Digital TV News: Gateway Communications
Wananchi satellite service to launch in Uganda next month
Jul 18, 2011 – Wananchi is to launch its Zuku TV satellite service in Uganda next month. As part of the launch, Wananchi is offering to replace the set-top boxes owned by those who subscribed to the GTV DTH service that failed in 2009.
News categories: Wananchi, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Uganda
Intelsat, Convergence Partners Form New Dawn Joint Venture to Grow Africa's Telecommunications Infrastructure
Dec 9, 2008 – Intelsat has announced a joint venture with a South African investor group to build and launch a new satellite optimized to deliver wireless backhaul, broadband and television programming to the African continent.
News categories: Intelsat, Convergence Partners, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa
A newcomer is shaking up satellite television in Africa
Aug 14, 2008 – Gateway Communications's satellite-television subsidiary GTV, a company created just over a year ago, has signed up more than 100,000 customers in 20 countries - which, it reckons, translates into 1.25m regular viewers.
News categories: Gateway Communications, GTV, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Gateway Chooses NDS Content Protection for New African DTH Service
Feb 26, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has been selected by Gateway Communications to provide a security system, featuring its VideoGuard® conditional access (CA), for GTV its newly created satellite TV service for Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: NDS Group, GTV, Botswana, Burundi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Gateway to launch pan-African pay-TV Service
Feb 22, 2007 – Gateway Communications has announced the launch of GTV, a pan-African pay-TV satellite delivered service. It will provide a unique bouquet of content with a subscription price aimed at penetrating the underserved African television market.
News categories: Gateway Communications, Africa, Digital TV, Satellite
- ATRESMEDIA and smartclip deepen HbbTV advertising partnership
- Comscore, Kantar extend measurement partnership with Auditel Italy
- Pay TV revenues to plunge to $150 billion
- Cable-Tec Expo unable to go ahead
- Sisvel announces first VP9 and AV1 patent licensees
- Comcast to bring HBO Max to Xfinity customers
- HBO Max launched in the U.S.
- Nordic households spending €149pm on media and access services
- SES unveils results of Philippines TV market reception survey
- Over half of U.S. adults watching more TV since the pandemic
- NEXTGEN TV begins broadcasting in Las Vegas
- Shifts in viewing behavior continue during COVID-19 pandemic
- Dailymotion and Huawei Video announce global video partnership
- SoftAtHome builds RDK-based video product for service providers
- Nordija integrates Yospace ad insertion technology
- iQIYI partners MediaTek for AV1-powered Ultra HD streaming
- Bitė to acquire Telecentras' IPTV business in Lithuania
- World's fastest internet speed from a single optical chip
- Disney+ attracts 2 million Australian viewers in 4 months
- Global TV shipments to fall 5.8% in 2020