Digital TV News: HOOQ
Airtel launches converged entertainment platform
Sep 2, 2019 – Bharti Airtel has announced the launch of its converged digital entertainment play: Airtel Xstream. Over the coming months, Airtel plans to roll out a range of solutions to cater to the entertainment needs of every customer segment of India.
News categories: Airtel, Adarsh Nair, Digital TV, India, Mobile, OTT, Satellite, Set Top Box
ACT Fibernet launches OTT set-top box
Aug 1, 2019 – ACT Fibernet has launched an OTT media streamer called ACT Stream TV 4K. ACT Stream TV 4K runs on the latest Android 9.0 Pie version and enables content streaming from Netflix, Hooq, YuppTV, Zee5, Hungama Play, Sony Liv, and other similar platforms.
News categories: ACT Fibernet, Android TV, Digital TV, India, OTT, Set Top Box
HOOQ selects Brightcove to power live and on-demand video streaming
Jun 23, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that HOOQ has selected the Brightcove Video Platform as the underlying streaming solution to power its live and video-on-demand service to subscribers across Singapore, Indonesia, Thailand, Philippines, and India.
News categories: Brightcove, HOOQ, Sara Larsen, Michael Fleishman, Content Distribution, Digital TV, India, Indonesia, OTT, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand
Vindicia report sees massive global growth in OTT subscription revenue
Sep 13, 2018 – Vindicia (NASDAQ: DOX) has released a research report that explores the prospects and development of premium OTT services across four regions: Western Europe, USA, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
News categories: Vindicia, MTM, Kris Nagel, Nick Thomas, Asia, Digital TV, Europe, Latin America, Market Research, OTT, USA
Roku to power Globe Streamwatch player in the Philippines
Oct 24, 2017 – Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU) and Globe Telecom have announced the signing of a licensing agreement allowing Globe to use Roku's streaming platform to deliver video services to its customers. Globe will launch the Streamwatch player in the Philippines by November this year.
News categories: Roku, Globe Telecom, Andrew Ferrone, Martha Sazon, Digital TV, OTT, Philippines, Set Top Box
Telkom and Huawei soft launch TV-based video communication service in Indonesia
Apr 24, 2017 – Telkom and Huawei have soft launched Indonesia's first TV-based video communications service, IndiHome Video Call. The service integrates video communication capabilities in a set-top box for use with a webcam.
News categories: Huawei, Telkom, Sun Xiwei, Suparwiyanto, Apps, Digital TV, Indonesia, Set Top Box
China to push Asian SVOD – without Netflix
Oct 19, 2016 – The Asia Pacific region will have 157.78 million SVOD subscribers by 2021, up from 41.68 million in 2015 and 76.12 million expected by end-2016, according to Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Simon Murray, Asia, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, Subscribers
Globe Telecom first with Netflix in the Philippines
Jun 27, 2016 – Globe Telecom has announced that it is the first mobile and broadband Philippine partner of Netflix. Netflix will be available to Globe customers via their mobile or broadband service.
News categories: Globe Telecom, Netflix, Mobile, OTT, Philippines
Pay TV market to reach 1.1 billion subscribers by 2020
Jun 19, 2015 – The worldwide pay-TV market surpassed more than 900 million subscribers in 1Q 2015, representing 48% penetration. The market is likely to grow steadily over the next 5 years, mainly boosted by emerging markets, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Jake Saunders, Khin Sandi Lynn, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Worldwide
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification
- Partner Communications selects Broadpeak for server-side ad insertion
- Irdeto and Amlogic launch Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid STB platform
- INNOPIA becomes Netflix Hailstorm Hybrid partner with Synaptics and NAGRA
- Synaptics VideoSmart SoC approved for Widevine CAS on Android TV