Digital TV News: Hannes Ametsreiter
Telekom Austria acquires Croatia's Digi TV DTH provider through Vipnet subsidiary
Mar 11, 2013 – Vipnet, the Croatian subsidiary of Telekom Austria, has acquired the Croatian satellite TV provider Digi TV. With the acquisition, Vipnet will position itself as full service provider on the Croatian TV market.
News categories: Vipnet, Telekom Austria, Hannes Ametsreiter, Mladen Pejković, Croatia, MnA, Satellite
ADB Supports Telekom Austria For Europe's First DivX®-Enabled Digital TV Service
Feb 11, 2010 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (ADB) [SIX:ADBN] has announced that Telekom Austria (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has introduced advanced 'connected home' capabilities on its aonTV IPTV service using ADB set-top devices and software technology.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Telekom Austria, DivX, Austria, Digital TV, IPTV, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart Home
Telekom Austria Group: aonTV Reaches 100,000-Subscriber Mark
Jan 21, 2010 – The Telekom Austria Group (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY) has announced that aonTV, the IPTV service of its Fixed Net subsidiary, Telekom Austria TA AG, has reached the 100,000 subscriber mark.
News categories: Telekom Austria, Digital TV, IPTV, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Telekom Austria Has Success with Combi-Packages
Jan 15, 2009 – For the first time in 12 years Telekom Austria has seen growth in access line subscribers, due to combi-package sales. The development was also positive for aonTV with customer numbers rising from 10,930 at end-2007 to 63,800 at end-2008.
News categories: Telekom Austria, aonTV, Austria, IPTV, Subscribers
DVB-H now available in all Austrian regional capitals
Aug 8, 2008 – DVB-H has expanded its coverage in Austria to include the greater areas of Bregenz, Eisenstadt, Graz, Linz and St. Pölten. MEDIA BROADCAST has supplied the regions Vienna, Salzburg, Innsbruck and Klagenfurt with DVB-H since early June 2008.
News categories: MEDIA&BROADCAST, Hutchison 3G, ONE, mobilkom, Austria, Digital TV, Mobile
Austria - Starting Signal for Completion of A1 Mobile TV Service
Jun 6, 2008 – To continue to provide best quality television on the mobile phone to the growing number of users, Mobilkom's A1 will in future also offer mobile TV via DVB-H technology. A cooperation agreement with MEDIA BROADCAST was signed today.
News categories: Mobilkom, MEDIA BROADCAST, Austria, Digital TV, Mobile
Telekom Austria selects Alcatel-Lucent to enrich IPTV offering
May 30, 2008 – Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) has announced that it has been selected by Telekom Austria (VSE: TKA, OTC US: TKAGY), Austria's major service provider, to enrich Telekom Austria's IPTV offering.
News categories: Alcatel-Lucent, Telekom Austria, Austria, Content Distribution, Digital TV, IPTV
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS
- Disney+ launches in eight more European countries
- Orange delivers 1.75bn multi-DRM licenses with Viaccess-Orca
- Dotscreen renews metadata deal with Red Bee Media
- Broadpeak powers NPVR service for Orange France
- ZEASN announces Smart TV App Store v3.0