Digital TV News: GatesAir
GatesAir wins TVN Chile digital TV transmission contract
Oct 2, 2019 – GatesAir has won a DTV transmission contract with Televisión Nacional de Chile (TVN Chile). The contract stipulates a three-year rollout of 124 ISDB-Tb DTV transmitters in key cities throughout Chile with initial deployments in Concepcion and Valparaiso City.
News categories: GatesAir, Televisión Nacional de Chile, Rich Redmond, Mario Sepulveda, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
Apr 17, 2019 – GatesAir has announced that Foccus Digital, GatesAir’s local partner, will install nine GatesAir ULXTE liquid-cooled transmitters for TV Record, one of Brazil’s largest broadcast networks. Foccus Digital and GatesAir will also provide training to TV Record's engineers.
News categories: GatesAir, Foccus Digital, TV Record, Cesar Donato, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Phoenix Model Market to add second transmission site and SFN broadcasts
Apr 4, 2019 – The Phoenix Model Market project will soon expand beyond a single Next-Gen TV transmission tower to include an additional Single Frequency Network (SFN) station, to help broadcasters evaluate the benefits of SFN transmissions.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Dielectric, Enensys, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital providing Phoenix Model Market key elements
Mar 27, 2019 – Broadcasters in Phoenix are working together to make next-generation television a reality. Preparations are underway with the first broadcast equipment suppliers who are providing equipment that will soon bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Mark Simpson, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
GatesAir wins Ivory Coast DTT transition contract
Feb 26, 2019 – GatesAir continues its long-standing business relationship with the Republic of Ivory Coast through a turnkey equipment and services contract to support the African country’s national digital TV (DTV) network.
News categories: GatesAir, Ivoirienne de Télédiffusion, Bruce D. Swail, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DVB-T2
GatesAir supplies exciter for DVB-T2 trials on Australia’s Gold Coast
Jan 23, 2019 – GatesAir has supplied its Maxiva XTE exciter to Australian broadcast entities - TX Australia, Broadcast Australia, and Free TV - for DVB-T2 field trials on Australia’s Gold Coast, just south of Brisbane.
News categories: GatesAir, TX Australia, Rich Redmond, Paul Mullen, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2
GatesAir and Sonotec convert ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb in two cities
Aug 6, 2018 – With the multi-year analog sunset now underway in Bolivia, GatesAir, working with regional partner Sonotec, has transitioned ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb digital TV in the cities of Cochabamba and La Paz.
News categories: GatesAir, ATB, Sonotec, Rich Redmond, Javier Fernandez, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Phoenix ATSC 3.0 'Model Market' on-air with UniMás programming
Apr 9, 2018 – The first next-generation TV signal in the Phoenix Model Market is 'on the air,' with KFPH-CD Channel 35, owned by Univision Communications now transmitting UniMás network programming using the new ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: Pearl TV, Univision, Anne Schelle, John Eck, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital power Phoenix ATSC 3.0 trial
Mar 27, 2018 – Preparations are underway at broadcast suppliers who are providing equipment that will bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market. Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital are each providing key elements.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, Harmonic, Dielectric, ENENSYS, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV
- EU clears Telia's acquisition of Bonnier Broadcasting with conditions
- Bitmovin receives €20 million of funding from EIB
- Discovery partners with Inscape for TV audience measurement
- SVoD subscriptions in N. America to grow at 9% CAGR from 2019 to 2023