Digital TV News: Haier
4Kx2K LCD TV Panel Shipments Expected to Reach 2.6M in 2013
Mar 14, 2013 – According to the latest NPD DisplaySearch Quarterly Large Area TFT Panel Shipment Report, TFT LCD panel suppliers are forecast to ship 2.6 million 4Kx2K LCD TV panels (also known as Ultra HD) worldwide in 2013, up more than 40-fold from 63 thousand in 2012.
News categories: DisplaySearch, David Hsieh, Digital TV, Market Research, Smart TV
Haier Chooses Flingo Samba to Automatically Identify and Enhance Live TV Programs
Jan 4, 2013 – Flingo has announced that its Samba platform will be integrated into Haier Smart TVs to synchronize any second screen with live TV. Samba recommends online videos, TV programs, real-time information and social media discussions related to the TV program currently playing.
News categories: Flingo, Haier, Apps, CES, Smart TV
Roku Unveils New Roku Streaming Stick Partners
Aug 1, 2012 – Roku® has unveiled that Element Electronics; GlobalVue; Haier; Hitachi; Insignia; Mitsubishi; Onkyo and Integra; OPPO and TMAX Digital are among the first companies working with Roku to develop consumer electronics devices for the Roku Streaming Stick™.
News categories: Roku, Digital TV, Home Networking, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV, USA, Wireless
The First Brain Computer Interface Smart TV
Sep 2, 2011 – The world's first Brain-Computer Interface Technology (BCI) Smart TV will debut at IFA. Manufactured by Haier and Powered by NeuroSky ThinkGear technology, the Haier Cloud Smart TV offers the ability for users to interact with their TV using their brains.
News categories: Haier, NeuroSky, Digital TV, IFA2013, Middleware, Smart TV
Zoran Demos DTV, Set-Top Box and Silicon Tuner Platforms at Computex 2011
May 31, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating its latest internet connected and mobile product platforms for global consumer electronics manufacturers at Computex 2011 at the Grand Hyatt Taipei.
News categories: Zoran, COMPUTEX, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Trident Microsystems Reports Results for First Quarter Ended Mar. 31, 2011
May 3, 2011 – Trident Microsystems (Nasdaq: TRID) has announced results for its first quarter ended Mar. 31, 2011. For the quarter, the company reported net revenues of $88.3 million, which compares with $90.4 million in the quarter ended Mar. 31, 2010.
News categories: Trident Micro, Results, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
ViXS Provides the Innovation in Haier's Next Generation Hybrid Set-top Box
Mar 23, 2011 – ViXS Systems has announced that its XCode® 4210 multimedia processor has been chosen by Haier Software for its next generation hybrid set-top boxes.
News categories: ViXS, Haier, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
LG Display Takes 3D to the Next Level
Jan 5, 2011 – LG Display (NYSE: LPL) (KRX: 034220) showcased its Film Patterned Retarder (FPR, polarized glasses type) 3D panel at a kickoff press conference in Las Vegas, during media day of the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show (CES).
News categories: LG Display, 3D, CES, LCD TV, Smart TV
Massive Wave of WHDI Products Announced at CES
Jan 5, 2011 – WHDI LLC has announced that, together with leading WHDI technology supplier AMIMON, they will demonstrate numerous new WHDI products, technology innovations and future product designs at the International CES show.
News categories: WHDI LLC, AMIMON, CES, Home Networking, Smart TV, WHDI™, Wireless
- Boxer TV selects Norigin Media multiscreen TVE apps
- European cable top-line growth accelerates by 5.9% in 2013
- Amino selects ACCESS DLNA technology
- Suddenlink video customers down 33,800 in 2013
- Eutelsat-Nilesat 7/8°W video audience exceeds 50 million homes
- Creonic to deliver IP cores for the new DVB-S2X standard
- MStar and Connected-Labs collaborate on Web solutions for TV and STB
- TV formats withstand European ad recession
- Vonetize starts streaming 4K video on Smart TVs
- Samsung, Vizio control U.S. Smart TV market
- Broadpeak teams with Eutelsat for satellite delivery of OTT content
- Ooyala technology for Foxtel's Presto OTT movie service
- beIN SPORTS chooses Pace HD STBs and Home Media Servers
- Entropic, MTI satellite Channel Stacking Switch deployed in the Middle East
- Quadrille push VOD integrated with Eutelsat's 'smart LNB'
- TV-Everywhere in Middle East to accelerate on the back of Pay TV services
- Eutelsat shows ‘smart LNB’ in action at CabSat Dubai
- Colombia's ETB to launch IPTV this month
- Inview to launch HDMI dongle platform at TVConnect
- Majority of televisions in U.S. housholds are now HDTVs