Digital TV News: FreeWheel
FreeWheel introduces ad management platform for OTT publishers
Sep 9, 2019 – FreeWheel has announced advancements in its digital integrated ad management platform for video publishers in Europe, which includes the extension of its partnership with Nielsen into EMEA, as well as holistic ad decisioning across sales channels.
News categories: FreeWheel, Nielsen, Thomas Bremond, Matt O’Grady, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Europe, OTT
Simplestream powers Channel 4's Parasport and 2020 Paralympics online service
Sep 2, 2019 – Simplestream has built an accessible video platform and responsive website for Channel 4’s online coverage of Para Sport and Tokyo 2020 Paralympics. The service is provisioned to handle multiple live concurrent streams, on-demand video and includes adaptive bitrate encoding (ABR) for up to 10 profiles.
News categories: Simplestream, Channel 4, Dan Finch, Pete Andrews, Advertising, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, UK
FreeWheel releases Q1 2019 Video Marketplace report
Jul 23, 2019 – FreeWheel has announced the launch of its Q1 2019 Video Marketplace Report, which shows a rise in targeted and addressable advertising. In Europe, there is a focus on data-driven targeting and automation as a growing number of publishers adopt an audience-first approach.
News categories: FreeWheel, Thomas Bremond, Advertising, Digital TV, Europe, USA
OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
Jul 11, 2019 – OpenAP has announced that it has selected dataxu as its partner to provide technology and services for advertisers to create audience segments for use in targeted digital campaigns.
News categories: dataxu, OpenAP, Sandro Catanzaro, David Levy, Dave Clark, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
4C launches solution to help marketers reach cord-cutters and cord-nevers
Jun 27, 2019 – 4C has announced its Elusive Audiences offering. Through the Scope by 4C platform, marketers can use real-time viewership data in combination with first-party data to target viewers who don’t watch linear television, effectively extending reach to untapped audiences.
News categories: 4C Insights, Lance Neuhauser, Advertising, Big Data, USA
Fox Corp and ad agencies join Project OAR addressable TV consortium
Jun 13, 2019 – Fox Corporation has joined the Project OAR addressable TV advertising consortium. In addition, Project OAR has formed an Agency Advisory Committee with participation from Publicis Media, Omnicom Media Group, GroupM, IPG/Magna, Dentsu Aegis Network, Havas and Horizon Media.
News categories: Project OAR, Fox Corp, Dan Callahan, Jonathan Steuer, Helen Katz, Zeev Neumeier, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, USA
4C expands partnership with Placed for TV and OTT audiences & measurement
Jun 5, 2019 – 4C has announced the growth of its partnership with Placed. Advertisers can now leverage Placed data in the Scope by 4C platform to define audiences for TV and OTT, as well as measure the lift in store visits due to ad exposure.
News categories: 4C Insights, Placed, Lance Neuhauser, David Shim, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, USA
FreeWheel's Blockgraph presents data-driven TV survey results
May 30, 2019 – Blockgraph (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has released a whitepaper on the future of data driven TV. The paper offers practical advice for companies moving towards the data-driven future and explores the current approaches for data sharing in the TV industry.
News categories: Blockgraph, FreeWheel, Jason Manningham, Dave Clark, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
FreeWheel announces programmatic OTT offering for local TV buyers
May 14, 2019 – FreeWheel (Nasdaq: CMCSA) has announced that members of the FreeWheel Advertisers’ network using the Strata platform can now programmatically access the full OTT marketplace through exchanges and direct premium publisher integrations.
News categories: FreeWheel, Joy Baer, Frost Prioleau, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, USA
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs