Digital TV News: Haier
Youku Tudou app for China's leading smart TV and OTT manufacturers
Apr 24, 2014 – Youku Tudou (NYSE: YOKU) has announced that it has inked strategic partnerships with most of China's leading smart TV and OTT manufacturers, 8 of which are an exclusive integration of the pre-installed Youku Tudou App.
News categories: Youku, Yao Jian, App, China, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
4Kx2K LCD TV Panel Shipments Expected to Reach 2.6M in 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – According to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Large Area TFT Panel Shipment Report, TFT LCD panel suppliers are forecast to ship 2.6 million 4Kx2K LCD TV panels (also known as Ultra HD) worldwide in 2013, up more than 40-fold from 63 thousand in 2012.
News categories: DisplaySearch, David Hsieh, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Haier Chooses Flingo Samba to Automatically Identify and Enhance Live TV Programs
Jan 4, 2013 – Flingo has announced that its Samba platform will be integrated into Haier Smart TVs to synchronize any second screen with live TV. Samba recommends online videos, TV programs, real-time information and social media discussions related to the TV program currently playing.
News categories: Flingo, Haier, App, CES, Smart TV
Roku Unveils New Roku Streaming Stick Partners
Aug 1, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled that Element Electronics; GlobalVue; Haier; Hitachi; Insignia; Mitsubishi; Onkyo and Integra; OPPO and TMAX Digital are among the first companies working with Roku to develop consumer electronics devices for the Roku Streaming Stick™.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, Home Networking, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Wireless
The First Brain Computer Interface Smart TV
Sep 2, 2011 – The world's first Brain-Computer Interface Technology (BCI) Smart TV will debut at IFA. Manufactured by Haier and Powered by NeuroSky ThinkGear technology, the Haier Cloud Smart TV offers the ability for users to interact with their TV using their brains.
News categories: Haier, NeuroSky, Digital TV, IFA, Middleware, Smart TV
Zoran Demos DTV, Set-Top Box and Silicon Tuner Platforms at Computex 2011
May 31, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating its latest internet connected and mobile product platforms for global consumer electronics manufacturers at Computex 2011 at the Grand Hyatt Taipei.
News categories: Zoran, COMPUTEX, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Trident Microsystems Reports Results for First Quarter Ended Mar. 31, 2011
May 3, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) has announced results for its first quarter ended Mar. 31, 2011. For the quarter, the company reported net revenues of $88.3 million, which compares with $90.4 million in the quarter ended Mar. 31, 2010.
News categories: Trident Micro, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ViXS Provides the Innovation in Haier's Next Generation Hybrid Set-top Box
Mar 23, 2011 – ViXS Systems has announced that its XCode® 4210 multimedia processor has been chosen by Haier Software for its next generation hybrid set-top boxes.
News categories: ViXS, Haier, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
LG Display Takes 3D to the Next Level
Jan 5, 2011 – LG Display (NYSE: LPL) (KRX: 034220) showcased its Film Patterned Retarder (FPR, polarized glasses type) 3D panel at a kickoff press conference in Las Vegas, during media day of the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
News categories: LG Display, 3D, CES, LCD TV, Smart TV
- AT&T adds 190,000 U-verse TV subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Comporium adds ARRIS TV-everywhere box to its offer
- SES launches digital TV platform for West Africa
- Satellite TV revenues to reach $100 billion
- STMicroelectronics Reports 2014 Second Quarter Financial Results
- Broadcom reports second quarter 2014 results
- Pay TV operator software spending shrinks in developed markets
- UK's YouView plans expansion
- Dish TV India adds 332 thousand subscribers in 2Q 2014
- Verizon adds 100,000 FiOS Video connections in 2Q 2014
- Comcast video subscribers down 144,000 in 2Q 2014
- Most sub-Saharan countries to miss 2015 TV switchover deadline
- Netflix adds 1.69 million members in 2Q 2014
- América Móvil pay TV subscribers pass 20 million
- Türk Telekom IPTV subscribers down 6,000 in 2Q 2014
- U.S. ownership of connected TV devices to grow 100% by 2017
- Global pay TV market to generate $280.4 billion in 2014
- Solbox streaming server supports HEVC and MPEG-DASH for Ultra HD
- Videocon d2h chooses Broadcom for HD Satellite DVR
- Beamly announces support for Android TV