Digital TV News: HANDAN
Dish TV launches 'Watcho’ OTT app and forays into original content
Apr 25, 2019 – Dish TV India has announced the launch of OTT app 'Watcho'. Watcho aims to offer content catering to young audiences across the country and not just Urban India. Dish TV is the first DTH company in India to launch a dedicated OTT platform with its own original content.
News categories: Dish TV India, Watcho, Anil Dua, Akash Tyagi, Apps, Digital TV, India, OTT
Dish TV India launches hybrid STB with HANDAN and ALi
Jan 30, 2019 – ALi Corporation, Dish TV India and HANDAN have announced that they have further extended their partnership by launching the latest hybrid solution, 'Dish Box', to enrich TV the experience for subscribers in India.
News categories: ALi Corp, Dish TV India, HANDAN, Daniel Huang, V.K. Gupta, Y. Lee, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ICFLIX launches on Xbox One console
Oct 24, 2016 – Gamers in the MENA region can now instantly stream movies and TV series by downloading the ICFLIX app via their Xbox One video game and entertainment system, MENA's leading Internet streaming service, ICFLIX, has announced.
News categories: ICFLIX, Microsoft, Carlos Tibi, Kanta Mirchandani, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, Middle-East, OTT
Pay TV STB market contracts for the first time in 12 years
Jun 29, 2015 – Pay TV operators purchased $15.3 billion worth of set-top boxes (STBs) in 2014, down from $15.9 billion in 2013. This decline represents the first contraction in the market since 2002, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Daniel Simmons, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, Worldwide
MobiTV Eclipses Six Million Subscriber Mark
Feb 17, 2009 – MobiTV has announced the company's latest milestone, surpassing six million subscribers on its managed mobile media service.
News categories: MobiTV, Mobile, MWC19, Subscribers
China Digital TV Chosen as Conditional Access System Provider by Hebei Media Information Network Holdings Co., Ltd.
May 29, 2008 – China Digital TV Holding (NYSE: STV) has announced that the company has been chosen as the conditional access (CA) system provider to Hebei Media Information Network Holdings Co., Ltd. (Hebei TV Network).
News categories: China Digital TV Holding, Cable TV, CAM, China, Conditional Access, Digital TV
- FreeWheel releases Q1 2019 Video Marketplace report
- Expert System adds MovieLabs Creative Works Ontology support
- Megacable adds 21k video subscribers in 2Q 2019
- Virtual Assistant shipments to exceed 2.3 billion in 2023
- Telecom Egypt and CNE to launch IPTV
- All Media Baltics chooses Atende Software OTT platform
- CEVA acquires Hillcrest Labs
- Global semiconductor revenue forecast to decline 9.6% in 2019
- iflix secures new round of funding
- Malaysia runs analogue switchover pilot in Langkawi
- ITV and BBC sign agreement to launch BritBox
- Inca ABR transcoder approved for MOBITV CONNECT deployments
- UK CE market forecast to grow 4% in 2019
- India: 79% of the smartphone users using OTT apps for entertainment
- Peach advertising delivery platform launched
- Liberty Global Vodafone deal approved by European Commission
- Altice France unveils SFR Box 8
- ATEME and Eurovision Services run BISS-CA watermarking trial
- Netflix US streaming subscribers down 126k in 2Q 2019
- Pay-TV Innovation Forum releases sports OTT report