Digital TV News: Gateway Communications
Wananchi satellite service to launch in Uganda next month
Jul 18, 2011 – Wananchi is to launch its Zuku TV satellite service in Uganda next month. As part of the launch, Wananchi is offering to replace the set-top boxes owned by those who subscribed to the GTV DTH service that failed in 2009.
News categories: Wananchi, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Uganda
Intelsat, Convergence Partners Form New Dawn Joint Venture to Grow Africa's Telecommunications Infrastructure
Dec 9, 2008 – Intelsat has announced a joint venture with a South African investor group to build and launch a new satellite optimized to deliver wireless backhaul, broadband and television programming to the African continent.
News categories: Intelsat, Convergence Partners, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa
A newcomer is shaking up satellite television in Africa
Aug 14, 2008 – Gateway Communications's satellite-television subsidiary GTV, a company created just over a year ago, has signed up more than 100,000 customers in 20 countries - which, it reckons, translates into 1.25m regular viewers.
News categories: Gateway Communications, GTV, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Gateway Chooses NDS Content Protection for New African DTH Service
Feb 26, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has been selected by Gateway Communications to provide a security system, featuring its VideoGuard® conditional access (CA), for GTV its newly created satellite TV service for Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: NDS Group, GTV, Botswana, Burundi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Gateway to launch pan-African pay-TV Service
Feb 22, 2007 – Gateway Communications has announced the launch of GTV, a pan-African pay-TV satellite delivered service. It will provide a unique bouquet of content with a subscription price aimed at penetrating the underserved African television market.
News categories: Gateway Communications, Africa, Digital TV, Satellite
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs