Digital TV News: Gerdus van Eeden
MultiChoice launches ARRIS HD PVR with HEVC for streaming
Nov 10, 2016 – MultiChoice has launched the DStv Explora 2 decoder from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to customers in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. Its HEVC technology will reduce the bandwidth needed to stream or download shows.
News categories: ARRIS International, Naspers, Steve McCaffery, Gerdus van Eeden, Africa, Digital TV, Media Player, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
MultiChoice selects Clearleap to accelerate multiscreen strategy
Apr 16, 2014 – Clearleap has been selected by MultiChoice to accelerate its multiscreen strategy and provide efficient management and delivery of its television content over both IP network and traditional pay-TV networks.
News categories: Clearleap, MultiChoice, Gerdus Van Eeden, Braxton Jarratt, Content Distribution, Mobile, South Africa
STMicroelectronics powers new Set-Top Boxes from MultiChoice
Jan 7, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has revealed that its STiH237 System-on-Chip (SoC) will be powering the latest generation of High-Definition (HD), non-PVR set-top boxes currently under development by MultiChoice, South Africa's leading pay-TV operator.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MultiChoice, Gerdus van Eeden, Alessandro Messi, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa
MultiChoice Selects Harmonic for Large Scale DVB-T2 Deployment in Africa
Dec 6, 2011 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that MultiChoice Africa (JSE: NPN), the sub-Saharan multichannel digital satellite television provider, has selected Harmonic's digital video headend solutions for its new Pan-African DVB-T2 network.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, MultiChoice Africa, Africa, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
MultiChoice launches affordable PVR decoder
May 27, 2010 – Multichoice (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has launched a much more affordable PVR decoder that is also capable of delivering HD programmes. The HD PVR 2P decoder is released in time for the FIFA World Cup to give South Africans the chance to experience the benefits of PVR.
News categories: Multichoice, DStv, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
DStv first to launch DVB over IP in South Africa
Apr 16, 2010 – DVB over IP has been launched to commercial establishments by MultiChoice. The service will be provided to hotels, shopping malls and offices. Later this year the service will be extended to gated residential communities and residential apartments.
News categories: MultiChoice, IPTV, South Africa
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019