Digital TV News: Futuresource Consulting
Global CE market generated $683bn in trade value in 2019
Sep 7, 2020 – According to Futuresource, the global CE market added just over $3bn in 2019 to generate a total of $683bn in trade value. Product support has become an expanding problem that vendors must grapple with.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Simon Forrest, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Stay-at-home providing springboard for French SVOD
Aug 5, 2020 – France’s video entertainment market is expected to gain long-term benefits from the COVID-19 pandemic, with an anticipated uplift in sector revenues which is marginally higher than previous market forecasts, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, COVID-19, Digital TV, France, Market Research
Strong recovery expected for Mexico’s video entertainment market
Jul 31, 2020 – Mexico’s video entertainment market is expected to recover from the impact of COVID-19, with digital video leading the charge and showing strong prospects for growth in 2021, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Joanna Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico
Market turbulence to boost UK digital video market
Jul 1, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, 2020 continues to be a volatile year for the UK video and TV entertainment industry, with accelerated adoption across all OTT sectors and a lockdown boom that has played to the strengths of content hungry UK consumers.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, UK
Canada's video entertainment spend expected to rebound in 2021
Jun 23, 2020 – Spending on video entertainment in Canada is expected to shrink by 6% this year, but will bounce back strongly in 2021, expanding by 11% to surpass the success of 2019, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Canada, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research
Nordic video markets riding high
May 21, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, not only are consumers in the Nordic region subscribing to multiple SVoD services, but they are also driving a return to growth for the transactional video market.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Denmark, Digital TV, Finland, Market Research, Norway, OTT, Sweden
COVID-19: $120bn impact on CE, entertainment content and pro AV in 2020
Apr 24, 2020 – Futuresource Consulting has evaluated the potential financial impact of COVID-19 on CE, entertainment content and professional AV markets. The firm anticipates as much as $120 billion will be wiped from the retail value of these sectors.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Simon Bryant, Alexandre Jornod, COVID-19, Digital TV, Market Research, Worldwide
Futuresource explores prospects for the media streamer/STB market
Apr 14, 2020 – A report from Futuresource Consulting explores the future prospects for the media streamer and set-top box market, as consumer demand gradually shifts away from traditional Pay-TV toward more flexible SVOD services.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Matthew Rubin, Carl Hibbert, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Brazil's video market picks up the pace
Mar 18, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, Brazil’s video entertainment market has emerged from the shadow of recession. New SVoD services from global players and increased investment in pay TV and OTT services by local media companies are seen as the key drivers.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Brazil, Digital TV, Market Research
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0