Digital TV News: HEVC Advance
Technicolor joins the HEVC Advance patent pool
Oct 22, 2019 – HEVC Advance has announced that Technicolor has become a Licensee in the HEVC Advance HEVC/H.265 Patent Pool.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Technicolor, Peter Moller, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance adds JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery, and Korean Patent Investment as licensors
Oct 15, 2019 – HEVC Advance has announced that JVCKenwood, NEC, Intellectual Discovery and Korean Patent Investment Corporation have become Licensors in the HEVC Advance HEVC/H.265 Patent Pool License Program.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance eliminates content distribution royalty fees
Mar 14, 2018 – HEVC Advance has announced that it has eliminated 'subscription' and 'title-by-title' content distribution from the HEVC Advance Patent License in an effort to further accelerate HEVC adoption and support distributors to bring the best video experience to consumers.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Pete Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance adds discounted royalty rate for cheaper STBs
Oct 24, 2017 – HEVC Advance has announced that it has added a discounted royalty rate category for lower-priced set-top boxes, surveillance cameras and certain other devices, and simplified its Patent License Agreement (PPL) to reduce costs for licensees.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Set Top Box, Worldwide
HEVC Advance announces 'Royalty Free' HEVC software
Nov 22, 2016 – HEVC Advance has announced an initiative to accelerate HEVC/UHD adoption. HEVC Advance will not seek a license or royalties on HEVC functionality implemented in software downloaded to mobiles or PCs after the initial sale of the device.
News categories: HEVC Advance, MulticoreWare, Peter Moller, Tom Vaughan, Digital TV, Licensing, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Patent, Worldwide
Technicolor withdraws from the HEVC Advance patent pool
Feb 3, 2016 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has decided to license its HEVC IP portfolio directly to device manufacturers rather than through the HEVC Advance patent pool in order to accelerate adoption of the standard.
News categories: Technicolor, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance begins issuing licenses
Jan 19, 2016 – HEVC Advance has announced that it has begun accepting requests for licenses to the HEVC/H.265 worldwide essential patents of its licensor companies.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Adminius, Pete Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent
HEVC Advance announces revised licensing structure
Dec 18, 2015 – HEVC Advance has announced an updated royalty rate structure resulting from engagement with market participants. The updates support accelerated adoption of HEVC in the marketplace for the benefit of both industry and consumers.
News categories: HEVC Advance, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Mobile, Patent, Worldwide
HEVC Advance considering adjustments to its royalty structure
Sep 23, 2015 – In a press release announcing that MediaTek has joined the patent pool, HEVC Advance said that it is soliciting input from market participants and considering adjustments to arrive at a royalty structure that enables adoption of HEVC.
News categories: HEVC Advance, MediaTek, Peter Moller, Digital TV, Licensing, Patent, Semiconductor, Worldwide
- 2020 semiconductor market to decline 0.9% due to coronavirus
- Over 11,000 TV channels were available in Europe in 2019
- Disney+ already at 50 million subscribers
- Crave now available on Roku devices in Canada
- Vodafone selects Synamedia for global cloud TV platform
- Neustar and iSpot.tv unify TV and digital attribution
- Comscore and JW Player partner on contextual targeting for video advertising
- Taiwan Broadband Communications adds HBO GO
- AR/VR IC market to grow to $7.75bn by 2026 at 23.3% CAGR
- 24i powers streaming video experience for Topic
- Roku launches The Roku Channel in the UK
- Verimatrix integrates server-side watermarking with Akamai
- SVOD and T-VOD drive Korean market to new levels
- HbbTV releases HbbTV Conformance Test Suite v2020-1
- NZ: Netflix, Lightbox and Prime Video double viewership in 2019
- KT to build IPTV service for 3BB TV in Thailand
- 10 million more digital pay TV subscribers for Eastern Europe by 2025
- US: 44% with a vMVPD switched from a traditional pay TV service
- BritBox app launches on LG Smart TVs
- Contentos integrates Theta Network decentralized video delivery for COS.tv