Digital TV News: Haier
4K TVs to reach 23% market penetration in 2016
Nov 25, 2015 – Global LCD TV shipments for 2015 will total 216 million sets, according to the latest estimation by WitsView. This year’s shipments will represent a slight annual decline, for the first time since the shipment slide in 2013.
News categories: WitsView, Ricky Lin, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Leading TV brands now more reliant on Chinese manufacturers
Jun 22, 2015 – TVs made by outsourcing specialists are expected to reach an industry record of 43 percent of LCD TVs shipped globally in 2015, according to IHS (NYSE: IHS). Outsourcing manufacturing has become one of the most important business strategies for TV brands.
News categories: IHS Inc, Deborah Yang, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Ultra HD TVs fast penetrating China market
Sep 9, 2014 – According to WitsView, approximately 14 million Ultra HD television have been shipped globally so far in 2014, penetrating 6-7% of the overall TV market. Chinese vendors have the highest penetration rates.
News categories: WitsView, Anita Wang, China, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Haier selects SERAPHIC TV browser for Connected TVs in Europe
Sep 5, 2014 – Haier has announced that it has teamed up with SERAPHIC in order to deploy SERAPHIC’s Blink-based Sraf TV Browser in its new range of connected TVs in Europe.
News categories: SERAPHIC, Haier, Christophe Chancenest, Ye Wang, Apps, Digital TV, Europe, HbbTV, HTML5, IFA15, Smart TV
Ultra HD TVs make gains but still lack market penetration
Jul 23, 2014 – Ultra-high-definition televisions (UHD TVs) continued to make slow and steady inroads throughout the world, but their share of the overall flat-panel TV market remained minimal by the end of May, according to IHS Technology (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Technology, Jusy Hong, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV, Worldwide
Youku Tudou app for China's leading smart TV and OTT manufacturers
Apr 24, 2014 – Youku Tudou (NYSE: YOKU) has announced that it has inked strategic partnerships with most of China's leading smart TV and OTT manufacturers, 8 of which are an exclusive integration of the pre-installed Youku Tudou App.
News categories: Youku, Yao Jian, Apps, China, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
4Kx2K LCD TV Panel Shipments Expected to Reach 2.6M in 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – According to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Large Area TFT Panel Shipment Report, TFT LCD panel suppliers are forecast to ship 2.6 million 4Kx2K LCD TV panels (also known as Ultra HD) worldwide in 2013, up more than 40-fold from 63 thousand in 2012.
News categories: DisplaySearch, David Hsieh, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Haier Chooses Flingo Samba to Automatically Identify and Enhance Live TV Programs
Jan 4, 2013 – Flingo has announced that its Samba platform will be integrated into Haier Smart TVs to synchronize any second screen with live TV. Samba recommends online videos, TV programs, real-time information and social media discussions related to the TV program currently playing.
News categories: Flingo, Haier, Apps, CES, Smart TV
Roku Unveils New Roku Streaming Stick Partners
Aug 1, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled that Element Electronics; GlobalVue; Haier; Hitachi; Insignia; Mitsubishi; Onkyo and Integra; OPPO and TMAX Digital are among the first companies working with Roku to develop consumer electronics devices for the Roku Streaming Stick™.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, Home Networking, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Wireless
- SkyVision launches satellite TV platforms for Africa
- 4K TVs to reach 23% market penetration in 2016
- PS4 sales surpass 30.2 million units worldwide
- Mariner xVu now monitoring over 30 million devices
- Venezuela's Pay TV subscribers up 146,000 in 2Q 2015
- Kyivstar launches IPTV across its FTTB network in Ukraine
- O2 Czech Republic introduces OTT set-top box
- 57% of Western European households own at least one connected CE device
- Active DTH subscribers in India fell 1.41 million in 2Q 2015
- V-Nova powers Real Madrid vs. Barcelona UltraHD broadcast
- FLIX.TV acquires satellite broadcasting licence in the Czech Republic
- Next Step to offer DTH TV platform in Thailand with Intelsat
- CAN Tech and Stream TV partner to provide Glasses-Free 3D content
- Tricolor TV begins broadcasting of Ultra HD package
- DVB approves UHD-1 Phase 2 Commercial Requirements
- Celeno Wi-Fi chips to power Altech gateways and STBs
- Sky unveils Sky Q home entertainment system
- Canal Holdings selects SES for TV distribution across West Africa
- Netflix to reach 115 million subscribers
- Parks Associates reveals top 10 OTT S-VOD services in the U.S.