Digital TV News: HD PLUS
HD+ in Germany deploys TVkey Cloud by NAGRA and Samsung
Sep 10, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced that HD PLUS is the first operator to deploy TVkey Cloud on its HD+ satellite platform. TVkey Cloud brings pay-TV services directly to Smart TVs equipped with TVkey hardware root of trust.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD+, Maurice Van Riek, John Adam, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, IBCShowcase, Satellite, Smart TV
HD PLUS and NAGRA extend content protection partnership to Smart TVs
May 29, 2019 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and HD PLUS have renewed their technology partnership and extended it to include content protection on Smart TVs. NAGRA content protection supports the HD PLUS solution for Smart TVs not requiring an external device, such as a CAM or STB.
News categories: NAGRA, HD PLUS, Thierry Legrand, Georges Agnes, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Smart TV
TVkey launches at HD+ in Germany
Mar 6, 2017 – NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) and Samsung have announced the world’s first commercial deployment of TVkey at German satellite operator HD+. TVkey provides TV-platforms and pay-TV operators with a low-cost route to market for their services.
News categories: NAGRA, Samsung, HD PLUS, Pierre Roy, Hyogun Lee, Georges Agnes, Content Protection, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box
Number of HD+ subscribers in Germany passes two million mark
Feb 13, 2017 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that HD+ exceeded the two million subscriber mark in 2016. As of 31 December 2016, the satellite TV offer counted some 2,111,862 subscribers, 15 percent more than in 2015.
News categories: HD PLUS, SES S.A, Wilfried Urner, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Subscribers
ENENSYS selected by SBS in Korea for ATSC 3.0 rollout
Jan 18, 2017 – ENENSYS, working with partner SMC NS, has been selected by Seoul Broadcasting System (SBS) in Korea to supply its new ATSCheduler and IPGuard products for the launch of ATSC 3.0 DTT services in February this year.
News categories: ENENSYS, Seoul Broadcasting System, Colin Prior, Sang Jim Kim, ATSC 3.0, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Korea, Terrestrial
HD+ subscribers up 11.3% in 2015
Jan 29, 2016 – SES (Paris; Luxembourg: SESG) has announced that its German HD platform HD+ recorded an 11.3 percent increase in subscribers in 2015. HD+ had 1.84 million subscribers at year-end 2015, compared to 1.65 million at year-end 2014.
News categories: SES S.A, SES S.A, Wilfried Urner, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
HD+ unveils first HD+ embedded UHD TV
Jul 9, 2015 – HD+ (Paris and Luxembourg: SESG) and TechniSat have unveiled the first Ultra High-Definition (UHD) TV with integrated HD+ decryption system (no CI+ module for HD+ required). HD+ also announced the launch of its UHD demo channel in September.
News categories: HD PLUS, TechniSat, SES S.A, Georges Agnes, Digital TV, Germany, IFA2020, Satellite, Smart TV
UK's Freesat now in 1.9 million households
May 11, 2015 – Freesat, the UK's subscription-free satellite TV service, has announced a positive start to the year, including strong take-up of its connected TV service. Freesat is used in 1.9 million households, watched by four million viewers each week.
News categories: Freesat, Alistair Thom, Digital TV, Satellite, Subscribers, UK
FreeTV Alliance releases common Remote Control Specification
Mar 23, 2015 – The FreeTV Alliance has announced the availability of the first of its suite of technical specifications. The Remote Control Specification provides a way for an operator's mobile application to control the viewing experience on the TV screen.
News categories: FreeTV Alliance, Freesat, Tivù, Alberto Sigismondi, Matthew Huntington, Digital TV, France, Germany, Italy, Middleware, Satellite, UK
- Kaltura to migrate Cellcom TV to the Cloud
- Smart Home device market remains resilient despite pandemic
- Roku OS 9.4 to begin roll out to Roku devices
- Armstrong secures VOD launch with Verimatrix
- Global SVOD revenue to grow to $100 billion
- Amazon announces new Fire TV devices and redesigned UX
- ENENSYS announces ATSC 3.0 head end for hybrid delivery
- 605 signs measurement and analytics deal with Walmart
- AdLedger pilots OTT video ad deployment using blockchain
- VR market to grow despite pandemic blow to location-based segment
- Graham Media renews with Comscore for TV measurement
- 317 million SVOD subscriptions for the U.S. in 2025
- Clearcable adds Minerva Networks IPTV platform to offering
- BARB issues invitation to tender for five contracts
- Amino helps Colsecor add SENSA OTT to legacy set-top boxes
- 3SS provides technology for STINGTV app from Yes
- Discovery acquires assets of adtech start-up AdSparx
- SimulTV picks Limelight Edge services for global video delivery
- U.S. pay TV suffers historic cord-cutting
- SpotX unveils programmatic solutions for linear Addressable TV