Digital TV News: Greg Hart
Comcast rolling-out Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1
Dec 5, 2018 – Comcast and Amazon have announced that the Prime Video service will launch over the next week on Comcast’s Xfinity X1. With Amazon Prime Video integrated into the X1 guide, customers can easily browse the Prime Video catalog on Xfinity on Demand.
News categories: Comcast, Prime Video, Matt Strauss, Greg Hart, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon Prime Video app to be available on Comcast's X1 later this year
Aug 2, 2018 – Comcast and Amazon have announced a deal to launch Prime Video on Comcast’s Xfinity X1 - the first time that Amazon Prime Video content has been integrated on an MVPD platform in the US.
News categories: Comcast, Amazon, Dana Strong, Greg Hart, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
CBS All Access now available on Amazon Channels
Jan 5, 2018 – CBS All Access, CBS’ SVOD and live streaming service, and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have launched the ability for Amazon Prime members to add CBS All Access’ commercial-free offering to their Prime membership with Amazon Channels.
News categories: CBS All Access, Amazon, Rob Gelick, Greg Hart, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Samsung and Amazon Prime Video first with HDR10+ content
Dec 13, 2017 – Samsung and Amazon Prime Video have announced that the entire Prime Video HDR library is now available in HDR10+, a standard that uses dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on TVs.
News categories: Samsung, Amazon Prime Video, Sang Yoon Kim, Greg Hart, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung and Amazon introduce HDR10+
Apr 20, 2017 – Samsung and Amazon Video have announced the introduction of HDR10+, an updated open standard that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on an expanded range of televisions.
News categories: Samsung, Amazon Video, Kyoungwon Lim, Greg Hart, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
- Realtek, Jiuzhou join NAGRA Android TV Reference Program for Pay TV operators
- Syncbak to debut simplified OTT syndication and monetization tools at NATPE 2020
- No growth expected for MENA pay TV revenues
- Indian communication satellite GSAT-30 launched successfully
- NBCUniversal unveils Peacock freemium streaming service
- Comscore TV viewing data used to predict advertising audience decline
- Majority of U.S. advertisers using Advanced TV solutions
- US broadband households interested in innovative offerings accessed via TV
- U.S. advertising and marketing spend to grow to $390 billion in 2020
- Bannister Lake integrates MPEG-DASH into data aggregation workflow
- NextGen TV offers clear upside potential according to BIA
- ANA and Innovid release Connected TV insights report
- Insight TV taps Amagi for OTT channel distribution
- Cincinnati Bell, Hawaiian Telcom partner with YouTube TV
- TELUS launches dedicated hayu app on Optik TV
- App Annie releases The State of Mobile 2020 report
- Piracy and account sharing cost U.S. pay TV and OTT operators over $9bn in 2019
- Market for Android TVs to grow to $231 billion by 2026
- Foxxum to develop app store for Konka ODM TVs
- Cerence joins with LG to develop AI-powered connected car platform