Digital TV News: Haier
MTC adopts SERAPHIC HTML5 browser for European TVs
Nov 11, 2016 – Shenzhen MTC has announced that it will adopt Sraf HTML5 browser, provided by SERAPHIC, to launch affordable smart TVs in Europe.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Shenzhen MTC, Ye Wang, Kenneth Zhao, Digital TV, Europe, HTML5, Smart TV
AllSeen Alliance and Open Connectivity Foundation to merge
Oct 10, 2016 – The Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF), sponsor of the IoTivity open source project, and AllSeen Alliance, which provides the AllJoyn open source IoT framework, have announced that the two organizations are to merge.
News categories: Open Connectivity Foundation, AllSeen Alliance, Mike Richmond, Danny Lousberg, MnA, Smart Home, Worldwide
TV display supply shortage could continue into Q3
Jul 20, 2016 – According to IHS Markit (Nasdaq: INFO), the global TV display supply shortage could continue to be an issue in the third quarter of 2016, the most critical timing for TV makers looking to refill the panel pipeline for the upcoming holiday sales season.
News categories: IHS Markit, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Roku announces Roku TV HDR Reference Design
Jan 4, 2016 – Roku enters 2016 with plans for the first 4K UHD Roku TV models, the introduction of the Roku TV HDR reference design, and its TV OEM partners expect to introduce nearly 60 Roku TV models.
News categories: Roku, TCL, Chas Smith, Chris Larson, CES2017, Digital TV, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Worldwide
4K TVs to reach 23% market penetration in 2016
Nov 25, 2015 – Global LCD TV shipments for 2015 will total 216 million sets, according to the latest estimation by WitsView. This year’s shipments will represent a slight annual decline, for the first time since the shipment slide in 2013.
News categories: WitsView, Ricky Lin, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Leading TV brands now more reliant on Chinese manufacturers
Jun 22, 2015 – TVs made by outsourcing specialists are expected to reach an industry record of 43 percent of LCD TVs shipped globally in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Outsourcing manufacturing has become one of the most important business strategies for TV brands.
News categories: IHS Inc, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD TVs fast penetrating China market
Sep 9, 2014 – According to WitsView, approximately 14 million Ultra HD television have been shipped globally so far in 2014, penetrating 6-7% of the overall TV market. Chinese vendors have the highest penetration rates.
News categories: WitsView, Anita Wang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Haier selects SERAPHIC TV browser for Connected TVs in Europe
Sep 5, 2014 – Haier has announced that it has teamed up with SERAPHIC in order to deploy SERAPHIC’s Blink-based Sraf TV Browser in its new range of connected TVs in Europe.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Haier, Christophe Chancenest, Ye Wang, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, IFA17, Smart TV
Ultra HD TVs make gains but still lack market penetration
Jul 23, 2014 – Ultra-high-definition televisions (UHD TVs) continued to make slow and steady inroads throughout the world, but their share of the overall flat-panel TV market remained minimal by the end of May, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Technology, Jusy Hong, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
- NPAW business intelligence available through Kaltura’s TV Platform
- Síminn gears up for 4K with Broadpeak
- HDR sets will surpass 4K TV shipments in 2020
- SERAPHIC and IRT show latest HbbTV 2 features at BroadcastAsia 2017
- Quiptel and Verimatrix deliver West Africa’s first secure OTT service
- Melita and Vodafone Malta announce merger
- Hrvatski Telekom presents a new generation of MAXtv
- Viaccess-Orca acquires Squadeo
- Concurrent storage selected for timeshift TV at Leucom in Switzerland
- Altice announces new global strategy: One Group, One Brand
- VOD market to reach $77.7 billion by 2024
- European Council proposes revised directive on audiovisual media services
- Bridge Technologies monitors IP networks for TOT in Thailand
- SERAPHIC partners with ALi to launch Sraf Lite browser
- Amazon Channels launches in the UK and Germany
- iWedia and Amlogic combine for Android TV
- DISH adds hands-free DVR control via Amazon Alexa
- DISH now on Amazon Fire TV
- ABS and SOLAR to launch FTA DTH service in the Philippines
- Rohde & Schwarz acquires Motama