Digital TV News: Harald Rösch
EQT acquires Maltese telecom operator Melita
May 23, 2019 – EQT has signed an agreement to acquire Melita from Apax Partners and Fortino Capital. Melita services customers on Malta with mainly four types of products: Gigabit broadband services, mobile and fixed telephony as well as TV services.
News categories: Melita, EQT, Harald Rösch, Ulrich Köllensperger, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, MnA
Melita and Vodafone Malta announce merger
May 24, 2017 – Apax Partners, Fortino Capital and Vodafone have agreed to combine Melita and Vodafone Malta. The transaction combines Vodafone Malta, the country’s leading mobile operator, with Melita, Malta’s leading cable, broadband and pay TV provider.
News categories: Vodafone, Melita, Caroline Farrugia, Amanda Nelson, Harald Rösch, Cable TV, Digital TV, Malta, MnA
NDS Powers Hybrid VOD Service at Kabel BW
Mar 1, 2011 – NDS has announced that Kabel BW's new DVB-C-based VOD system is based on NDS' MediaHighway® set-top box (STB) software and VOD technology.
News categories: NDS Group, Kabel BW, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Middleware, Set Top Box
Sky Deutschland 3D service to launch October 2010
Sep 2, 2010 – Following on from the first ever HD 3D live football broadcast in Germany, Sky Deutschland (XETRA: SKYD.DE) is again the first to bring the experience of 3D to homes all across Germany and Austria with the launch of the new service this October.
News categories: Sky Deutschland, Austria, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Satellite, Set Top Box, VR
Kabel BW Selects NDS Middleware, XTV™ DVR and VOD Solutions
May 26, 2009 – NDS has announced that Kabel BW has chosen NDS' MediaHighway® set-top-box middleware, NDS XTV™ DVR technology and a VOD solution from NDS to extend the capabilities of Kabel BW's service offering and technology infrastructure.
News categories: NDS Group, Kabel BW, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVR, Germany, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Swisscom IPTV media streaming box powered by Synaptics
- Mirada interim results for the six months to 30 September 2019
- Kantar and VTION roll out OTT Audience Measurement for India
- iQIYI's watermarking system passes ChinaDRM Lab evaluation test
- Rakuten Viki selects BuyDRM's KeyOS MultiKey Service
- Dish TV India adds 42,000 subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Wurl powers the delivery of Hollywire to Samsung TV Plus
- U.S. traditional video subscribers down nearly 1.9 million in 3Q 2019
- Swisscom Box integrates voice assistant for TV and smart home control
- INNOPIA, Amlogic and Verimatrix offer Netflix-integrated Hailstorm Hybrid platform
- EU cable revenue hits all-time high of €24 billion in 2018
- Major U.S. pay-TV providers lost 1.74 million subscribers in 3Q 2019
- Disney+ passes 10 million sign-ups since launching
- Orange launches Djingo voice assistant
- Netflix and Nickelodeon form multi-year output deal
- Fincons to present Smart Digital Platform compatible with both HbbTV and ATSC 3.0
- Telefónica announces Movistar Living Apps for its STBs
- Sunrise terminates plan to buy UPC Switzerland
- Astro Malaysia releases Astro Ultra Box
- DVB approves DVB-I specification