Digital TV News: Gordon Smith
'NEXTGEN TV' announced as go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0
Sep 26, 2019 – The CTA has announced 'NEXTGEN TV' as the go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0 technology. The association also unveiled a NEXTGEN TV logo for devices meeting newly developed ATSC 3.0 interoperability test specifications.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, John Taylor, ATSC, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
NAB and CTA to run experimental ATSC 3.0 site in Cleveland, Ohio
Nov 7, 2017 – As the FCC prepares to vote this month to authorize voluntary implementation of the new Next Gen TV broadcast standard, the broadcasting and consumer technology industries are collaborating on a 'living laboratory' ATSC 3.0 test station in Cleveland, Ohio.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Consumer Technology Association, Gordon Smith, Gary Shapiro, Bill VanDuynhoven, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Mobile500 Alliance Forms to Accelerate the Availability of Mobile Digital Television Across the U.S.
Sep 8, 2010 – A coalition of leading television broadcasters has announced the formation of the Mobile500 Alliance to accelerate the availability of mobile digital television, or Mobile DTV, service to consumers nationwide.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Mobile, USA
Mobile DTV Marketplace Showcases Consumer Technology Advances at 2010 NAB Show
Apr 12, 2010 – The Mobile Digital TV Marketplace at the NAB Show is showcasing the wide variety of mobile TV products coming in 2010, ranging from mobile phones and accessories, to USB receivers, in-vehicle displays, personal computers, portable TVs, and much more.
News categories: Mobile, NABShow, USA
- Disney+ expected to reach 101 million subscribers
- Looper Insights adds set-top box VOD store content visibility
- MediaTek 8K DTV SoC begins volume production at TSMC
- BC Partners-owned United Group acquires Vivacom
- DISH Network pay TV subscribers up 148,000 in 3Q 2019
- Wurl extends its Samsung TV Plus footprint to Europe
- Maxis launches PAYG passes for VOD streaming
- Liberty Latin America sells Cable & Wireless Seychelles
- U.S. pay TV household penetration down to 75%
- Extreme Reach and Verance partner on reporting for Addressable TV
- NBA TV becomes 1st league network to launch SVOD service
- Openview renews satellite TV content protection with NAGRA
- MediaMath bidding infrastructure to integrate LiveRamp identities
- Sabio launches Advanced TV solution
- Enea Openwave optimizes Apple TV+ streaming
- U.S. Connected TV ad spending will grow nearly 40% in 2019
- Streaming TV showing significant increase in viewership and quality
- Stofa releases Tv-boks based on Android TV
- Apple TV+ now available
- DTG publishes latest UK TV specifications in D-Book 12