Digital TV News: GatesAir
GatesAir TV transmission deal with Doordarshan expanded to Northern India
Nov 21, 2019 – GatesAir has received a TV transmission order from Doordarshan to strengthen analog UHF television coverage in the Jammu region. The transmitters allow Doordarshan to convert the transmitters to DVB-T2 or DVB-T2-Lite at any time.
News categories: GatesAir, Doordarshan, Rich Redmond, D P Singh, Content Distribution, India, Terrestrial
GatesAir wins TVN Chile digital TV transmission contract
Oct 2, 2019 – GatesAir has won a DTV transmission contract with Televisión Nacional de Chile (TVN Chile). The contract stipulates a three-year rollout of 124 ISDB-Tb DTV transmitters in key cities throughout Chile with initial deployments in Concepcion and Valparaiso City.
News categories: GatesAir, Televisión Nacional de Chile, Rich Redmond, Mario Sepulveda, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
Apr 17, 2019 – GatesAir has announced that Foccus Digital, GatesAir’s local partner, will install nine GatesAir ULXTE liquid-cooled transmitters for TV Record, one of Brazil’s largest broadcast networks. Foccus Digital and GatesAir will also provide training to TV Record's engineers.
News categories: GatesAir, Foccus Digital, TV Record, Cesar Donato, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Phoenix Model Market to add second transmission site and SFN broadcasts
Apr 4, 2019 – The Phoenix Model Market project will soon expand beyond a single Next-Gen TV transmission tower to include an additional Single Frequency Network (SFN) station, to help broadcasters evaluate the benefits of SFN transmissions.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Dielectric, Enensys, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital providing Phoenix Model Market key elements
Mar 27, 2019 – Broadcasters in Phoenix are working together to make next-generation television a reality. Preparations are underway with the first broadcast equipment suppliers who are providing equipment that will soon bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Mark Simpson, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
GatesAir wins Ivory Coast DTT transition contract
Feb 26, 2019 – GatesAir continues its long-standing business relationship with the Republic of Ivory Coast through a turnkey equipment and services contract to support the African country’s national digital TV (DTV) network.
News categories: GatesAir, Ivoirienne de Télédiffusion, Bruce D. Swail, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DVB-T2
GatesAir supplies exciter for DVB-T2 trials on Australia’s Gold Coast
Jan 23, 2019 – GatesAir has supplied its Maxiva XTE exciter to Australian broadcast entities - TX Australia, Broadcast Australia, and Free TV - for DVB-T2 field trials on Australia’s Gold Coast, just south of Brisbane.
News categories: GatesAir, TX Australia, Rich Redmond, Paul Mullen, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2
GatesAir and Sonotec convert ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb in two cities
Aug 6, 2018 – With the multi-year analog sunset now underway in Bolivia, GatesAir, working with regional partner Sonotec, has transitioned ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb digital TV in the cities of Cochabamba and La Paz.
News categories: GatesAir, ATB, Sonotec, Rich Redmond, Javier Fernandez, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Phoenix ATSC 3.0 'Model Market' on-air with UniMás programming
Apr 9, 2018 – The first next-generation TV signal in the Phoenix Model Market is 'on the air,' with KFPH-CD Channel 35, owned by Univision Communications now transmitting UniMás network programming using the new ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: Pearl TV, Univision, Anne Schelle, John Eck, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV