Digital TV News: GENIVI
Mobica joins Frog by Wyplay
Apr 28, 2015 – Mobica has joined the Frog by Wyplay initiative to provide professional and integration services, enhancing the open source TV middleware code and adapting it to the requirements of pay TV operators and their partners.
News categories: Wyplay, Mobica, Dominique Féral, Jim Carroll, Europe, Middleware, Set Top Box, Worldwide
Vestel Launches Set-Top-Box Using Mentor Graphics Inflexion User Interface Technology
May 16, 2012 – Mentor Graphics (NASDAQ:MENT) has announced that Vestel (Istanbul: VESTL) has developed the user interface (UI) for its new generation Android-based STB using the Mentor® Embedded Inflexion® UI product.
News categories: Mentor Graphics, Vestel, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Wind River Delivers Software Foundation for Next Generation In-Vehicle Infotainment Devices
Aug 2, 2011 – Wind River has introduced the latest version of Wind River Platform for Infotainment, a software platform on which automotive original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and Tier 1 suppliers can develop sophisticated in-vehicle infotainment (IVI) devices.
News categories: Wind River, GENIVI, In-Car, Middleware
- IPTV revenues in Canada up 39% in 2014
- Pay TV providers embrace OTT video and 'skinny' bundles
- 58% of Canadian broadband households have access to online video on their TV set
- Sling TV releases App for Android TV
- ALi and Mware integrate STB IPTV OTT middleware
- Europe's first FTA Ultra HD channel to launch on Astra at 19.2°E
- Altice enters the US market with acquisition of Suddenlink
- 134 million digital TV homes to be added in 2015
- Vodafone ends Q1 with 9.1 million TV customers in Europe
- GatesAir prepares Brazil's Rede VTV for transition to DTT
- Russian pay TV subscribers reached 37.6 million at end-2014
- Connected TVs to drive OTT subscription surge
- LATTO and Verimatrix partner on secure OTT monetization platform
- 37,000 IPTV customers for eircom
- Belarus completes switch to digital television
- 70% of Ultra HD TVs to feature HDR or other enhancements by 2020
- OTT video 'account sharing' prevalent in the U.S.
- Singapore's StarHub adds 3k subscribers in 1Q 2015
- Panasonic launches first Firefox OS-based TVs
- Orange Slovakia launches VOD with Banaxi