrid terrestrial/IPTV/satellite HD set-top box to Orange (Paris & NYSE: FTE) for its television service.
News categories: Thomson, Orange, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Telekom Austria selects Alcatel-Lucent to enrich IPTV offering
May 30, 2008 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has been selected by Telekom Austria (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY), Austria's major service provider, to enrich Telekom Austria's IPTV offering.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Telekom Austria, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution
- Mirada to empower pay TV operators with Netflix integration
- DNA sells pay-DTT business to Digita
- Socionext releases 8K-capable live video encoding unit
- Speedcast, In Aria! and Telespazio announce joint service offering
- Operator 5G boosted by strong projections for 5G PCs and tablets
- Block Communications to use Comscore local TV ratings and Advanced Audiences
- 27% of US broadband households engage in some form of piracy or account sharing
- Nielsen's TV ratings platform moves to AWS
- NEC demonstrates live 8K video transmission over 5G in France
- U.S. consumer technology sales to exceed $400bn in 2019
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Cyfrowy Polsat launches OTT TV via new set-top-box
- Hotstar sets streaming world record with 25.3 million concurrent viewers
- Amino acquires 24i Media