Digital TV News: Gerdus van Eeden
MultiChoice launches ARRIS HD PVR with HEVC for streaming
Nov 10, 2016 – MultiChoice has launched the DStv Explora 2 decoder from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to customers in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. Its HEVC technology will reduce the bandwidth needed to stream or download shows.
News categories: ARRIS International, Naspers, Steve McCaffery, Gerdus van Eeden, Africa, Digital TV, Media Player, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
MultiChoice selects Clearleap to accelerate multiscreen strategy
Apr 16, 2014 – Clearleap has been selected by MultiChoice to accelerate its multiscreen strategy and provide efficient management and delivery of its television content over both IP network and traditional pay-TV networks.
News categories: Clearleap, MultiChoice, Gerdus Van Eeden, Braxton Jarratt, Content Distribution, Mobile, South Africa
STMicroelectronics powers new Set-Top Boxes from MultiChoice
Jan 7, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has revealed that its STiH237 System-on-Chip (SoC) will be powering the latest generation of High-Definition (HD), non-PVR set-top boxes currently under development by MultiChoice, South Africa's leading pay-TV operator.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MultiChoice, Gerdus van Eeden, Alessandro Messi, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa
MultiChoice Selects Harmonic for Large Scale DVB-T2 Deployment in Africa
Dec 6, 2011 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that MultiChoice Africa (JSE: NPN), the sub-Saharan multichannel digital satellite television provider, has selected Harmonic's digital video headend solutions for its new Pan-African DVB-T2 network.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, MultiChoice Africa, Africa, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
MultiChoice launches affordable PVR decoder
May 27, 2010 – Multichoice (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has launched a much more affordable PVR decoder that is also capable of delivering HD programmes. The HD PVR 2P decoder is released in time for the FIFA World Cup to give South Africans the chance to experience the benefits of PVR.
News categories: Multichoice, DStv, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
DStv first to launch DVB over IP in South Africa
Apr 16, 2010 – DVB over IP has been launched to commercial establishments by MultiChoice. The service will be provided to hotels, shopping malls and offices. Later this year the service will be extended to gated residential communities and residential apartments.
News categories: MultiChoice, IPTV, South Africa
- TiBO deploys Verimatrix Multi-DRM in Albania
- Kinetic by Windstream partners with YouTube TV
- HbbTV Association releases Targeted Advertising Specification
- EnTouch Systems joins RCN, Grande, Wave group
- Disney+ available directly on VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Sandvine releases 2020 Mobile Internet Phenomena report
- Comscore announces renewal with CBS TV stations
- TVSquared releases pan-European TV advertising performance analysis
- Imagine Communications agrees ad insertion deal with the NCTC
- Cello launches Freeview Play Smart TV with Alexa in UK
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers down 194,000 in 4Q 2019
- One third of Taiwanese online consumers have accessed TV piracy sites
- Redbox launch Redbox Free Live TV across the U.S.
- Cisco releases Annual Internet Report
- Pixelworks and Qualcomm integrate Live Local TV with 5G broadband
- Kantar to measure TV audiences for MINTIC in Colombia
- NCTC to offer discounted Amazon Fire TV devices to members
- Viu reaches 41.4 million monthly active users
- Roku ends 2019 with 36.9 million active accounts
- Online viewing continues to gain ground on traditional broadcast TV