Digital TV News: Google TV
STMicroelectronics begins Ultra-HDp60 STB chip shipments
Jan 7, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has begun delivering to lead customers its latest Ultra-HDp60 quad-core system-on-chip ICs (STiH314/318 and STiH414/418), part of its Cannes/ Monaco family. Several OEMs have already selected the SoCs for next-generation Ultra-HD products.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Philippe Notton, Android TV, CES2020, Digital TV, ICs, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics introduces UltraHD and HEVC set-top box chips
Sep 12, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has introduced two set-top box System-on-Chip (SoC) families, codenamed 'Cannes' and 'Monaco', that include devices with UltraHD resolution (2160p) and HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) video-decoding support.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Amidst strong competition Smart Set-top Boxes and Dongles continue to grow
Aug 26, 2013 – The smart set-top box and dongle market is expected to pass 18 million units in 2013--higher than originally forecasted due to the arrival of Google's Chromecast device. Overall the market is expected to grow with a 10.8% CAGR (2013 to 2018), says ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
TiVo launches Roamio DVR for live, recorded, and OTT TV
Aug 20, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of the TiVo Roamio DVR, the all-in-one approach to live, recorded, on-demand and over-the-top television that gives consumers what they want on any screen, wherever they are.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Humax unveils the world's first HTML5 based smart set-top box
Jul 18, 2013 – Humax has announced that it will supply T-broad with the smart set-top boxes based on HTML5. It is the world's first commercialized HTML5 based product and was developed for Smart Plus, the pay tv service T-broad launched last month.
News categories: Humax, T-broad, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box
PlayOn brings Aereo content to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and Android devices
Jul 9, 2013 – PlayOn has announced the availability of its Aereo Channel for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Google TV, Wii, Wii U and Android mobile devices. When coupled with Aereo, PlayOn provides New York, Boston and Atlanta users with a complete cable cutting solution.
News categories: Aereo, PlayOn, Digital TV, Games Console, Mobile, OTT, Tablet, USA
LG unveils smart set-top boxes at Cable Show 2013
Jun 10, 2013 – At the 2013 Cable Show, LG Electronics has unveiled a range of energy efficient smart set-top boxes designed to help cable operators capitalize on the Smart TV explosion, accelerate the transition to IPTV and deliver the combination of live, linear and OTT TV that consumers demand.
News categories: LG Electronics, Cable TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
iWedia to demonstrate software solutions for IPTV, Google TV, OTT, and SAT>IP devices at TV Connect 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – iWedia has announced that it will be showcasing a collection of software solutions for connected TV devices during TV Connect 2013. With an offering that covers IPTV, Google TV, OTT, and SAT>IP, iWedia affirms itself as the software partner of choice for connected TV devices.
News categories: iWedia, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
iWedia selected by Google as Software integrator for Google TV
Jan 9, 2013 – iWedia has announced that it has concluded an agreement with Google (NASDAQ:GOOG) to provide iWedia integration services to Google partners wishing to deploy the Google TV platform in their products.
News categories: iWedia, Google TV, Blu-ray, CES2020, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs
- Dataxis compares Europe, Latam with U.S. AVOD market
- HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
- Alphonso signs ACR distribution deals with Seiki and Skyworth
- THEO Technologies and Synamedia form HESP Alliance
- U.S. consumers spend nearly seven hours per week watching online video
- NEXTGEN TV launches at four TV stations in Salt Lake City
- FCC designates Huawei and ZTE as national security threats
- STARZPLAY available from UPC Switzerland
- Verizon Media launches TV tune-in attribution with Inscape
- Eros Now partners with Dish TV India
- NexGuard watermarking integrated into AWS Elemental MediaConvert
- TRAI reports pay TV numbers for India at end-2019
- Altibox takes Verimatrix security into the Cloud
- Consolidated Communications introduces CCiTV in Texas
- Brat TV chooses Amagi to expand streaming TV footprint
- Churn rate for U.S. OTT services at 41% in Q1 2020
- Origin Broadband launches Origin TV in the UK with Netgem
- Mobile operators to generate 170 million SVOD subscribers