Digital TV News: Google TV
Hisense and PacketVideo Partner to Bring Twonky-Enabled Connected TVs to the Global Market
Jan 8, 2013 – PacketVideo has announced that its Twonky software has been selected by Hisense for use in its Google TV products and select Linux connected TVs. Twonky allows users to play content from any device in their local network, or use their mobile phone or tablet to control the TV.
News categories: PacketVideo, Hisense, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Marvell Powers TCL Smart TV and Set-top Box with Google TV
Jan 8, 2013 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) and TCL have announced that TCL is the first company to offer both a Smart TV (Movo) and set-top box (MoVo Box) with Google TV, powered by Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 series SoC platform (88DE3100).
News categories: Marvell, TCL, Google TV, CES2021, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Marvell Empowers NETGEAR NeoTV PRIME with Google TV
Jan 8, 2013 – Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced that its ARMADA®1500 series System-on-Chip (SoC) platform (88DE3100) will power the NeoTV PRIME with Google TV from NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR). Marvell will demonstrate the device at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show.
News categories: Marvell, NETGEAR, Google TV, CES2021, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Marvell and ASUS Team Up to Deliver Qube with Google TV Media Streamer
Jan 8, 2013 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced that its ARMADA® 1500 series System-on-Chip (SoC) platform (88DE3100) will power the new ASUS Qube with Google TV media streamer. Marvell and ASUS will demonstrate the ASUS Qube with Google TV at CES.
News categories: Marvell, ASUS, CES2021, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Marvell and Hisense Introduce Smart TVs and Set-top Boxes with Google TV
Jan 8, 2013 – Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced that its ARMADA®1500 series System-on-Chip (88DE3100) is at the core of new Google TV products from Hisense, including the Hisense Pulse and the XT780 Smart TV series.
News categories: Marvell, Hisense, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
One Hundred Million Smart TVs Now In Use Worldwide
Jan 3, 2013 – According to new research from Strategy Analytics, by the end of 2012, the global installed base of smart TVs had reached 104 million. In leading markets like the US household penetration now exceeds 20 percent.
News categories: Strategy Analytics, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
LG to showcase two new models featuring Google TV at CES 2013
Dec 24, 2012 – LG Electronics will introduce an extended Google TV lineup at the 2013 CES. Google's latest platform and LG's redesigned Magic Remote Qwerty work together to enhance the effectiveness of Voice Search and the PrimeTime quick guide.
News categories: LG Electronics, Google TV, CES2021, OTT, Smart TV, USA
Smart TVs purchased in 2012 effectively obsolete by 2015
Nov 28, 2012 – With their long lifecycles, TVs are not the right device to be the hub of the digital home. Instead, devices that are regularly replaced will be the key devices in the digital home experience, according to Informa Telecoms & Media.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Smart TV
LG U+ Deploys Envivio Encoders for First Google TV Service in Korea
Nov 28, 2012 – Envivio (Nasdaq:ENVI) has announced that LG U+ has deployed Envivio encoding solutions to power its new LG u+tv G multi-screen service, the first service offering in South Korea to support Google TV.
News categories: Envivio, Uplus, Google TV, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV, Korea, TV Everywhere
- Ofcom releases Media Nations 2020 report
- RADIO.COM expands connected TV footprint with Vewd
- NAGRA multi-DRM selected for Grupo Express OTT service in Argentina
- V-Nova and NETINT collaborate on MPEG-5 LCEVC transcoding
- Bell Canada releases Android TV 4K HDR streaming box
- Mongolia's Skymedia upgrades to Minerva 10
- INVIDI extends addressable TV partnership with Tata Elxsi
- Finecast brings audience measurement to Australian BVOD platforms
- SVOD subscriptions grew by 28% in 2019
- ATEME negotiating acquisition of ANEVIA
- Charter residential video customers up 102,000 in 2Q 2020
- QNET Telecom selects ATEME for video transcoding
- Discovery joins On Addressability dynamic ad insertion initiative
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 477,000 in 2Q 2020
- 3SS and Hoppr enable monetization on Android TV
- Liberty Latin America to acquire Telefónica’s operations in Costa Rica
- Amagi delivers 30+ live and linear channels on The Roku Channel
- KDDI selects VisualOn media player for au Smart Pass
- PMG and American Tower partner to accelerate ATSC 3.0 SFN deployment
- Eurofins updates testing services for CI Plus 2.0