Digital TV News: GTV
Philo brings streaming TV to WOW! broadband customers
May 14, 2019 – Philo has announced an agreement with WOW!, a provider of internet, data, voice, cloud and cable TV in the Midwest and Southeast. Philo's service, at $20 per month, will be available to all of WOW!’s broadband customers beginning mid-year.
News categories: Philo, WOW!, Andrew McCollum, Roger Seiken, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Verizon makes YouTube TV available to its customers
Apr 23, 2019 – Verizon and Google have announced a partnership to bring YouTube TV to Verizon customers. YouTube TV membership includes six accounts per household, each with its own unique recommendations and personal DVR with no storage space limits.
News categories: Verizon, YouTube TV, Erin McPherson, Heather Rivera, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Discovery and YouTube announce live and on-demand partnership
Apr 10, 2019 – Discovery and YouTube have announced a distribution agreement that will extend Discovery's portfolio of brands on YouTube TV’s live TV and on-demand subscription service and increase YouTube TV's lifestyle and factual content offering.
News categories: Discovery, YouTube TV, Eric Phillips, Lori Conkling, Content Distribution, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Windstream launches app-based Kinetic TV in Nebraska
Apr 4, 2019 – Windstream has announced the introduction of its own app-based television product, Kinetic TV, its answer to Lincoln consumers’ demand for network entertainment and local channels, and the freedom and flexibility to watch TV when and where they wish.
News categories: Windstream, MOBITV, Brad Hedrick, Apps, Digital TV, IPTV, USA
Amino to showcase 'Operator Ready' Android TV at NAB Show 2019
Apr 1, 2019 – Amino has announced that it will be showcasing its ‘Operator Ready’ Android TV solution, powered by its Google certified AminoOS software, at NAB Show 2019. AminoOS gives pay-TV operators the agility to customize and brand an advanced user interface via an Android TV deployment.
News categories: Amino, Donald McGarva, Android TV, Digital TV, NABShow, UX, Worldwide
Spectrum to offer 'Essentials' OTT TV service to its internet customers
Feb 20, 2019 – Charter Communications has announced that it will launch Spectrum TV Essentials, an OTT video service, to be made available exclusively in Charter’s footprint to Spectrum Internet customers who don’t already subscribe to Spectrum video services.
News categories: Charter Communications, Tom Rutledge, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Discovery partners with SpotX for TVE advertising over the holidays
Dec 18, 2018 – SpotX has announced a partnership with Discovery to power programmatic monetization for TV everywhere (TVE) video during the holiday season. The collaboration has resulted in Discovery running Automated Guaranteed campaigns through SpotX.
News categories: SpotX, Discovery Inc, Ryan Kenney, Bill Murray, Amanda Cabrera, Advertising, Digital TV, TV Everywhere, USA
Hearst Television launches private marketplace for Connected TV advertising
Sep 24, 2018 – Hearst Television has launched Hearst Anyscreen, an OTT advertising platform which combines preferred access to Hearst-owned programming, with delivery partners such as Roku. Hearst Anyscreen will enable brands to tap into the dramatic growth of Connected TV viewing.
News categories: Hearst Television, dataxu, Jordan Wertlieb, Jonathan Sumber, Mike Baker, Advertising, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Ocean Blue Software and SERAPHIC offer joint HbbTV solution for Android
Sep 12, 2018 – Ocean Blue Software (OBS) and SERAPHIC have announced an HbbTV 2.0.1 solution for Android-powered TVs and STBs. Combining SERAPHIC’s TV browser with OBS’ DVB stack for Android, the solution enables OEMs to bring to market HbbTV-compliant Android TVs and STBs.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Ocean Blue Software, Ye Wang, Paul Martin, Android TV, Digital TV, HbbTV, IBC2019, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Roku OS 9.2 to begin rollout
- Roku announces new streaming player line-up for UK
- Eros Now to develop online video platform with Microsoft
- FourthWall Media introduces Reveal 5 TV analytics and optimization platform
- Hearst Television moves to impressions-based selling of Local TV ad inventory
- Roku releases U.S. cord-cutting study
- Facebook introduces Portal TV set-top box
- CTA launches 8K Ultra HD logo program
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- LIWEST latest Austrian operator to deploy IPTV with Verimatrix and Ocilion
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos