Digital TV News: Gateway Communications
Wananchi satellite service to launch in Uganda next month
Jul 18, 2011 – Wananchi is to launch its Zuku TV satellite service in Uganda next month. As part of the launch, Wananchi is offering to replace the set-top boxes owned by those who subscribed to the GTV DTH service that failed in 2009.
News categories: Wananchi, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Uganda
Intelsat, Convergence Partners Form New Dawn Joint Venture to Grow Africa's Telecommunications Infrastructure
Dec 9, 2008 – Intelsat has announced a joint venture with a South African investor group to build and launch a new satellite optimized to deliver wireless backhaul, broadband and television programming to the African continent.
News categories: Intelsat, Convergence Partners, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite, South Africa
A newcomer is shaking up satellite television in Africa
Aug 14, 2008 – Gateway Communications's satellite-television subsidiary GTV, a company created just over a year ago, has signed up more than 100,000 customers in 20 countries - which, it reckons, translates into 1.25m regular viewers.
News categories: Gateway Communications, GTV, Africa, Angola, Botswana, Cameroon, Congo-Brazzaville, Côte d'Ivoire, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mauritius, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Subscribers, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia
Gateway Chooses NDS Content Protection for New African DTH Service
Feb 26, 2007 – NDS (NASDAQ: NNDS) has announced that it has been selected by Gateway Communications to provide a security system, featuring its VideoGuard® conditional access (CA), for GTV its newly created satellite TV service for Sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: NDS Group, GTV, Botswana, Burundi, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Ethiopia, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Malawi, Namibia, Rwanda, Satellite, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Gateway to launch pan-African pay-TV Service
Feb 22, 2007 – Gateway Communications has announced the launch of GTV, a pan-African pay-TV satellite delivered service. It will provide a unique bouquet of content with a subscription price aimed at penetrating the underserved African television market.
News categories: Gateway Communications, Africa, Digital TV, Satellite
- Expert System adds MovieLabs Creative Works Ontology support
- Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report
- One million downloads for Sinclair's STIRR app
- Cifra and Flussonic offer integrated IPTV/OTT solution