Digital TV News: Gary Shapiro
OTT-only TV households to exceed DTT-only TV household in the U.S.
Jun 5, 2014 – According to the CEA, the percentage of U.S. households with a television that relies exclusively on an antenna for TV reception is about to be eclipsed for the first time ever by the percentage relying only on the Internet for TV.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Gary Shapiro, Brian Markwalter, Digital TV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, USA
U.S. Energy Dept., Pay TV industry and energy efficiency groups announce STB energy conservation agreement
Dec 23, 2013 – The U.S. Energy Department, NRDC, ACEEE, ASAP, CEA and the NCTA have announced non-regulatory energy efficiency standards for pay-TV set-top boxes that will result in energy savings for more than 90 million U.S. homes.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, NCTA, Energy Department, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
CEA releases report on Ultra HD
Aug 7, 2013 – The CEA has announced the release of a new report. The analysis provides a snapshot of the emerging Ultra HD market, with overviews of key industry segments including content development, production, and delivery, as well as overall product status.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Digital TV, Market Research, USA
Resurgence in U.S. auto, audio and TV CE segments expected for 2013
Jul 24, 2013 – Mobile connected devices continue to drive U.S. consumer electronics (CE) industry sales, according to a CEA report. The report also finds positive growth in segments within automotive technology, audio products and TV displays.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Market Research, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Set-Top Box Energy Conservation Agreement Expected to Save U.S. Consumers $1.5 Billion Annually
Dec 6, 2012 – Fifteen U.S. multichannel video providers and device manufacturers are launching a Set-Top Box Energy Conservation Agreement that will result in annual residential electricity savings of $1.5 billion or more as the commitment is fully realized.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, NCTA, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Satellite, Set Top Box, USA
Consumer Electronics Industry Announces Ultra High-Definition
Oct 18, 2012 – The next generation of so-called '4K' high-definition display technology for the home will be called 'Ultra High-Definition' or 'Ultra HD,' connoting its superiority over conventional HDTV, according to the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, CES2021, Smart TV, USA
CEA forms '4K' Working Group
Jun 7, 2012 – The CEA has announced the formation of a '4K' Working Group, a forum for manufacturers, retailers and content providers to define 4K technology, discuss 4K content options, and educate consumers about the newest era in HDTV.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA
Consumer Tech Revenues Will Reach Record High in 2011, According to CEA
Jan 6, 2011 – The consumer electronics (CE) industry will reach a new industry peak in 2011, with revenues exceeding $186 billion, according to the semi-annual industry forecast released today by the Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)®.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, CES2021, Market Research, USA
U.S. CE Industry To Surpass $174 Billion In 2010, Reach Record High By 2011
Jul 22, 2010 – The U.S. consumer electronics industry will exceed initial revenue projections for 2010, the CEA has announced. Shipments of 3D displays will increase to 2.1 million this year, doubling the original forecast in January.
News categories: Consumer Electronics Association, Market Research, Smart TV, USA, VR
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0