Digital TV News: GatesAir
GatesAir and Foccus Digital upgrade ISDB-Tb transmitters for TV Record in Brazil
Apr 17, 2019 – GatesAir has announced that Foccus Digital, GatesAir’s local partner, will install nine GatesAir ULXTE liquid-cooled transmitters for TV Record, one of Brazil’s largest broadcast networks. Foccus Digital and GatesAir will also provide training to TV Record's engineers.
News categories: GatesAir, Foccus Digital, TV Record, Cesar Donato, Brazil, Content Distribution, Digital TV, SBTVD
Phoenix Model Market to add second transmission site and SFN broadcasts
Apr 4, 2019 – The Phoenix Model Market project will soon expand beyond a single Next-Gen TV transmission tower to include an additional Single Frequency Network (SFN) station, to help broadcasters evaluate the benefits of SFN transmissions.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
Dielectric, Enensys, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital providing Phoenix Model Market key elements
Mar 27, 2019 – Broadcasters in Phoenix are working together to make next-generation television a reality. Preparations are underway with the first broadcast equipment suppliers who are providing equipment that will soon bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market.
News categories: Pearl TV, Phoenix Model Market, Anne Schelle, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Mark Simpson, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, USA
GatesAir wins Ivory Coast DTT transition contract
Feb 26, 2019 – GatesAir continues its long-standing business relationship with the Republic of Ivory Coast through a turnkey equipment and services contract to support the African country’s national digital TV (DTV) network.
News categories: GatesAir, Ivoirienne de Télédiffusion, Bruce D. Swail, Content Distribution, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, DVB-T2
GatesAir supplies exciter for DVB-T2 trials on Australia’s Gold Coast
Jan 23, 2019 – GatesAir has supplied its Maxiva XTE exciter to Australian broadcast entities - TX Australia, Broadcast Australia, and Free TV - for DVB-T2 field trials on Australia’s Gold Coast, just south of Brisbane.
News categories: GatesAir, TX Australia, Rich Redmond, Paul Mullen, Australia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-T2
GatesAir and Sonotec convert ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb in two cities
Aug 6, 2018 – With the multi-year analog sunset now underway in Bolivia, GatesAir, working with regional partner Sonotec, has transitioned ATB Bolivia to ISDB-Tb digital TV in the cities of Cochabamba and La Paz.
News categories: GatesAir, ATB, Sonotec, Rich Redmond, Javier Fernandez, Bolivia, Content Distribution, Digital TV, ISDB-T, Terrestrial
Phoenix ATSC 3.0 'Model Market' on-air with UniMás programming
Apr 9, 2018 – The first next-generation TV signal in the Phoenix Model Market is 'on the air,' with KFPH-CD Channel 35, owned by Univision Communications now transmitting UniMás network programming using the new ATSC 3.0 standard.
News categories: Pearl TV, Univision, Anne Schelle, John Eck, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital power Phoenix ATSC 3.0 trial
Mar 27, 2018 – Preparations are underway at broadcast suppliers who are providing equipment that will bring next-generation TV powered by ATSC 3.0 to the Phoenix market. Dielectric, ENENSYS, GatesAir, Harmonic, Triveni Digital are each providing key elements.
News categories: Pearl TV, GatesAir, Harmonic, Dielectric, ENENSYS, Anne Schelle, Rich Redmond, Tim Warren, Keith Pelletier, Richard Lhermitte, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, NABShow, Terrestrial, USA
GatesAir to support national DTV rollout in Chile
Sep 27, 2017 – GatesAir has announced that Chile broadcaster Mega has selected GatesAir to support its national digital TV transition and rollout. The rollout will include more than 50 GatesAir transmitters in at least 23 cities.
News categories: GatesAir, Mega, Bruce Swail, Saul Ureta, Chile, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial
- SVOD subscriptions soar by 38% in 2018
- Subscriptions now account for nearly 86% of US internet TV and movie spending
- NBCUniversal streaming service to be called 'Peacock'
- Vizio adds additional Alexa capabilities to SmartCast TVs
- Channel 4 to use Sky's AdSmart technology
- TV penetration in Sub-Saharan Africa still low
- Amazon Prime Video to be made available on Altice One
- NEOTION renews partnership with Irdeto
- Online video viewing to reach 100 minutes a day in 2021
- Irdeto secures Airtel Xstream 4K set-top box
- Netgem and Sharp release smart soundbar for telcos
- Sri Lanka Telecom selects partner ecosystem to deploy TV Everywhere
- BexCom selects Irdeto to secure AKASH DTH platform
- VIEWMEDIA to broadcast to West Africa on AMOS-17 at 17°E
- Skyworth partners with SERAPHIC to launch Android HbbTV smart TVs
- iWedia cooperates with Kaltura on STB software for Beeline Kazakhstan
- WIZTIVI and SERAPHIC co-work on HbbTV OpApps
- MediaKind helps Síminn deliver English Premier League coverage in UHD
- Turkcell selects Witbe to monitor video QoE
- Bouygues Telecom adds start-over to Bbox EPG using Alpha Networks