Digital TV News: Google TV
ADB brings Android TV into the pay TV operator arena
Sep 28, 2017 – ADB has announced that Android TV is now part of its graphyne2 family. From now on, pay TV operators, can also provide access to Google TV services like YouTube, Chromecast and Google Play Store, whilst keeping all the benefits of ADB's graphyne2 suite.
News categories: ADB, Jacek Galik, Frank Kessaratos, Android TV, Digital TV, IBCShowcase, UX, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics begins Ultra-HDp60 STB chip shipments
Jan 7, 2015 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has begun delivering to lead customers its latest Ultra-HDp60 quad-core system-on-chip ICs (STiH314/318 and STiH414/418), part of its Cannes/ Monaco family. Several OEMs have already selected the SoCs for next-generation Ultra-HD products.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Philippe Notton, Android TV, CES2021, Digital TV, ICs, RDK, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Worldwide
STMicroelectronics introduces UltraHD and HEVC set-top box chips
Sep 12, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE:STM) has introduced two set-top box System-on-Chip (SoC) families, codenamed 'Cannes' and 'Monaco', that include devices with UltraHD resolution (2160p) and HEVC (High Efficiency Video Coding) video-decoding support.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Gian Luca Bertino, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Amidst strong competition Smart Set-top Boxes and Dongles continue to grow
Aug 26, 2013 – The smart set-top box and dongle market is expected to pass 18 million units in 2013--higher than originally forecasted due to the arrival of Google's Chromecast device. Overall the market is expected to grow with a 10.8% CAGR (2013 to 2018), says ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
TiVo launches Roamio DVR for live, recorded, and OTT TV
Aug 20, 2013 – TiVo (NASDAQ: TIVO) has announced the launch of the TiVo Roamio DVR, the all-in-one approach to live, recorded, on-demand and over-the-top television that gives consumers what they want on any screen, wherever they are.
News categories: TiVo Inc, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Humax unveils the world's first HTML5 based smart set-top box
Jul 18, 2013 – Humax has announced that it will supply T-broad with the smart set-top boxes based on HTML5. It is the world's first commercialized HTML5 based product and was developed for Smart Plus, the pay tv service T-broad launched last month.
News categories: Humax, T-broad, Cable TV, Digital TV, Korea, Middleware, Set Top Box
PlayOn brings Aereo content to PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and Android devices
Jul 9, 2013 – PlayOn has announced the availability of its Aereo Channel for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Google TV, Wii, Wii U and Android mobile devices. When coupled with Aereo, PlayOn provides New York, Boston and Atlanta users with a complete cable cutting solution.
News categories: Aereo, PlayOn, Digital TV, Gaming, Mobile, OTT, Tablet, USA
LG unveils smart set-top boxes at Cable Show 2013
Jun 10, 2013 – At the 2013 Cable Show, LG Electronics has unveiled a range of energy efficient smart set-top boxes designed to help cable operators capitalize on the Smart TV explosion, accelerate the transition to IPTV and deliver the combination of live, linear and OTT TV that consumers demand.
News categories: LG Electronics, Cable TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
iWedia to demonstrate software solutions for IPTV, Google TV, OTT, and SAT>IP devices at TV Connect 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – iWedia has announced that it will be showcasing a collection of software solutions for connected TV devices during TV Connect 2013. With an offering that covers IPTV, Google TV, OTT, and SAT>IP, iWedia affirms itself as the software partner of choice for connected TV devices.
News categories: iWedia, Gateway, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Video Exchange
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0