Digital TV News: Gaurav Shah
Synaptics acquires Conexant and Marvell's Multimedia Solutions business
Jun 12, 2017 – Synaptics (NASDAQ: SYNA) has announced that it has signed agreements to acquire Conexant Systems and the Multimedia Solutions Business of Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL), to jumpstart its presence in the smart home market.
News categories: Synaptics, Conexant, Marvell, Rick Bergman, Jan Johannessen, Gaurav Shah, Digital TV, MnA, Semiconductor, Smart Home, Worldwide
Vivante GPU Powers Leading Smart TV Platforms
Jan 11, 2012 – Vivante has announced that it has been selected to power the Marvell® (NASDAQ: MRVL) ARMADA® 1500 Media SoC. Products showcasing the ARMADA 1500 can be seen in the Marvell booth at CES in the Las Vegas Convention Center.
News categories: Vivante, Marvell, CES2021, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Marvell Supports RVU for 'Whole-Home' TV Entertainment
Sep 9, 2010 – Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced the integration of the RVU protocol onto their ARMADA™ SoCs. The first adoption by Marvell of the open standard RVU protocol begins with the ARMADA 1000 High Definition (HD) Media Processor System-on-a-Chip (SoC).
News categories: Marvell, RVU Alliance, IBCShowcase, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Marvell Introduces '3D by Marvell'
May 31, 2010 – Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has introduced '3D by Marvell', support for 3D Blu-ray playback integrated in the ARMADA™ 1000 High Definition (HD) Media Processor System-on-a-Chip (SoC).
News categories: Marvell, Blu-ray, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, VR
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0