Digital TV News: Gordon Smith
LG introduces ATSC 3.0-enabled OLED TVs in USA
Jan 8, 2020 – LG, co-developer of the ATSC 3.0 next-generation television standard, is ushering in the era of NEXTGEN TV with the introduction of six advanced new LG OLED TV models equipped to receive new services with enhanced content, pictures and sound.
News categories: LG Electronics, Tim Alessi, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, Madeleine Noland, ATSC, CES2020, Digital TV, Middleware, Smart TV, USA
NEXTGEN TV powered by ATSC 3.0 takes center stage at CES 2020
Jan 3, 2020 – NEXTGEN TV, powered by ATSC 3.0, will be one of the key technologies highlighted at CES. The first U.S. consumer receivers with integrated NEXTGEN TV are expected to be announced, highlighting the key consumer benefits of the system.
News categories: ATSC, Madeleine Noland, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, ATSC, CES2020, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Middleware, USA
'NEXTGEN TV' announced as go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0
Sep 26, 2019 – The CTA has announced 'NEXTGEN TV' as the go-to-market name for ATSC 3.0 technology. The association also unveiled a NEXTGEN TV logo for devices meeting newly developed ATSC 3.0 interoperability test specifications.
News categories: Consumer Technology Association, Gary Shapiro, Gordon Smith, Anne Schelle, John Taylor, ATSC, Digital TV, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial, USA
Build-out plans announced for Next-Gen TV in top 40 U.S. TV markets
Apr 8, 2019 – At the 2019 NAB Show, a broad coalition of broadcast television station groups announced plans to deploy Next-Gen TV in the 40 largest U.S. TV markets by the end of 2020. The market-driven effort builds on the testing and rollouts that have already taken place.
News categories: Pearl TV, Anne Schelle, ATSC, Digital TV, NABShow, USA
NAB and CTA to run experimental ATSC 3.0 site in Cleveland, Ohio
Nov 7, 2017 – As the FCC prepares to vote this month to authorize voluntary implementation of the new Next Gen TV broadcast standard, the broadcasting and consumer technology industries are collaborating on a 'living laboratory' ATSC 3.0 test station in Cleveland, Ohio.
News categories: National Association of Broadcasters, Consumer Technology Association, Gordon Smith, Gary Shapiro, Bill VanDuynhoven, ATSC, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Terrestrial, USA
Mobile500 Alliance Forms to Accelerate the Availability of Mobile Digital Television Across the U.S.
Sep 8, 2010 – A coalition of leading television broadcasters has announced the formation of the Mobile500 Alliance to accelerate the availability of mobile digital television, or Mobile DTV, service to consumers nationwide.
News categories: Mobile500 Alliance, Mobile, USA
Mobile DTV Marketplace Showcases Consumer Technology Advances at 2010 NAB Show
Apr 12, 2010 – The Mobile Digital TV Marketplace at the NAB Show is showcasing the wide variety of mobile TV products coming in 2010, ranging from mobile phones and accessories, to USB receivers, in-vehicle displays, personal computers, portable TVs, and much more.
News categories: Mobile, NABShow, USA
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform
- Vidgo launches live streaming service with Harmonic
- IPTV service revenue in Korea to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% to 2024
- Tech4home unveils Voice Remote Control for RDK and Metrological STBs
- Skyworth unveils smart home lineup at CES
- SK Telecom and Sinclair Broadcast launch ATSC 3.0 joint venture
- U.S. digital media entertainment spending up 8.4% in 2019