Digital TV News: Futuresource
Global SVoD revenues to grow 25% in 2019 to $36bn
Apr 18, 2019 – SVoD continues to resonate with consumers across the globe. A report from Futuresource Consulting reveals that SVoD already reaches more than 60% of households in North America, 26% in Western Europe, 21% in Asia-Pacific and 19% in LATAM.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Worldwide
Netflix drives Canadian SVOD spend past the billion dollar mark
Mar 26, 2019 – Overall spend on video entertainment in Canada remained flat in 2018 at CA$11.3 billion. However, the Canadian consumer’s appetite for on-demand entertainment continues to grow, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Canada, Digital TV, Market Research
After a period of stagnation, STB shipments on the rise again
Mar 20, 2019 – The worldwide media box market, comprising set-top boxes and media streamers, is forecast to achieve shipment growth of 1% in 2019, according to Futuresource Consulting. Shipments are on track to exceed 350 million units this year.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Matthew Rubin, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, Worldwide
SVoD subscriptions in Mexico expected to grow 11% per year to 2022
Feb 27, 2019 – The Mexican video entertainment market saw steady 2% growth in 2018. However, this doesn’t fully reflect the structural changes in the wider video landscape, according to the latest report from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, Market Research, Mexico
Brazil home video market on path to recovery
Feb 20, 2019 – Brazil’s video entertainment market faced a challenging 2018, with consumer spend down 6% to R$ 22.4 billion (US$ 5.5 billion), according to Futuresource Consulting. However, despite the decline, there are pockets of growth and a path to recovery ahead.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tanzim Rahman, Brazil, Digital TV, Market Research
OLED and super-large screens drive TV market recovery
Jan 23, 2019 – After a global decline in TV shipments the previous year, the market recovered in 2018, with a new report from Futuresource Consulting showing a year-end estimated 3% year-on-year increase in shipments, and a rise of 7% in trade value.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Matthew Rubin, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Steady growth masks seismic shifts in US video and TV market
Jan 18, 2019 – Futuresource Consulting has unveiled some seismic shifts in the US entertainment space in two recently published reports. Futuresource estimates that the US video and TV industry saw a 1% rise in consumer spend in 2018.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, David Sidebottom, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart Home, USA
Germany's video entertainment market at €9bn in 2018
Jan 9, 2019 – The German video market stepped up its dynamic transition in 2018, driven by subscription spending. Consequently, it is the 5th largest in the world with an estimated annual spend of circa €9 billion, according to Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, Digital TV, Germany, Market Research
Innovation drives Korea to become a Top 10 video market
Dec 18, 2018 – South Korea’s overall video and TV market spend is on track to achieve 8% growth in 2018, ending the year at 7.8 trillion KRW ($7 billion), according to the latest Video Insights country report from Futuresource Consulting.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Tristan Veale, 5G, Digital TV, Korea, Market Research
- Evergent and Synamedia partner to power and monetize video experience
- TiVo integrates demographics, ad airings, and mobile devices into TV Viewership Data
- Fraunhofer IIS licenses MPEG-H audio patents to LG
- AminoTV deployed on multi-tenant platform at DELTA and Caiway
- OTT monitoring and compliance market to expand at a CAGR of 15.8%
- Wirecard provides international payment services for BluTV
- SUPER RTL selects 3SS for Kividoo Kids service relaunch
- Rakuten LIVE interactive streaming service launched
- Sony and Microsoft to collaborate on cloud for D2C entertainment and AI
- IoT now numbers 22 billion devices, but where is the revenue?
- Insys Video automates celebrity identification and inappropriate content detection
- HbbTV Association adds seven new members
- Beximco launches AKASH DTH in Bangladesh
- b<>com and Viaccess-Orca partner to detect video piracy
- IDC expects worldwide semiconductor revenue to drop 7.2% in 2019
- Pay TV subscribers in Romania up 3% in 2018
- IABM report shows squeezed margins but continuing optimism
- Rostelecom pay TV subscribers up 3% YoY in 1Q 2019
- WMYD to host Detroit’s first Next-Gen TV station
- 3SS and Media Distillery team up for ultra-personalized AI-powered TV