Digital TV News: Freeview Australia
Switch Media adds Bitmovin video player to its MediaHQ product suite
Jun 19, 2019 – Switch Media adds Bitmovin Video Player to its MediaHQ product suite. The first product to market using the Bitmovin Player technology is Freeview Australia’s Freeview FV Web which gives viewers access to TV using their online browser.
News categories: Bitmovin, Switch Media, Freeview Australia, Stefan Lederer, Luke Durham, Australia, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT
Freeview Australia to launch platform upgrade in June
May 8, 2017 – Freeview Australia will launch a significant upgrade to its Freeview Plus platform in June this year, offering a more simplified user experience and sophisticated look and feel for the catch-up service.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UX
FreeviewPlus doubles Australian penetration in less than 12 months
Dec 13, 2016 – Freeview Australia’s hybrid TV service FreeviewPlus has notched up strong growth in 2016, with the most recent figures showing household penetration has risen to 20% – double the figure released earlier this year.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Freeview Australia app coming in November
Oct 10, 2016 – Freeview Australia has announced that its mobile app, delivering FTA TV channels with just one click, will launch in November. The new live streaming service is branded Freeview FV and will deliver TV into viewers’ hands, extending viewing out of the home.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Mobile, Satellite, Terrestrial
Freeview Australia kicks off program of innovation
Mar 6, 2016 – Freeview Australia has announced that it will be launching a new program of innovation and products including a new FreeviewPlus mobile application for access to all of the free-to-air networks’ live streaming and catch up content.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Clive Dickens, Apps, Australia, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT
First FreeviewPlus STB available in Australia
May 25, 2015 – Freeview Australia has welcomed the arrival of the aerialBox T2100, the first set-top box (STB) certified for FreeviewPlus, the TV service that provides access to more content and services from the Freeview networks.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Nipuul H Patel, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box
Sony and LG release FreeviewPlus receivers
Sep 2, 2014 – A new era in Australian free-to-air TV has begun with the launch of FreeviewPlus, the new service that provides access to more content and services from the Freeview networks.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, HbbTV, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Australia's FreeviewPlus to launch on September 2nd
Aug 5, 2014 – Freeview Australia is launching a TV teaser campaign, featuring some of Australia’s best-loved TV personalities, to herald next month’s launch of FreeviewPlus, the new service that provides access to content and services from Freeview.
News categories: Freeview Australia, Liz Ross, Australia, Digital TV, DVR, HbbTV, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Massive Interactive delivers HbbTV-based service for Australia's FreeviewPlus
Apr 9, 2014 – Massive Interactive (OTCQB: HUGE) has announced that it has delivered the first HbbTV based service in Australia for FreeviewPlus. FreeviewPlus will be available through new connected receivers carrying the FreeviewPlus logo.
News categories: Massive Interactive, FreeviewPlus, Liz Ross, Max Ramsay, Australia, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Terrestrial
- NetRange cloud app portal selected by itel for new Smart TVs
- Vewd integrates support for BML and Hybridcast
- Discovery announces global launch of discovery+
- VUALTO DRM selected to protect France Télévisions' AV content
- FreeWheel and NBCUniversal automate linear ad decisioning
- Zappware enables WIND VISION on PCs in Greece
- InterDigital and Futuresource release video sustainability report
- Local broadcasters collaborate to launch NextGen TV in Florida
- Highest ever Samsung Smart TV sales in 3Q 2020
- Orange France delivers targeted ads with SoftAtHome video player
- Velocix unveils cloud-native video personalisation service
- DIRECTV GO now available in Brazil
- VR consumer content revenue to exceed $7 billion in 2025
- XroadMedia to power hyper-personalization at ZEE5
- Ericsson predicts 40% of mobile subscriptions in 2026 will be 5G
- Pay TV revenue in New Zealand to follow -3.1% CAGR
- iQIYI International available for ZEASN-based smart devices
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- Anevia powers Skymedia's SkyGo service in Mongolia