Digital TV News: Haier
ACCESS TV browsers pre-integrated by Foxxum
May 23, 2017 – ACCESS CO. has announced that its portfolio of TV browsers are being pre-integrated by the Smart TV solutions provider Foxxum. The partnership aims to improve the quality of experience of Foxxum’s Smart TV App Store on Linux and Android devices.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Foxxum, Dr. Neale Foster, Ronny Lutzi, Apps, Digital TV, Worldwide
MTC adopts SERAPHIC HTML5 browser for European TVs
Nov 11, 2016 – Shenzhen MTC has announced that it will adopt Sraf HTML5 browser, provided by SERAPHIC, to launch affordable smart TVs in Europe.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Shenzhen MTC, Ye Wang, Kenneth Zhao, Digital TV, Europe, HTML5, Smart TV
AllSeen Alliance and Open Connectivity Foundation to merge
Oct 10, 2016 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn open source IoT framework, have announced that the two organizations are to merge.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, AllSeen Alliance, Mike Richmond, Danny Lousberg, MnA, Smart Home, Worldwide
TV display supply shortage could continue into Q3
Jul 20, 2016 – According to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), the global TV display supply shortage could continue to be an issue in the third quarter of 2016, the most critical timing for TV makers looking to refill the panel pipeline for the upcoming holiday sales season.
News categories: IHS Markit, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Roku announces Roku TV HDR Reference Design
Jan 4, 2016 – Roku enters 2016 with plans for the first 4K UHD Roku TV models, the introduction of the Roku TV HDR reference design, and its TV OEM partners expect to introduce nearly 60 Roku TV models.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chas Smith, Chris Larson, CES, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
4K TVs to reach 23% market penetration in 2016
Nov 25, 2015 – Global LCD TV shipments for 2015 will total 216 million sets, according to the latest estimation by WitsView. This year’s shipments will represent a slight annual decline, for the first time since the shipment slide in 2013.
News categories: WitsView, Ricky Lin, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Leading TV brands now more reliant on Chinese manufacturers
Jun 22, 2015 – TVs made by outsourcing specialists are expected to reach an industry record of 43 percent of LCD TVs shipped globally in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Outsourcing manufacturing has become one of the most important business strategies for TV brands.
News categories: IHS Inc, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD TVs fast penetrating China market
Sep 9, 2014 – According to WitsView, approximately 14 million Ultra HD television have been shipped globally so far in 2014, penetrating 6-7% of the overall TV market. Chinese vendors have the highest penetration rates.
News categories: WitsView, Anita Wang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Haier selects SERAPHIC TV browser for Connected TVs in Europe
Sep 5, 2014 – Haier has announced that it has teamed up with SERAPHIC in order to deploy SERAPHIC’s Blink-based Sraf TV Browser in its new range of connected TVs in Europe.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Haier, Christophe Chancenest, Ye Wang, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, IFA17, Smart TV
- 64% of U.S. households have an SVOD service
- 76% of pay-TV operators believe innovation is a top priority
- ARRIS introduces TiVo-based STBs in support of the NCTC VU-IT! Program
- comScore demographics available through the Tru Optik OTT Marketing Cloud
- Sixty attracts investment to fund future growth
- OTT devices and services market to be worth $165.13bn by 2025
- Thaicom inks transponder agreement with MVI for Lao DTH platform
- 30 pay TV providers testing 4K with SES in the US
- KDDI adopts TiVo's remote recording and adds voice control
- Sky Deutschland chooses Yospace dynamic ad insertion for Sky Go
- Streaming Video Alliance releases Open Caching Working Group specifications
- Sinclair and Nexstar agree transition plan from ATSC 1.0 to ATSC 3.0
- Video Services Analytics market to double over the next five years
- Reliance Industries invests in Balaji Telefilms
- Five large groups make up for two thirds of Latin American Pay-TV
- Encompass to provide CloudVOD to Scripps Networks International
- GTPL Hathway boosts channel count and OTT services with Harmonic
- Cadent enhances its addressable TV solution and core system
- Pirate pay TV in 7% of TV households in Latin America
- TELUS selects Mediamorph to streamline programmer fee calculations and processing