Digital TV News: GlobeCast
Arabsat TV launches OTT service with Globecast
Apr 28, 2015 – Globecast and Arabsat have announced the launch of Arabsat TV Everywhere, a multiscreen OTT TV service with live streams of Arabic channels. Arabsat TV Everywhere is available to watch free from almost anywhere in the world.
News categories: Globecast, Arabsat, Giorgio Giacomini, Khalid Balkheyour, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Video Exchange, Worldwide
1.2 million paying HD+ households in Germany at end-June 2013
Jul 26, 2013 – SES S.A. (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has reported results for the six months ended 30 June 2013. In Germany, the HD+ platform continued to develop well, with 2.7 million active households at the end of June 2013, of which 1.2 million are paying households.
News categories: SES S.A, Content Distribution, Germany, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA
Jun 11, 2013 – GlobeCast and SES (Paris;LuxX:SESG) have announced that they are providing services to Orange Romania for the launch of a satellite Direct-to-Home TV package this month. The package on ASTRA at 31.5°E will be broadcast using the DVB-S2 and MPEG4 technical standards.
News categories: SES S.A, GlobeCast, Orange, Content Distribution, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Romania, Satellite
GlobeCast to Launch Australasia's First MPEG-4 Service on Optus D2
Oct 24, 2012 – GlobeCast Australia has announced an upgrade that will allow the company to deliver its customers the first MPEG-4 services on the Optus D2 DTH satellite platform. GlobeCast will commence its new MPEG-4 service with its channel partner RTS SAT.
News categories: GlobeCast, RTS SAT, Australia, New Zealand, Satellite
GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 Expand HbbTV Trial
Sep 20, 2012 – GlobeCast and FRANCE 24 have announced that they will expand their exploratory Hybrid Broadband Broadcast Television (HbbTV) service to the Middle East in fall 2012 with the support of Orange and Arabsat.
News categories: GlobeCast, FRANCE 24, Orange, Arabsat, Content Distribution, HbbTV, Middle-East, Satellite
httv to launch 'HbbTV Starter Kit' at IBC
Aug 28, 2012 – At this year's IBC, httv will release the first commercial version of its 'HbbTV Starter Kit', a lightweight play-out product for HbbTV services prototyping, validation and demo. This new product completes the httv's HbbTV product range.
News categories: httv, HbbTV, IBC2019, Middleware
GlobeCast Launches MyGlobeTV, an OTT Platform for International Content
Apr 18, 2012 – GlobeCast has announced the launch of MyGlobeTV -- a new over-the-top (OTT) platform for international broadcasters in the Americas. MyGlobeTV is a B-2-C television bouquet that brings international and genre-based audiovisual content directly to subscribers.
News categories: GlobeCast, Netgem, Digital TV, DVR, NABShow, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
4EVER Consortium to advance Ultra-HDTV technologies
Apr 12, 2012 – ATEME has announced the launch of a French research program to reduce the bandwidth required for the delivery of Ultra High Definition Television using High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC - MPEG-H Part 2).
News categories: 4EVER, ATEME, Content Distribution, Digital TV, France
Intelsat New Dawn MCPC Media Platform Debuts in Africa
Feb 29, 2012 – Intelsat and GlobeCast have announced the launch of the Intelsat Ku-band MCPC platform for Africa. The platform provides a solution for programmers wishing to expand their distribution to cable and DTH services across sub-Saharan Africa.
News categories: Intelsat, GlobeCast, Africa, Content Distribution, Satellite
- NBC/Telemundo and NBC Sports offer local TV attribution with TVSquared
- DISH Media taps FreeWheel for both traditional and addressable linear TV
- Comcast and NuEyes enable customers with visual disabilities to see TV with Smartglasses
- Kantar to continue delivering TV trading currency in Israel
- TiVo chooses SpotX for monetization of CTV ad inventory
- SiTune introduces TV tuner for mobile ATSC 3.0 and 5G Broadcast
- Tappx to develop programmatic Server-Side Ad Insertion platform for TV
- TV Analytics market to grow to $655.4 million by 2025
- Telefónica moves RTVE video and radio content to HOTBIRD at 13°E
- VIZIO launches Direct Advertising business
- US media players get on AVOD bandwagon as market revenue soars
- Tru Optik partners with JamLoop for audience targeting on OTT/CTV
- Nordics lose a generation of viewers
- Hotstar releases India Watch Report 2019
- Juniper Research makes Top Ten Tech Predictions for 2020
- A1 Telekom partners with Vubiquity for TVOD launch in Bulgaria
- Strategy Analytics makes Media & Entertainment predictions for 2020
- Undertone and TVadSync create cross-platform TV targeting engine
- Global advertisers to increase adspend by 4.3% in 2020
- Amino and 24i to evolve Youfone's TV offering