Digital TV News: Gerdus van Eeden
MultiChoice launches ARRIS HD PVR with HEVC for streaming
Nov 10, 2016 – MultiChoice has launched the DStv Explora 2 decoder from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to customers in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. Its HEVC technology will reduce the bandwidth needed to stream or download shows.
News categories: ARRIS International, Naspers, Steve McCaffery, Gerdus van Eeden, Africa, Digital TV, Media Player, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
MultiChoice selects Clearleap to accelerate multiscreen strategy
Apr 16, 2014 – Clearleap has been selected by MultiChoice to accelerate its multiscreen strategy and provide efficient management and delivery of its television content over both IP network and traditional pay-TV networks.
News categories: Clearleap, MultiChoice, Gerdus Van Eeden, Braxton Jarratt, Content Distribution, Mobile, South Africa
STMicroelectronics powers new Set-Top Boxes from MultiChoice
Jan 7, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has revealed that its STiH237 System-on-Chip (SoC) will be powering the latest generation of High-Definition (HD), non-PVR set-top boxes currently under development by MultiChoice, South Africa's leading pay-TV operator.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MultiChoice, Gerdus van Eeden, Alessandro Messi, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa
MultiChoice Selects Harmonic for Large Scale DVB-T2 Deployment in Africa
Dec 6, 2011 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that MultiChoice Africa (JSE: NPN), the sub-Saharan multichannel digital satellite television provider, has selected Harmonic's digital video headend solutions for its new Pan-African DVB-T2 network.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, MultiChoice Africa, Africa, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
MultiChoice launches affordable PVR decoder
May 27, 2010 – Multichoice (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has launched a much more affordable PVR decoder that is also capable of delivering HD programmes. The HD PVR 2P decoder is released in time for the FIFA World Cup to give South Africans the chance to experience the benefits of PVR.
News categories: Multichoice, DStv, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
DStv first to launch DVB over IP in South Africa
Apr 16, 2010 – DVB over IP has been launched to commercial establishments by MultiChoice. The service will be provided to hotels, shopping malls and offices. Later this year the service will be extended to gated residential communities and residential apartments.
News categories: MultiChoice, IPTV, South Africa
- Konka expands brand to the United States and Canada
- NBC/Telemundo and NBC Sports offer local TV attribution with TVSquared
- Edge Networks selects ENENSYS TestTree for ATSC 3.0 testing
- DISH Media taps FreeWheel for both traditional and addressable linear TV
- Comcast and NuEyes enable customers with visual disabilities to see TV with Smartglasses
- Kantar to continue delivering TV trading currency in Israel
- TiVo chooses SpotX for monetization of CTV ad inventory
- SiTune introduces TV tuner for mobile ATSC 3.0 and 5G Broadcast
- Tappx to develop programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion platform for TV
- TV Analytics market to grow to $655.4 million by 2025
- Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- US media players get on AVOD bandwagon as market revenue soars
- Tru Optik partners with JamLoop for audience targeting on OTT/CTV
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Hotstar releases India Watch Report 2019
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine