Digital TV News: Frederic Rose
Technicolor receives offer for its Research & Innovation activity from InterDigital
Feb 11, 2019 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced that it has received a binding offer and entered into exclusive negotiations with InterDigital (NASDAQ : IDCC) for the sale of its Research & Innovation activity. InterDigital acquired Technicolor's Patent Licensing business in 2018.
News categories: Technicolor, InterDigital, Frederic Rose, Big Data, MnA, Smart Home, Worldwide
Technicolor to acquire Cisco connected devices division
Jul 23, 2015 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has entered into an exclusive agreement with Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) to acquire its customer premises equipment (CPE) business for €550 million (or $600 million equivalent) in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Technicolor, Cisco Systems, Frederic Rose, John Chambers, Cable TV, CPE, Digital TV, Gateway, IPTV, MnA, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Technicolor shareholders approve capital increases proposed by Vector Capital
Jun 20, 2012 – Technicolor (Euronext: TCH) shareholders have approved the resolutions proposed by Vector Capital. The capital increases will allow Technicolor to strengthen its balance sheet and enhance its capabilities to implement its strategic roadmap.
News categories: Technicolor, Vector Capital, Gateway, Private Equity, Set Top Box
Technicolor Announces Strategic Relationships with Intel, Samsung, and VIZIO to Bring Content to Consumers across Devices
Jan 11, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has unveiled its new consumer brand, M-GO. M-GO offers access to content across all connected devices through a cloud-based experience. Technicolor also announced partnerships around M-GO with Intel (NASDAQ: INTC), Samsung (Seoul: 005930), and VIZIO.
News categories: Technicolor, Intel Corp, Samsung, Vizio, Apps, Blu-ray, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Technicolor reaches 100 million digital set-top box milestone
Feb 4, 2010 – Technicolor (Euronext 18453; NYSE: TCH), formerly Thomson, has reached the milestone of delivering 100 million digital set-top boxes over multi networks since it entered the market in 1994.
News categories: Technicolor, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Samsung, DreamWorks and Technicolor Form Strategic Alliance for 3D Home Entertainment
Jan 6, 2010 – Samsung (Seoul: 005930), DreamWorks Animation (NASDAQ: DWA) and Technicolor (Paris: 18543, NYSE: TMS) have announced that they have formed a global strategic alliance for the delivery of a complete 3D home entertainment solution in 2010.
News categories: Samsung, DreamWorks, Technicolor, Blu-ray, CES, Smart TV, VR
Thomson Supplies STBs and Home Networking To Bouygues Telecom
Jul 27, 2009 – Thomson (Euronext Paris: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has announced that it is providing a range of home networking solutions to Bouygues Telecom for the roll out of its 'Bbox' gateway, launched at the end of 2008.
News categories: Thomson, Bouygues Telecom, Digital TV, France, Gateway, IPTV, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Thomson provides HD set-top boxes to Orange
Jul 27, 2009 – Thomson (Euronext: 18453; NYSE: TMS) has started deliveries of a new version of its hybrid terrestrial/IPTV/satellite HD set-top box to Orange (Paris & NYSE: FTE) for its television service.
News categories: Thomson, Orange, Digital TV, France, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Telekom Austria selects Alcatel-Lucent to enrich IPTV offering
May 30, 2008 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has been selected by Telekom Austria (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY), Austria's major service provider, to enrich Telekom Austria's IPTV offering.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Telekom Austria, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
- Eutelsat confirms the successful launch of EUTELSAT 7C
- Comscore and DISH Media surpass 100 DISH and Sling TV addressable ad campaigns
- TDC selects Mediamorph for its Blockbuster VOD services in the Nordics
- Three-quarters of pay TV operators to gain subs
- Block Communications renews with Nielsen for Local TV data
- Kaltura powers Dish TV India's Watcho OTT platform
- Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
- AdScribe supports Publitalia '80 HbbTV advertising in Italy
- SaT5G project demonstrates 5G over satellite use cases
- Sersat enables content delivery across Latin America via SES-14
- Comcast partners with Charter, Cox on addressable advertising
- Conversant uses Verimatrix Secure Cloud for multi-DRM security
- NCC Media and OpenAP announce advanced TV partnership
- ZTE and Orange show 5G in automotive, robotics and entertainment applications
- WarnerMedia chooses AsiaSat for HD distribution in Asia
- INNOPIA announces Vewd OS-based streaming device
- Sky Deutschland and MX1 expand collaboration
- SK Telecom, Ericsson, Nokia and Samsung partner on 5G and evolution to 6G
- Astro Malaysia adopts Broadpeak's multicast ABR technology
- Global advertising market to grow by +5% this year