Digital TV News: GTPL
7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
Jul 10, 2019 – GTPL Hathway has announced results for its FY20 first quarter. GTPL seeded 200,000 STBs during the quarter, taking total seeded STBs as on June 30, 2019 to 9.70 million. Digital paying subscribers as on June 30, 2019 stood at 7.1 million.
News categories: GTPL, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Results, Subscribers
GTPL Hathway adds 170,000 CATV digital subscribers in 4Q 2018
Feb 12, 2019 – GTPL Hathway Limited (GTPL) has announced results for its third quarter ended on December 31, 2018. GTPL seeded 300,000 set-top boxes (STBs) during the quarter, taking total seeded STBs to 9.50 million.
News categories: GTPL Hathway, Anirudhasinhji Jadeja, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Results, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Pay TV services market in India rapidly transforming
Jan 31, 2018 – The Pay TV services market in India has been rapidly transforming as a result of mandates such as digitization, GST, and demonetization. A social revolution in terms of content consumed, willingness to pay, rising trend of OTT video viewing, and demand for unconventional entertainment is shaping the mindset and outlook of the masses.
News categories: Frost & Sullivan, Aafia Bathool, Vidya S. Nath, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Mobile
GTPL Hathway boosts channel count and OTT services with Harmonic
Jul 19, 2017 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that GTPL, India's leading digital cable TV distribution company has deployed a next-generation software-based unified video headend system from Harmonic.
News categories: Harmonic, Hathway, Tony Berthaud, Aniruddhsinh Jadeja, Cable TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, TV Everywhere
Kudelski reports 2015 half year results
Aug 20, 2015 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced 2015 half year results. The Group entered into several new contracts and completed deployments in the digital TV segment In Europe. Bundles of anyCAST security, OpenTV5 connectware and MediaLive multiscreen are seeing increasing market traction in Asia and Latin America.
News categories: Kudelski, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Results, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics reports third quarter 2014 results
Oct 29, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has reported results for the third quarter and nine months ended September 27, 2014. ST's third quarter net revenues increased 1.2% on a sequential basis to $1.89 billion, down 6.3% on a year-over-year basis.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
India's GTPL chooses ST chipsets for cable STBs
Jul 29, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has announced that its STi5197 SD and STiH273 HD cable chipsets have been picked by GTPL, a leading Indian Cable MSO (multi-system operator) with over 3 million digital subscribers.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, GTPL, Guru Prasad V, Vivek Sharma, Cable TV, Digital TV, India, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Nagra announces 2013 half year results
Aug 20, 2013 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2013 half year results. While the European crisis and weak consumer sentiment continued to affect the European Digital TV business, the American Digital TV business posted a 12.1% growth.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box
Cisco in 30 million Pay TV homes in India
Jun 20, 2013 – In the rapidly growing pay-TV industry in India, Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has established itself as the leading provider of enhanced TV viewing experiences to more than 30 million Indian homes.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Cable TV, Conditional Access, India, Market Research, Middleware, Satellite
- AirTV 4K streaming stick integrates Sling TV, Netflix and OTA channels
- Dalet to acquire Ooyala Flex Media Platform business
- TekSavvy TV launching across Ontario
- Amino acquires 24i Media
- European pay TV to gain 17.7 million subscribers between 2019 and 2023
- OpenAP partners with dataxu to power digital audience creation
- Manatt and Vorhaus report on the state of content consumption
- Mirada results for the year ended 31 March 2019
- Prices for mid- and large-sized LCD panels keep falling in 3Q
- 7.1 million digital paying CATV subscribers for Hathway at end-2Q 2019
- Tremor Video combines capabilities with YuMe by RhythmOne
- Tastemade selects Telaria for programmatic OTT and CTV advertising
- SmartLabs becomes Samsung Smart TV App Developer
- India active DTH subscribers up 1.95 million in 1Q 2019
- DVB adds HDR Dynamic Mapping to its AV coding specifications
- Third of Netflix subscribers might switch to a cheaper, ad-supported tier
- WarnerMedia names upcoming D2C service HBO Max
- Dplay expands Appear TV OTT delivery with dynamic ads
- Comscore announces launch of Video Metrix Multi-Platform in Malaysia
- ProSiebenSat.1 and Discovery choose 3SS to power Joyn