Digital TV News: HEVC Advance
Technicolor joins the HEVC Advance patent pool
Oct 22, 2019 – HEVC Advance has announced that Technicolor has become a Licensee in the HEVC Advance HEVC/H.265 Patent Pool.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Technicolor, Peter Moller, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
Oct 15, 2019 – HEVC Advance has announced that JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery and Korean Patent Investment Corporation have become Licensors in the HEVC Advance HEVC/H.265 Patent Pool License Program.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance eliminates content distribution royalty fees
Mar 14, 2018 – HEVC Advance has announced that it has eliminated 'subscription' and 'title-by-title' content distribution from the HEVC Advance Patent License in an effort to further accelerate HEVC adoption and support distributors to bring the best video experience to consumers.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Pete Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance adds discounted royalty rate for cheaper STBs
Oct 24, 2017 – HEVC Advance has announced that it has added a discounted royalty rate category for lower-priced set-top boxes, surveillance cameras and certain other devices, and simplified its Patent License Agreement (PPL) to reduce costs for licensees.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Worldwide
HEVC Advance announces 'Royalty Free' HEVC software
Nov 22, 2016 – HEVC Advance has announced an initiative to accelerate HEVC/UHD adoption. HEVC Advance will not seek a license or royalties on HEVC functionality implemented in software downloaded to mobiles or PCs after the initial sale of the device.
News categories: HEVC Advance, MulticoreWare, Peter Moller, Tom Vaughan, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Patent, Worldwide
Technicolor withdraws from the HEVC Advance patent pool
Feb 3, 2016 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has decided to license its HEVC IP portfolio directly to device manufacturers rather than through the HEVC Advance patent pool in order to accelerate adoption of the standard.
News categories: Technicolor, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance begins issuing licenses
Jan 19, 2016 – HEVC Advance has announced that it has begun accepting requests for licenses to the HEVC/H.265 worldwide essential patents of its licensor companies.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Adminius, Pete Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent
HEVC Advance announces revised licensing structure
Dec 18, 2015 – HEVC Advance has announced an updated royalty rate structure resulting from engagement with market participants. The updates support accelerated adoption of HEVC in the marketplace for the benefit of both industry and consumers.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Mobile, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance considering adjustments to its royalty structure
Sep 23, 2015 – In a press release announcing that MediaTek has joined the patent pool, HEVC Advance said that it is soliciting input from market participants and considering adjustments to arrive at a royalty structure that enables adoption of HEVC.
News categories: HEVC Advance, MediaTek, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- Minerva to power Dhiraagu's TV services in the Maldives
- BritBox chooses Deltatre as front-end and UX design partner
- ADB builds satellite STB platform with MediaTek
- GatesAir TV transmission deal with Doordarshan expanded to Northern India
- Live video streaming to have 91 million subscribers by 2024
- Amobee to integrate LiveRamp IdentityLink to enhance targeting
- Telia Carrier offers direct connectivity for MOBITV streaming TV apps
- Ocean Blue Software releases CI Plus 2.0 Host software stack
- FPT Play selects ATEME for OTT headend in Vietnam
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs to get Chromecast built-in update with Disney+ support
- Edgeware and ENENSYS form alliance
- US telecom and pay-TV service revenue to rise to $419.4bn by 2024
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019