Digital TV News: HTC
MVMNT TV using Brightcove to launch apps for multiple platform
Mar 1, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that MVMNT TV is using its technology to launch multiple platform apps across Apple TV, Amazon Fire, iOS, Android, and Google Chromecast. The developments will use Brightcove OTT Flow, powered by Accedo.
News categories: Brightcove, MVMNT TV, Accedo, Rick Hanson, Erik Jetmir, Apps, Digital TV, OTT, USA
HTC unveils 5G mobile smart hub
Feb 25, 2019 – HTC has unveiled its HTC 5G Hub, a dedicated 5G mobile smart hub. The device enables 4K video streaming, low-latency gaming, and 5G mobile hotspot features for up to 20 users. Carriers across the globe will offer the HTC 5G Hub.
News categories: HTC, Cher Wang, 5G, Australia, Finland, Germany, MWC19, Router, Switzerland, UK, USA
Brightcove to acquire Ooyala’s online video platform business
Feb 13, 2019 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced that it agreed to acquire the online video platform (OVP) business of Ooyala. Brightcove intends to take on all customer, reseller, and partner relationships utilized by Ooyala’s OVP business globally.
News categories: Brightcove, Ooyala, Jeff Ray, Jonathan Huberman, Big Data, Content Distribution, Digital TV, MnA, Worldwide
Channel 4 launches 'Dynamic TV' - a European first in VoD ad targeting
Jan 23, 2019 – Channel 4 has announced the launch of Dynamic TV - an ad innovation which enables potentially thousands of variations of data-driven creative to be served across big screen devices like smart TVs for the first time, as well as on mobile and desktop VOD platforms.
News categories: Channel 4, Innovid, David Amodio, Tal Chalozin, Advertising, Big Data, Digital TV, OTT, Smart TV, UK
HTC VIVE evolves VR portfolio
Jan 7, 2019 – HTC VIVE has announced hardware, software, and content offerings that redefine how VR is experienced. VIVE Pro Eye sets a new standard for high-end VR headsets, VIVEPORT Infinity allows unlimited access to content, and VIVE COSMOS with Vive Reality System reimagines what's possible in VR.
News categories: HTC VIVE, Rikard Steiber, Daniel O'Brien, Drew Bamford, Jamie Leece, CES, VR, Worldwide
Brightcove releases research on consumer video streaming preferences
Dec 18, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced the results of its 2018 Global Consumer Streaming Habits Survey, analyzing global consumer consumption preferences across generations when it comes to live and on-demand streaming video content.
News categories: Brightcove, Sara Larsen, Australia, Canada, Digital TV, France, Germany, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, Spain, UAE, USA
ABI Research lowers 2023 VR forecast
Dec 5, 2018 – The Virtual Reality (VR) market is at a crossroad, finds ABI Research. The company has lowered its installed base forecast to clear just over 140 million by 2023, contingent on mobile VR turning things around and again becoming a viable segment of the market.
News categories: ABI Research, Michael Inouye, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
VR device market declines in 2018 but outlook remains positive
Dec 3, 2018 – Despite early enthusiasm and a continued expectation of significant long-term potential for the technology, CCS Insight believes there is still significant work to be done to improve the user experience, software platforms and content availability.
News categories: CCS Insight, Ben Wood, Digital TV, Market Research, VR, Worldwide
Brightcove commissions study of pay and OTT TV in Taiwan
Oct 29, 2018 – Brightcove (NASDAQ: BCOV) has announced findings from a study carried out with YouGov and Cleeng. The study highlighted trends in video consumption, preferences towards cable TV and OTT TV services, motivators that drive pay TV and OTT TV adoption, and payment preferences in Taiwan.
News categories: Brightcove, Cleeng, YouGov, Ben Morrell, Digital TV, Market Research, Taiwan
- Involuntary cancellations a huge problem for the SVOD industry
- FPT launches Vietnam's first Android TV 9.0 smart device with SDMC
- NCC Media connects online to its TV advertising platform
- MediaKind to debut Universe portfolio at NAB Show 2019
- NBCUniversal and Sky combine advanced advertising capabilities
- Netflix surges beyond 11 million users in Australia
- Asia Pacific OTT to generate $48 billion
- Cinedigm to acquire Future Today
- Comark becomes Triveni Digital ATSC 1.0 and ATSC 3.0 re-seller for the U.S.
- NexPlayer and WeTek develop E2E OTT solution supporting Widevine DRM
- CANAL+ Myanmar deploys NAGRA’s Conax GO Live multiscreen OTT solution
- US esports ad revenues will grow 25% in 2019
- Funimation licenses TiVo's Search, Recommendations and Insight modules
- FTTH Council Europe updates FTTH/FTTB figures
- Eleven Sports launches new streaming service in Japan
- Rakuten TV to expand reach to more than 40 countries in 2019
- Bezeq plans migration of 'yes' from satellite to OTT
- TDG: Disney+ likely to be well received
- Saankhya Labs develops 5G Broadcast and Direct to Mobile TV technologies
- Benin signs up with SES for DTT distribution and DTH