Digital TV News: HEVC Advance
HEVC Advance royalty rates to remain at current levels
Jul 1, 2020 – HEVC Advance has announced that the current royalty rates offered by its HEVC/H.265 Pool License will remain unchanged for its next five-year term, beginning January 1, 2021, through December 31, 2025.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Content Distribution, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Patent, Worldwide
Technicolor joins the HEVC Advance patent pool
Oct 22, 2019 – HEVC Advance has announced that Technicolor has become a Licensee in the HEVC Advance HEVC/H.265 Patent Pool.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Technicolor, Peter Moller, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
Oct 15, 2019 – HEVC Advance has announced that JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery and Korean Patent Investment Corporation have become Licensors in the HEVC Advance HEVC/H.265 Patent Pool License Program.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance eliminates content distribution royalty fees
Mar 14, 2018 – HEVC Advance has announced that it has eliminated 'subscription' and 'title-by-title' content distribution from the HEVC Advance Patent License in an effort to further accelerate HEVC adoption and support distributors to bring the best video experience to consumers.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Pete Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance adds discounted royalty rate for cheaper STBs
Oct 24, 2017 – HEVC Advance has announced that it has added a discounted royalty rate category for lower-priced set-top boxes, surveillance cameras and certain other devices, and simplified its Patent License Agreement (PPL) to reduce costs for licensees.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Worldwide
HEVC Advance announces 'Royalty Free' HEVC software
Nov 22, 2016 – HEVC Advance has announced an initiative to accelerate HEVC/UHD adoption. HEVC Advance will not seek a license or royalties on HEVC functionality implemented in software downloaded to mobiles or PCs after the initial sale of the device.
News categories: HEVC Advance, MulticoreWare, Peter Moller, Tom Vaughan, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Patent, Worldwide
Technicolor withdraws from the HEVC Advance patent pool
Feb 3, 2016 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has decided to license its HEVC IP portfolio directly to device manufacturers rather than through the HEVC Advance patent pool in order to accelerate adoption of the standard.
News categories: Technicolor, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance begins issuing licenses
Jan 19, 2016 – HEVC Advance has announced that it has begun accepting requests for licenses to the HEVC/H.265 worldwide essential patents of its licensor companies.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Adminius, Pete Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent
HEVC Advance announces revised licensing structure
Dec 18, 2015 – HEVC Advance has announced an updated royalty rate structure resulting from engagement with market participants. The updates support accelerated adoption of HEVC in the marketplace for the benefit of both industry and consumers.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Mobile, Patent, Worldwide
- COVID-19 will accelerate pay-TV revenue decline in Australia
- Unruly expands brand protection with DoubleVerify
- Zixi integrated into Harmonic's cloud based live streaming platform
- Flynet delivers OTT content with Viaccess-Orca DRM in El Salvador
- SonyLIV added to NetRange Smart TV App Store for India
- Phoenix Model Market adds second TV transmitter
- Interra Systems and BuyDRM integrate monitoring with DRM
- Sky Q adds smart new features
- Netgem acquires French fibre operator Comcable
- Hybrid tool targets viewers who did or did not watch linear TV spot ads
- SETAR deploys Nordija interactive TV platform in Aruba
- BoFiNet enlists Globecast for OTT service creation in Botswana
- fuboTV secures $20m of financing
- Fraunhofer HHI presents H.266/VVC video coding
- SeaChange leadership extends salary reduction plan
- Growth in TV Panel quotes even higher than expected in July
- DNA selects VisualOn media player for Android TV app
- Mobile to provide 40% of SVOD subscriptions
- Comscore finds U.S. VOD transactions peaked in April
- Vewd brings the full broadcast experience to Smart TVs