Digital TV News: General Satellite
Russia's STB market to reach 5.15 million units in 2012
Aug 30, 2012 – According to a report from J'son & Partners, the number of set-top boxes sold in Russia in 2011 was 3.95 million up from 3.45 million in 2010. The market research company expects this number will grow significantly in 2012 to reach 5.15 million units.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
iWedia set-top box solution enters mass production with General Satellite
Jul 25, 2012 – iWedia has announced that one of its set-top box (STB) solutions has been adopted by General Satellite for its GS-8305 decoder which is to be deployed on the network of Tricolor TV, the largest satellite television operator in Russia.
News categories: iWedia, General Satellite, Tricolor TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Russia, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
'One TV' DTT soft launches in Cambodia
Jul 25, 2012 – General Satellite and the Royal Group of Companies have announced the launch of a Pay Digital Terrestrial TV Platform for Cambodia. The 'One TV' service will have 60 channels in Khmer, English, Russian, Chinese, Vietnamese and other languages.
News categories: General Satellite, Royal Group, One TV, Cambodia, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
General Satellite Signs Memorandum of Understanding with Partner from Sri Lanka
Oct 7, 2011 – General Satellite and Sky Television & Radio Network have signed the Memorandum of Understanding to create a Joint Project in Sri Lanka. The Project is to become the largest Pay TV operator in the country, available across the whole island.
News categories: General Satellite, Satellite, Set Top Box, Sri Lanka
Lybid TV satellite test broadcasting begins in Ukraine
Sep 5, 2011 – Test broadcasting of the DTH satellite service 'Lybid TV' in the Ukraine has begun on EUTELSAT W7A. General Satellite is the technology partner for the project. Commercial broadcasting is to start in late 2011.
News categories: General Satellite, Satellite, Set Top Box, Ukraine
RC Module demonstrates HD set-top box decoder IC
Mar 14, 2011 – Russia's RC Module has shown its new ARM11-based HD set-top box decoder IC at Si-Forum 2011 in Gusev, Kaliningrad. The demonstration was developed in cooperation with set-top box maker General Satellite.
News categories: RC Module, General Satellite, Digital TV, ICs, Russia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Platforma HD, Russia's New HDTV Platform Selects Eutelsat's EUROBIRD™ 9 Satellite
Sep 8, 2008 – Platforma HD, the new Russian all-HDTV platform has selected the EUROBIRD™ 9 satellite operated by Eutelsat Communications (Euronext Paris: ETL) to deliver new HD content across western parts of Russia to the Urals.
News categories: Eutelsat, Platforma HD, Digiraum, Conditional Access, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
New landmark for Russian DTH
Jun 2, 2008 – The Russian DTH platform Tricolor TV has announced that it ended last month with 2 million registered viewers.
News categories: Tricolor TV, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
- 4C to power reach optimization on NBCUniversal's One Platform
- Nordija and VGL team up for Andina Link 2020
- North American pay TV revenues to fall by $50 billion
- Altibox selects Technicolor set-top box for Android TV services
- Altice One available on Apple TV 4K
- Video ad impressions on U.S. CTV triple in two years
- Viaccess-Orca Stream Guardian certified by Cartesian
- Comcast acquires XUMO
- NBCUniversal updates audience targeting and transaction models
- Mola.tv selects Verimatrix Multi-DRM for OTT in Indonesia
- Telikom PNG selects UniqCast for OTT/IPTV deployment
- Beachfront, Beeswax adopt LiveRamp IdentityLink bidding for CTV
- WOW! streaming partnerships to help customers cut the cord
- Globecast deploys Infrastructure as Code (IaC) for cloud-based playout
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- Cinedigm adds Roku support to its app platform
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs