Digital TV News: Gemstar-TV Guide
Gemstar-TV Guide Expands European Patent Licensing Through Agreement with Humax, a Leading Provider of Retail Set-Top Boxes
Mar 24, 2008 – Gemstar-TV Guide (NASDAQ: GMST) has signed an agreement with Humax which includes a patent license allowing Humax to incorporate interactive program guides (IPGs) in retail digital set-top boxes that are distributed throughout Europe.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Humax, Europe, Licensing, Middleware, Patent, Set Top Box
Gemstar-TV Guide Releases Digital Terrestrial Service in Germany
Mar 12, 2008 – Gemstar-TV Guide International (NASDAQ: GMST) has announced that the company has released its digital services in Germany under an agreement with Eurosport, Europe's leading sports multimedia platform.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Digital TV, Germany, Middleware, Optical Disc Recorder, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Macrovision Agrees to Acquire Gemstar-TV Guide
Dec 7, 2007 – Macrovision Corporation (NASDAQ: MVSN) and Gemstar-TV Guide International, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMST) have announced a definitive agreement for Macrovision to acquire Gemstar-TV Guide in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Macrovision, Gemstar-TV Guide, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, MnA, Optical Disc Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Gemstar-TV Guide Announces Expansion of European Patent Licensing Through Three New Agreements With Leading German-Based Consumer Electronic Manufacturers
Oct 18, 2007 – Gemstar-TV Guide International (NASDAQ: GMST) has announced continued expansion of its patent licensing program in Europe, recently signing three new patent license agreements with leading German-based consumer electronic (CE) companies.
News categories: Gemstar-TV Guide, Loewe Opta, Metz, KATHREIN, Digital TV, Europe, Germany, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box
Gemstar-TV Guide Releases Digital Terrestrial Service in Spain
Aug 29, 2007 – Gemstar-TV Guide International (NASDAQ: GMST) has announced that the company has released its digital services in Spain under an agreement with Veo Television S.A., one of Spain's leading digital terrestrial channels.
News categories: Digital TV, Middleware, Spain, Terrestrial
- Growing demand for smart displays driving smart speaker sales
- Forthnet becomes part of United Group
- UK marketers expect to spend more on Advanced TV ads in the next 12 months
- NetRange moves browser to the Cloud for low-cost Smart TVs
- Over 13 billion Smart Home devices in use by 2025
- MultiChoice picks Metrological to deliver OTT services on DStv
- Oregan Networks builds on Amlogic's Android TV reference platform
- 61% of US broadband households subscribe to two or more OTT services
- 14% of Australians plan to cancel pay TV as a result of the pandemic
- Eutelsat 7/8°W predominant broadcast position for Egyptian TV homes
- NEXTGEN TV launches on local TV in Norfolk, VA
- Universal Electronics to launch Apple TV remote control for MVPDs
- Nielsen unveils new ID resolution system
- TeraVolt wins tender for development at ZDF Mediathek
- Ocilion delivers content recommendations with XroadMedia
- Mirada helps izzi bring Disney+ to Mexico
- Bitmovin adds VVC encoding support
- Verimatrix introduces watermarking for HTML5
- Amagi helps BUZZR unify broadcast and streaming operations
- Minerva Networks and SDMC complete Android TV integration