Digital TV News: GCI
Mediacom deploys Evolution Digital hybrid STBs
Feb 12, 2018 – Evolution Digital has announced the deployment of its eBOX IP Hybrid Set-Top Box, powered by TiVo, to Mediacom Communications customers. Evolution Digital's eBOX will include Evolution Digital-enabled IP Pay-Per-View (PPV) services.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Mediacom Communications, Marc Cohen, JR Walden, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA
Evolution Digital’s eVUE-TV grows to 23 pay TV operators
Sep 20, 2017 – Evolution Digital has announced the expanded deployment of its eVUE-TV IP video platform with additional US operators. Newly-announced operators include Cablevision of Marion County, BELD, DTC, LHTC Broadband, Tullahoma Utilities Board, Valley Telecom Group and Gold Coast Broadband.
News categories: Evolution Digital, Marc Cohen, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, USA, UX
Evolution Digital reaches eVUE-TV agreement with GCI
Jun 20, 2017 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has reached an agreement with General Communication Inc. (GCI) to deploy its fully-managed eVUE-TV IPTV Solution to GCI customers in select service regions.
News categories: Evolution Digital, General Communication Inc, Marc Cohen, Eric Powelson, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Evolution Digital eBOX IP Hybrid STB for Alaska's GCI
Nov 16, 2016 – Evolution Digital has announced that it has reached agreement with General Communications Inc. (GCI) to deploy its eBOX IP Hybrid Set-Top Box, powered by TiVo, to GCI customers in select service regions.
News categories: Evolution Digital, GCI, Marc Cohen, Heather Handyside, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Dual-illumination to begin in South Africa on February 1, 2016
Dec 11, 2015 – In a statement on decisions made at its Cabinet meeting of December 9th, South Africa's government announced that it has approved the commencement of a dual-illumination period for digital broadcasting, beginning on February 1st, 2016.
News categories: Digital TV, Regulation, South Africa, Terrestrial
TiVo grows Opera TV Store in U.S. market
Sep 16, 2014 – Opera Software has announced that an increasing number of U.S. cable TV operators are offering apps and video content to their subscriber bases through the Opera TV Store running on TiVo’s whole-home gateway DVR and multi-room client devices.
News categories: Opera Software, Aneesh Rajaram, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, HTML5, Set Top Box, USA
GCI adds Netflix app to TiVo-powered GCI TV
Jun 2, 2014 – GCI has announced that it will add Netflix as an app through GCI TV powered by TiVo. All GCI TiVo customers across Alaska will now be able to access their Netflix accounts through this platform at no additional cost.
News categories: GCI, TiVo Inc, Paul Landes, Apps, Cable TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
TiVo surpasses 4.5 million subscriber milestone
Apr 29, 2014 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced that it has more than 4.5 million subscribers who are now enjoying the TiVo experience, surpassing the previous record number of 4.45 million hit over eight years ago in December of 2006.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Jeff Klugman, Louis Audet, Peter Pounds, Cable TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Subscribers, USA
GCI, Pace and TiVo launch platform for cable TV
Aug 12, 2013 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced its first deployment resulting from its partnership agreement with TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO). GCI, one of the 20 largest cable operators in North America, is rolling out the Pace XG1 Multi-tuner Video Gateway with TiVo's Advanced User Interface.
News categories: Pace plc, TiVo Inc, GCI, Cable TV, Digital TV, Gateway, Middleware, Set Top Box, USA
- SmartLabs migrates legacy boxes for StarNet TV in Moldova
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018