Digital TV News: Gerdus van Eeden
MultiChoice launches ARRIS HD PVR with HEVC for streaming
Nov 10, 2016 – MultiChoice has launched the DStv Explora 2 decoder from ARRIS (NASDAQ: ARRS) to customers in South Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa. Its HEVC technology will reduce the bandwidth needed to stream or download shows.
News categories: ARRIS International, Naspers, Steve McCaffery, Gerdus van Eeden, Africa, Digital TV, Media Player, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
MultiChoice selects Clearleap to accelerate multiscreen strategy
Apr 16, 2014 – Clearleap has been selected by MultiChoice to accelerate its multiscreen strategy and provide efficient management and delivery of its television content over both IP network and traditional pay-TV networks.
News categories: Clearleap, MultiChoice, Gerdus Van Eeden, Braxton Jarratt, Content Distribution, Mobile, South Africa
STMicroelectronics powers new Set-Top Boxes from MultiChoice
Jan 7, 2014 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has revealed that its STiH237 System-on-Chip (SoC) will be powering the latest generation of High-Definition (HD), non-PVR set-top boxes currently under development by MultiChoice, South Africa's leading pay-TV operator.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, MultiChoice, Gerdus van Eeden, Alessandro Messi, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, South Africa
MultiChoice Selects Harmonic for Large Scale DVB-T2 Deployment in Africa
Dec 6, 2011 – Harmonic (NASDAQ: HLIT) has announced that MultiChoice Africa (JSE: NPN), the sub-Saharan multichannel digital satellite television provider, has selected Harmonic's digital video headend solutions for its new Pan-African DVB-T2 network.
News categories: Harmonic Inc, MultiChoice Africa, Africa, Content Distribution, DVB-T2, Terrestrial
MultiChoice launches affordable PVR decoder
May 27, 2010 – Multichoice (JSE: NPN)(LSE:NPSN) has launched a much more affordable PVR decoder that is also capable of delivering HD programmes. The HD PVR 2P decoder is released in time for the FIFA World Cup to give South Africans the chance to experience the benefits of PVR.
News categories: Multichoice, DStv, Digital TV, DVR, Satellite, Set Top Box, South Africa
DStv first to launch DVB over IP in South Africa
Apr 16, 2010 – DVB over IP has been launched to commercial establishments by MultiChoice. The service will be provided to hotels, shopping malls and offices. Later this year the service will be extended to gated residential communities and residential apartments.
News categories: MultiChoice, IPTV, South Africa
- TV panel prices could rise by around 10% QoQ in 4Q20
- TV Red Digital chooses Anevia and Viaccess-Orca for ISP TV platform
- Azam TV extends contract and takes additional capacity with Eutelsat
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Iliad announces intention to acquire Poland's Play
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- EBU begins work on HbbTV and DVB-I interoperability
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers