Digital TV News: GlobeCast
GlobeCast to Launch Australasia's First MPEG-4 Service on Optus D2
Oct 24, 2012 – GlobeCast Australia has announced an upgrade that will allow the company to deliver its customers the first MPEG-4 services on the Optus D2 DTH satellite platform. GlobeCast will commence its new MPEG-4 service with its channel partner RTS SAT.
News categories: GlobeCast, RTS SAT, Australia, New Zealand, Satellite
GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 Expand HbbTV Trial
Sep 20, 2012 – GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 have announced that they will expand their exploratory Hybrid Broadband Broadcast Television (HbbTV) service to the Middle East in fall 2012 with the support of Orange and Arabsat.
News categories: GlobeCast, FRANCE 24, Orange, Arabsat, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Middle-East, Satellite
httv to launch 'HbbTV Starter Kit' at IBC
Aug 28, 2012 – At this year's IBC, httv will release the first commercial version of its 'HbbTV Starter Kit', a lightweight play-out product for HbbTV services prototyping, validation and demo. This new product completes the httv's HbbTV product range.
News categories: httv, HbbTV, IBC2019, Middleware
GlobeCast Launches MyGlobeTV, an OTT Platform for International Content
Apr 18, 2012 – GlobeCast has announced the launch of MyGlobeTV -- a new over-the-top (OTT) platform for international broadcasters in the Americas. MyGlobeTV is a B-2-C television bouquet that brings international and genre-based audiovisual content directly to subscribers.
News categories: GlobeCast, Netgem, Digital TV, DVR, NABShow, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
4EVER Consortium to advance Ultra-HDTV technologies
Apr 12, 2012 – ATEME has announced the launch of a French research program to reduce the bandwidth required for the delivery of Ultra High Definition Television using High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC - MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: 4EVER, ATEME, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France
Intelsat New Dawn MCPC Media Platform Debuts in Africa
Feb 29, 2012 – Intelsat and GlobeCast have announced the launch of the Intelsat Ku-band MCPC platform for Africa. The platform provides a solution for programmers wishing to expand their distribution to cable and DTH services across sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, GlobeCast, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite
Starmax HD, Spain's New HDTV Platform, Launches With GlobeCast
Mar 1, 2011 – Starmax HD has chosen GlobeCast to provide aggregation, encryption, and delivery of the full bouquet of channels broadcast to households across Spain. The Starmax platform uses set-top boxes from Ferguson, and viewer access cards from Conax.
News categories: GlobeCast, Starmax HD, CAM, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain
On Digital Media Contracts Three Transponders on ASTRA
Apr 19, 2010 – SES ASTRA (Paris:SESG; LuxX:SESG) has announced that it has signed a capacity agreement with South African pay-TV operator On Digital Media (ODM) for three transponders on its ASTRA 4A satellite.
News categories: SES ASTRA, On Digital Media, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, South Africa
Eutelsat Communications Reports Record Revenue Growth
Nov 5, 2009 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has reported results for the quarter ended September 30, 2009. Video Applications registered a sustained increase in revenue (+8.5%) with 3,329 TV channels broadcast by Eutelsat's fleet at quarter end (+4.7%).
News categories: Eutelsat, Results, Satellite
- New global launch dates confirmed for Disney+
- Viacom and ACCESS partner on automotive TV in Germany
- Australians turn to multiple subscriptions for entertainment
- Broadband usage patterns provide clues to imminent cord-cutting
- TELUS Home Assistant giving Optik TV customers hands-free voice control
- Amobee launches data marketplace for connected TV and multiscreen advertising
- Sky Media reveals power of addressable TV
- Charter agrees deal to distribute Disney streaming services
- Consolidated launches TV over Fiber-to-the-Premises in Columbia County, New York
- Global smart speaker sales grow 96% to 30.3 million in Q2 2019
- Comscore to provide measurement for Xandr's addressable offering
- CBS and Viacom to combine
- U.S. STB energy agreement savings top $5 billion
- GO Malta deploys Edgeware solutions for multiscreen TV
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost ~1.53 million subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Most smart speakers and video streamers are energy efficient
- Consolidated Communications launches CCiTV in Southern Maine
- HONOR Vision first smart screen device with Huawei's HarmonyOS
- Smart speakers with screens took off in 2018
- LG Uplus adds 92,000 IPTV subscribers in 2Q 2019