Digital TV News: HBO
Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
Oct 26, 2020 – According to Futuresource Consulting, the Spanish video market has witnessed a polarisation of fortunes in 2020. While many segments have been heavily impacted, others have seen their audiences expand.
News categories: Futuresource Consulting, Joanna Wright, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Spain
AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
Oct 22, 2020 – AT&T (NYSE:T) has reported results for the third quarter of 2020. Total U.S. video subscribers were down 627 thousand in the quarter. For Vrio in Latin America, net subscribers were up 229,000.
News categories: AT&T, Digital TV, IPTV, Latin America, OTT, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
Oct 21, 2020 – Gamut has announced the selection of iSpot as its connected TV (CTV) ACR measurement provider. Gamut will use iSpot's capabilities to measure the incremental reach of its local OTT ad campaigns.
News categories: Gamut, iSpot, Soo Jin Oh, Stuart Schwartzapfel, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, USA
WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
Oct 20, 2020 – AT&T and WarnerMedia have announced that select GM drivers will have access to WarnerMedia RIDE, offering video content on smartphones or tablets connected to AT&T-powered in-car Wi-Fi hotspots.
News categories: WarnerMedia, AT&T, General Motors, Barry Loudis, Sarita Rao, Santiago Chamorro, Digital TV, In-Car, Mobile, OTT, USA
Eutelsat selected by Kabelio for new Swiss HD platform
Oct 15, 2020 – Eutelsat (Paris: ETL) has been selected by Kabelio for the launch of a new Swiss direct to home HD platform. The contract enables Kabelio to leverage the reach of Eutelsat’s HOTBIRD video neighborhood.
News categories: Eutelsat, Kabelio, Apostolos Triantafyllou, Damir Krilcic, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Satellite, Switzerland
RCN, Grande and Wave launch TiVo Stream 4K
Oct 15, 2020 – RCN, Grande and Wave have announced the availability of the TiVo Stream 4K. The device will be paired with RCN, Grande and Wave’s ultra-high-speed internet to bring its customers more home entertainment options.
News categories: RCN, TiVo, Chris Fenger, Digital TV, IPTV, OTT, Set Top Box, USA
Tata Elxsi selected as certified 3PL partner for Google Widevine
Oct 15, 2020 – Tata Elxsi has announced its selection as a 3PL certification partner for Google Widevine, to deliver secure premium content protection for Broadcast, Media, Consumer Electronics and Automotive applications.
News categories: Tata Elxsi, Widevine, Nitin Pai, Brian Baker, Content Protection, OTT, Worldwide
Household media spend stabilized in Sweden in Q3
Oct 13, 2020 – Mediavision’s analysis of spend on media services in Sweden points towards a stabilization in Q3, following substantial corona effects in Q2. During the spring, online video hit new heights which have now normalized.
News categories: Mediavision, Natalia Borelius, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Sweden
Irdeto DRM enables expansion of Cyta OTT offering
Oct 1, 2020 – Irdeto has announced that it will provide Cyta with its Irdeto Control DRM solution. With multi-DRM support and content usage management, Irdeto Control protects content delivered via PlayReady, Widevine and FairPlay.
News categories: Irdeto, Cyta, Shane McCarthy, Content Protection, Cyprus, Digital TV, DRM, OTT
- TV5MONDEplus launches globally with Red Bee and Dotscreen
- Netflix loses subscribers in Sweden
- Comscore announces advancements in cross-screen media measurement
- Spain's video entertainment market to grow to €4.5 Billion by 2024
- izzi deploys Android TV custom launcher from Mirada
- Bedrock streaming technology powers Salto
- NEXTGEN TV launches on six local TV stations in Mobile-Pensacola
- Comscore ad marketplace for Connected TV goes global
- Foxtel selects TiVo to power voice search
- Applicaster technology stack accelerates video app development
- AT&T U.S. down 627k; Vrio up 229k video subs in 3Q 2020
- Q1-Q3 2020 Smart TV sales up 14% in Germany
- Technicolor teams with Google to promote hybrid Android TV devices
- Gamut selects iSpot ACR for TV ad measurement
- BitRouter releases ATSC3pro receiver software update
- Deutsche TV-Plattform launches CI+ 2.0 initiative
- Ultra HD Forum updates Guidelines and plans watermarking API
- WarnerMedia RIDE streaming comes to AT&T-connected GM vehicles
- U.S. has close to 300 OTT video services
- ENENSYS ATSC 3.0 solution deployed by SEI and VSatcast