Digital TV News: Graham North
HUMAX unveils FVP-5000T Freeview Play Recorder
Sep 27, 2017 – HUMAX has introduced its easiest-to-use Freeview Play Recorder yet with the launch of the FVP-5000T. Simple to install and set up, this new HD TV recorder includes integrated Wi-Fi connectivity, delivering an extensive range of catch up and on demand content services.
News categories: HUMAX, Graham North, Digital TV, DVR, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Humax adds Netflix to Freesat with Freetime STBs
Dec 15, 2015 – Humax has announced that its Freesat with Freetime set-top boxes will be the first in its product range to roll out Netflix. Netflix will be available on the Humax Freesat with Freetime HDR-1000S 500GB, HDR-1010S 1TB, HB-1000S, and HDR-1100S.
News categories: Humax, Freesat, Netflix, Graham North, Paul Gilshan, Digital TV, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Humax Freeview Play STB based on Opera HbbTV 2.0 SDK
Oct 19, 2015 – Opera TV has announced that Humax's new UK set-top boxes, unveiled last week, will be the first live deployment of its HbbTV 2.0 SDK. Humax's new set-top boxes are the first Freeview-Play-enabled devices.
News categories: Opera TV, Humax, Aneesh Rajaram, Graham North, Digital TV, HbbTV, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Humax and Freesat launch compact and connected Freetime box
Jul 15, 2015 – Humax and Freesat have launched the most compact and affordable Freetime set-top box recorder to date, bringing the benefits of the subscription free satellite TV service to a wider group of cost-conscious consumers in the UK.
News categories: Freesat, Humax, Paul Gilshan, Graham North, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Humax launches 500GB YouView box in the UK
Jul 14, 2014 – YouView has announced the launch of a new set-top box from Humax. The Humax YouView DTR-T2000 / 500GB is the most compact and fastest box from the YouView Humax range to date and is priced at £199.
News categories: YouView, Humax, Graham North, David Faulkner, Digital TV, DVR, OTT, Terrestrial, UK
'Freesat HD with freetime' box from Humax launches in UK
Sep 12, 2013 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced the launch of a new Freesat HD with freetime box. The freetime box is manufactured by Humax and will be available to buy from the 12th of September.
News categories: Humax, Freesat, Matthew Huntington, Graham North, Digital TV, Satellite, Set Top Box, UK
Humax Licenses Intertrust Marlin Technology for YouView Set Top Boxes
Mar 22, 2011 – Humax and Intertrust have announced that Humax has licensed Intertrust's Marlin Client SDK for its development of digital Set Top Boxes for YouView in the United Kingdom (UK).
News categories: Intertrust, Humax, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK, Video Exchange
Humax TV Portal Launches with ANT Galio Platform
Feb 9, 2011 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Humax (KOSDAQ:028080) has launched its new TV Portal using the ANT Galio Platform. An automatic over-the-air update ran from Friday 4th to Sunday 6th February to all Humax HDR-FOX T2 Freeview+ HD set-top boxes in the UK.
News categories: ANT plc, Humax, Digital TV, DVR, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Humax selects ANT Galio Platform to deliver Sky Player
Sep 13, 2010 – ANT (LSE AIM: ANTP) has announced that Humax (KOSDAQ:028080) has selected ANT to deliver a Sky Player implementation for use with its Freeview HD products. ANT's implementation of the Sky Player was developed in collaboration with BSkyB (LSE:BSY).
News categories: ANT plc, Humax, Sky Player, Freeview, Digital TV, DVR, Media Player, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv
- SeaChange selected by Midco to monetize video streaming service