Digital TV News: FreeCast
Cinedigm launching nine streaming networks on FreeCast’s SelectTV
Jun 24, 2020 – Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) has announced a partnership with North American OTT streaming company FreeCast to bring nine of Cinedigm’s popular streaming networks to FreeCast's streaming service SelectTV.
News categories: Cinedigm, FreeCast, Erick Opeka, Tracy West, Digital TV, North America, OTT
ROKiT handsets to offer video using FreeCast content aggregation
Mar 26, 2019 – FreeCast has announced a deal with mobile handset manufacturer ROKiT. ROKiT will provide its customers with access to ROK TV, a branded version of FreeCast’s SmartGuide, a library of over 500,000 television episodes, movies, streaming channels, live events, music videos, and more.
News categories: FreeCast, ROK Group, William Mobley, Michael Jones, Jonathan Kendrick, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, USA
FreeCast shows aggregation UI and broadcast platform at CES2018
Jan 9, 2018 – At CES, FreeCast is bringing a renewed focus on the user interface. The company's SmartGuide delivers to consumers all of the world's entertainment content, on all of their devices, all on one account.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, CES2020, Digital TV, Mobile, USA, UX
Freecast unveils hybrid-DTT Android box for the US
Aug 10, 2017 – FreeCast has unveiled its set-top box, which the company envisions as a low-cost replacement not just for the cable box, but expensive cable and satellite TV service. Dubbed OneBox, the Android-based device will boast hardware specs comparable to those of a modern quad-core PC.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, Apps, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
FreeCast to offer OTA TV via its ATSC 3.0 STB
Apr 25, 2017 – With the ATSC 3.0 standard, FreeCast plans to offer hundreds of TV networks, including pay channels, over-the-air. FreeCast's upcoming ONE set top box will play a key role, adding crucial elements of the current pay-TV experience to the broadcast lineup.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
FreeCast Select TV STB to be unveiled at CES 2016
Jan 5, 2016 – FreeCast will be featured at the ShowStoppers press event during this year's Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, where the company will unveil its set top box, due to hit big box retailers early this year.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, CES2020, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, USA
Rabbit TV to distribute free HDTV antennas
Oct 23, 2014 – FreeCast has announced a giveaway of free HDTV antennas, as part of its U.S. Rabbit TV service. The addition of the antenna adds live news, sports, and other local programming as well as broadcast networks, to its VOD library, and à la carte options.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
FreeCast unveils 'Rabbit TV Select' OTT STB at CES2014
Jan 6, 2014 – FreeCast has announced its newest product offering dubbed ‘Rabbit TV Select’. The over-the-top product will allow consumers to easily watch high-grade internet TV, check emails, make video calls, and operate their home's security, all from the same location.
News categories: FreeCast, William Mobley, Apps, CES2020, OTT, Set Top Box, Social TV, USA
FreeCast.com to release 'SkyBox' OTT STB
Jul 18, 2012 – FreeCast.com has announced that it plans to release SkyBox, its combination micro-PC and wireless keyboard remote unit with Flash and HTML5 support, which is intended to turn any TV into a wifi personal computer.
News categories: FreeCast.com, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
- IBC launches virtual event: IBC Showcase
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Safaricom launches Android TV streaming box
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions