Digital TV News: Harit Nagpal
Tata Sky expands security partnership with Irdeto
Jan 9, 2018 – Irdeto has announced that Tata Sky will implement Irdeto Cloaked CA and Middleware to ensure that its content remains secure. In addition, Tata Sky has selected Irdeto to enhance its end-to-end solution for OTT services.
News categories: Irdeto, Tata Sky, Doug Lowther, Harit Nagpal, CES2021, Content Protection, Digital TV, India, OTT, Satellite
Elemental chosen for Tata Sky 4K video service
Mar 19, 2015 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Tata Sky is using Elemental software to process Ultra HD live linear content in high-efficiency video coding (HEVC/H.265) for delivery to Tata Sky 4K-ready set-top boxes.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Tata Sky, Dan Marshall, Harit Nagpal, Content Distribution, India, Satellite
Ericsson enables Tata Sky 4K video service
Mar 2, 2015 – Ericsson (NASDAQ: ERIC) has announced that it has enabled Tata Sky to launch the first commercial 4K video service in the subcontinent. Ericsson will provide compression technology for 4K distribution using the 1080P50 format.
News categories: Ericsson, Tata Sky, Chris Houghton, Harit Nagpal, Content Distribution, India, MWC20, Satellite
Broadcom powers Technicolor's Tata Sky HEVC set-top
Jul 28, 2014 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that its BCM7252 high-efficiency video codec (HEVC) H.265 system-on-chip (SoC) will power Tata Sky's first generation Ultra HD set-top boxes (STBs).
News categories: Broadcom, Technicolor, Tata Sky, Harit Nagpal, Georges Laplanche, Rich Nelson, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Technicolor delivers 11 millionth set-top box to Tata Sky
Jul 21, 2014 – Technicolor (Euronext Paris: TCH ; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced the delivery of the 11 millionth Technicolor set-top box to Tata Sky, India's leading direct to home (DTH) service provider and HD market leader.
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Michel Rahier, Harit Nagpal, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
Technicolor announces 4K set top box deal with Tata Sky
May 15, 2014 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH; OTCQX: TCLRY) has announced an agreement with Tata Sky, India's leading direct to home (DTH) service provider and HD market leader, to provide 4K Set Top Boxes in volume early 2015.
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Michel Rahier, Harit Nagpal, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Set Top Box
Tata Sky selects Broadcom for DTH set-top boxes
Jul 1, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced that Tata Sky of India has selected its system-on-a-chip (SoC) devices for set-top boxes (STB) to enable Tata Sky's first MPEG-4 standard definition (SD) STB.
News categories: Broadcom, Tata Sky, Digital TV, India, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Technicolor wins two set-top box supply contract extensions with Tata Sky
Feb 18, 2013 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that it has won two extension contracts from Tata Sky. Tata Sky has granted Technicolor extension to the initial contracts for its HD-enabled zapper (MediaPlay DSI715) and SD satellite zapper (MediaPlay DSI309).
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Digital TV, India, Set Top Box
Tata Sky Renews Its Trust in Technicolor
Apr 11, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that it has reached the milestone of 5 million set-top boxes delivered to Tata Sky. Tata Sky has also awarded Technicolor a contract for HD set-top boxes, whose shipment will start later this year.
News categories: Technicolor, Tata Sky, Digital TV, India, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Comscore expands global Connected TV footprint with Samba TV
- Irdeto brings enhanced security services to Forthnet
- Western Europe to gain over 100 million SVOD subscribers by 2025
- MediaKind first to deploy latest You.i TV video experience SDK
- TVSquared and Blockgraph partner on TV and cross-channel measurement
- GTPL KCBPL selects ATEME for converged headend in India
- PlayStation 5 launches this November
- BrightLine launches connected TV ad solution
- Telefónica invites start-ups to develop digital home apps for Movistar+
- FIH and NAGRA launch Watch.Hockey app
- Gracenote enables cross-platform search and discovery for sports content
- VR headset market expected to grow despite short-term decline
- Pay TV in Portugal grows 4.1% YoY in 1H 2020
- Liberty Puerto Rico launches Hub TV powered by TiVo
- Verizon Media offers header bidding-like solution for OTT publishers
- Watch Brasil launches SVOD Smart TV app with Accedo
- ViacomCBS global streaming service to be called Paramount+
- TV3 to trial 5G immersive sport at Superbike World Championship
- Finns prefer to watch streaming services on the TV
- Proximus Pickx Android TV service goes live with 3SS