Digital TV News: Futuresource Consulting
Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
Aug 9, 2019 – The global home audio hardware market grew 20% last year to reach 154 million units, with a further 19% growth projected in 2019, according to Futuresource Consulting. The sector witnessed 5% revenue growth, with trade values reaching $14.5 billion.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Guy Hammett, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
Jul 22, 2019 – The market for virtual assistants (VAs) shows strong positive momentum, driven forward by a combination of rising consumer demand and improvements in the enabling technologies, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Simon Forrest, Market Research, Smart Home, Worldwide
UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
Jul 18, 2019 – The UK consumer electronics retail market generated £19.2 billion in 2018, with further growth of 4% expected this year, even with the economic uncertainty surrounding Brexit, according to a forthcoming report from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Jack Wetherill, Stephen Mears, Market Research, Smart TV, UK
Worldwide TV shipment growth hits 8-year high
Jul 1, 2019 – Worldwide TV shipments are riding high, ending 2018 with the strongest growth rate this decade, with value up by 6%, according to Futuresource Consulting. 8K shipments will grow from 0.2 million units in 2019 with a 130% CAGR through to 2023.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Matthew Rubin, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Esports to break the billion-dollar barrier in 2020
Jun 11, 2019 – The rise of esports continues to present vast opportunities for pro AV, IT and broadcast companies alike. Industry revenues are on track to exceed $900m this year and poised to break the billion-dollar mark in 2020, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Adam Cox, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Norwegian video entertainment market grows 6% in 2018
Jun 10, 2019 – According to Futuresource Consulting, the Norwegian video entertainment market grew 6% in 2018. SVOD was the key driver and accounted for nearly a fifth of all consumer video entertainment spend, one of the highest proportions in the world.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, Market Research, Norway, OTT
Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
Apr 18, 2019 – SVoD continues to resonate with consumers across the globe. A report from Futuresource Consulting reveals that SVoD already reaches more than 60% of households in North America, 26% in Western Europe, 21% in Asia-Pacific and 19% in LATAM.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Netflix drives Canadian SVOD spend past the billion dollar mark
Mar 26, 2019 – Overall spend on video entertainment in Canada remained flat in 2018 at CA$11.3 billion. However, the Canadian consumer’s appetite for on-demand entertainment continues to grow, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research
After a period of stagnation, STB shipments on the rise again
Mar 20, 2019 – The worldwide media box market, comprising set-top boxes and media streamers, is forecast to achieve shipment growth of 1% in 2019, according to Futuresource Consulting. Shipments are on track to exceed 350 million units this year.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Matthew Rubin, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum reveals LatAm key findings
- Beeline deploys Kaltura TV Platform in Kazakhstan
- Spearad launches monetization technology for addressable TV and audio
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient