Digital TV News: Freescale
Over 35 million In-Vehicle Infotainment (IVI) Systems Expected to Ship in 2015
Mar 1, 2011 – Automakers have begun to integrate in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) systems into a wider range of automobiles in order to reenergize new vehicle sales. In-Stat forecasts that over 35 million IVI systems will ship in 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, In-Car, Market Research
DivX and Freescale Collaborate to Support DivX TV™ and Drive DivX HD™ Playback Adoption
Feb 15, 2011 – DivX® (NASDAQ: SNIC) has announced an expanded collaboration with Freescale Semiconductor to adopt DivX HD™ technology across multiple platforms and support DivX TV™ on its chipsets.
News categories: Freescale, DivX, Media Player, Mobile, MWC20, Semiconductor
D2 Technologies Collaborates with Freescale on Android-based Reference Design with HD Video Call Capability
Jan 6, 2011 – D2 Technologies has announced the availability of a new multimedia processor/software solution based on i.MX technology from Freescale. The platform offers a production-ready solution for devices delivering high definition voice and IP video calling.
News categories: D2 Technologies, Freescale, CES2021, Middleware, Semiconductor
RealD Introduces Universal Active 3D Eyewear Technology
Jan 6, 2011 – RealD (NYSE: RLD) has announced technology to deliver universal active 3D eyewear compatible with 3D TVs sold by most major CE brands. RealD's ASIC incorporates a programmable front-end designed to sync image streams with multiple brands of 3D displays.
News categories: RealD, CES2021, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Smart TV, VR
Freescale Semiconductor and RealD to Create New At-Home 3D Viewing Experience for Consumers
Jan 6, 2011 – Freescale has announced that it is collaborating with RealD (NYSE: RLD) to create an active 3D eyewear platform that provides realistic HD 3D TV viewing while solving certain technical and cost problems associated with infrared based systems.
News categories: Freescale, RealD, CES2021, Semiconductor, Smart Home, VR
Freescale Delivers Dramatic Performance Advances for Tablet, Smartphone, eReader, Automotive Infotainment and Other Hot Consumer Markets
Jan 3, 2011 – Freescale has introduced the i.MX 6 series of quad-, dual- and single-core applications processors designed to deliver performance and scalability to manufacturers targeting smart mobile, automotive infotainment and embedded device categories.
News categories: Freescale, ICs, In-Car, Mobile, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet
Freescale and Vestel Jointly Develop RF Remote Controlled LCD TV
Sep 2, 2010 – Freescale Semiconductor and Vestel Electronics have announced that they have been working together to develop an LCD-TV with radio frequency (RF) remote control that uses Freescale's BeeStack Consumer ZigBee-RF4CE platform.
News categories: Freescale, Vestel, ZigBee, IFA2020, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Smart TV
MPEG IC Shipments on Track to Reach 2 Billion units
Feb 1, 2010 – As consumers access digital video on more devices, applications for MPEG digital video compression technology are expanding, particularly in portable devices, reports In-Stat. As a result, shipments of MPEG ICs will reach 2 billion units by 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Digital TV, DVD, Market Research, Mobile, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Abilis Acquires Two Product Lines From Freescale
Aug 14, 2009 – Abilis Systems (SWX:KUD) has announced the acquisition of Freescale's CMOS Modulators and Silicon Tuner product lines, allowing Abilis to expand its portfolio silicon-based digital TV solutions, particularly for DTT and cable platforms.
News categories: Abilis Systems, Freescale, Cable TV, Digital TV, MnA, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast
- Sinclair acquires two TV stations in Washington, DC
- FreeWheel releases H1 2020 U.S. Video Marketplace Report
- Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
- RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K