Digital TV News: Gert Rieder
Falcon Media House signs up AEMG for Africa OTT service
Oct 3, 2017 – Falcon Media House has announced the signing of a licensing agreement with Africa Enterprise Media Group (AEMG) to supply software technology and brand assets for a direct-to-consumer OTT service in Africa.
News categories: Falcon Media House, LaserNet Group, Gert Rieder, Ivan Bridgens, Africa, Digital TV, OTT, South Africa
Falcon Media House streaming integrated with Media Nucleus billing platform
Jul 14, 2017 – A partnership between Falcon Media House and Media Nucleus will enable Falcon Media House to offer an OTT platform to medium and large size broadcasters with a potential reach of 250 million users in India, as well as parts of its content portfolio to service providers in the region.
News categories: Falcon Media House, Media Nucleus, Quiptel, Gert Rieder, Bhaskar Majumdar, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Middle-East, OTT
Quiptel and Verimatrix deliver West Africa’s first secure OTT service
May 24, 2017 – Quiptel and Verimatrix have announced a partnership that will offer the first secure OTT service in West Africa enabling thousands of residents on Bonny Island in Nigeria to stream live and on-demand TV uninterrupted.
News categories: Verimatrix, Falcon Media House, Quiptel, Steve Oetegenn, Gert Rieder, Content Protection, Digital TV, Nigeria, OTT, Set Top Box
Denmark - TDC launches 35 TV channels via broadband
Feb 20, 2007 – TDC (Copenhagen:TDC) has inaugurated Denmark's largest and most state-of-the-art interactive TV network. More than 1.6 million households will be able to link up directly to TDC TV via their broadband connection.
News categories: TDC, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, DVR, IPTV
Super TV IPTV for 70% of Denmark
Dec 14, 2006 – TDC initiates its most ambitious commitment to television via broadband to date. More than 1.8 million households will get access to a new generation of TDC TV which then becomes the largest cable-based television network in the country.
News categories: TDC, Denmark, Digital TV, IPTV
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024