Digital TV News: Gordon Smith
NAB Show reveals plans for NAB Show Express
Apr 13, 2020 – NAB Show Express will take place May 13–14, 2020. The platform is free and offers three educational channels, on-demand content and a Solutions Marketplace featuring exhibitor product information, announcements and demos.
News categories: NAB Show, Digital TV, NABShow, USA, Worldwide
LG introduces ATSC 3.0-enabled OLED TVs in USA
Jan 8, 2020 – LG, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television standard, is ushering in the era of NEXTGEN TV with the introduction of six advanced new LG OLED TV models equipped to receive new services with enhanced content, pictures and sound.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, Madeleine Noland, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0 takes center stage at CES 2020
Jan 3, 2020 – NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0, will be one of the key technologies highlighted at CES. The first U.S. consumer receivers with integrated NEXTGEN TV are expected to be announced, highlighting the key consumer benefits of the system.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, ATSC 3.0, CES2021, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
'NEXTGEN TV' announced as go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0
Sep 26, 2019 – The CTA has announced 'NEXTGEN TV' as the go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0 technology. The association also unveiled a NEXTGEN TV logo for devices meeting newly developed ATSC 3.0 interoperability test specifications.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, John Taylor, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC 3.0, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
NAB and CTA to run experimental ATSC 3.0 site in Cleveland, Ohio
Nov 7, 2017 – As the FCC prepares to vote this month to authorize voluntary implementation of the new Next Gen TV broadcast standard, the broadcasting and consumer technology industries are collaborating on a 'living laboratory' ATSC 3.0 test station in Cleveland, Ohio.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Consumer Technology Association, Gordon Smith, Gary Shapiro, Bill VanDuynhoven, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Mobile500 Alliance Forms to Accelerate the Availability of Mobile Digital Television Across the U.S.
Sep 8, 2010 – A coalition of leading television broadcasters has announced the formation of the Mobile500 Alliance to accelerate the availability of mobile digital television, or Mobile DTV, service to consumers nationwide.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Mobile, USA
Mobile DTV Marketplace Showcases Consumer Technology Advances at 2010 NAB Show
Apr 12, 2010 – The Mobile Digital TV Marketplace at the NAB Show is showcasing the wide variety of mobile TV products coming in 2010, ranging from mobile phones and accessories, to USB receivers, in-vehicle displays, personal computers, portable TVs, and much more.
News categories: Mobile, NABShow, USA
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0