Digital TV News: Greg Hart
Comcast rolling-out Amazon Prime Video on Xfinity X1
Dec 5, 2018 – Comcast and Amazon have announced that the Prime Video service will launch over the next week on Comcast’s Xfinity X1. With Amazon Prime Video integrated into the X1 guide, customers can easily browse the Prime Video catalog on Xfinity on Demand.
News categories: Comcast, Prime Video, Matt Strauss, Greg Hart, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Amazon Prime Video app to be available on Comcast's X1 later this year
Aug 2, 2018 – Comcast and Amazon have announced a deal to launch Prime Video on Comcast’s Xfinity X1 - the first time that Amazon Prime Video content has been integrated on an MVPD platform in the US.
News categories: Comcast, Amazon, Dana Strong, Greg Hart, Apps, Cable TV, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
CBS All Access now available on Amazon Channels
Jan 5, 2018 – CBS All Access, CBS’ SVOD and live streaming service, and Amazon (NASDAQ: AMZN) have launched the ability for Amazon Prime members to add CBS All Access’ commercial-free offering to their Prime membership with Amazon Channels.
News categories: CBS All Access, Amazon, Rob Gelick, Greg Hart, Digital TV, OTT, USA
Samsung and Amazon Prime Video first with HDR10+ content
Dec 13, 2017 – Samsung and Amazon Prime Video have announced that the entire Prime Video HDR library is now available in HDR10+, a standard that uses dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on TVs.
News categories: Samsung, Amazon Prime Video, Sang Yoon Kim, Greg Hart, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, Worldwide
Samsung and Amazon introduce HDR10+
Apr 20, 2017 – Samsung and Amazon Video have announced the introduction of HDR10+, an updated open standard that leverages dynamic metadata to produce enhanced contrast and colors on an expanded range of televisions.
News categories: Samsung, Amazon Video, Kyoungwon Lim, Greg Hart, Digital TV, Smart TV, Worldwide
- UK leads Europe's TV market into cord-cutting era
- Tremor Video DSP introduces Private Marketplace Packages
- Comcast cable video subscribers down 121,000 in 1Q 2019
- Tata Sky adds recommendations to mobile and desktop apps with ThinkAnalytics
- One-third of U.S. TV content viewers report owning an antenna
- Anevia selected by INEA for multi-screen TV on ADB's platform
- Videa to use Red Bee Media metadata in automated TV ad offering
- RCN chooses TiVo’s Next-Gen Platform
- U.S. installed base of AR head-mounted devices to reach 6.5m units by 2025
- AT&T US down 627k; Vrio down 32k video subs in 1Q 2019
- TalkTalk TV STBs gain access to Amazon Prime
- M7 app integrated with Vestel-produced smart TVs
- INKA Entworks announces SPEKE API integration with AWS Elemental
- Digital conversion boosts Eastern European pay TV
- Airtel renews long-term partnership with Synamedia
- Astro partners with Synamedia for new video services
- Eros Now strikes distribution deal with TCL in India
- NAGRA and PT LinkNet extend content protection to hybrid Android TV service
- Majority of US homes to have a Smart Speaker next year
- IAB releases for comment specification to improve video advertising